MAC Viva Glam Nicki Minaj 2013

melissa20

New to the community here. So here is a lip combo I did with VGN2. I used Sephora Candid Candy liner all over the lips before VGN2 then applied the VGN2 gloss on top and I love it! For reference I am currently NC25. Hopefully this lipstick works for others too!!!
super cute! definitely works for you

Copperhead

I tried Nicki2 on today with Nightmoth liner. Hot! Hot! Hot! I love this lipstick and can't wait to try it on with a few other liners. I was kind of hurried so I just grabbed Nightmoth. I'm thinking about a BU of Nicki2.

NATlar

I tried Nicki2 on today with Nightmoth liner. Hot! Hot! Hot! I love this lipstick and can't wait to try it on with a few other liners. I was kind of hurried so I just grabbed Nightmoth. I'm thinking about a BU of Nicki2.
Nicki 2 is also gorgeous with Embrace me and Magenta lip liner as an ombre effect.

Copperhead

Nicki 2 is also gorgeous with Embrace me and Magenta lip liner as an ombre effect.
I don't have Embrace Me (yet) but I do have NYX's Purple Rain which is supposed to be a good dupe for Magenta. I'm going to try that one next.

lilinah

I posted this on another board, but...

I recently ordered Mehr. It's now permanent, but not in most MAC shops, so i couldn't swatch it. MAC describes it as "dirty blue pink"; Christine of Temptalia said, "Mehr is a subtly blue-toned medium pink."

I tried it on this AM and what a disappointment. On me Mehr is a peachy rose (!!), not at all dirty blue pink, unless somehow i have the wrong lipstick in a tube labeled Mehr (the stick does look like its photos, though). It is quite matte and opaque, although not drying, as described. But I am disappointed because i liked what i saw in on-line swatches and shots of people wearing it. I thought it would be a close-to-MLBB lipstick i could just slap on as needed. It's hardly worth sending back because of the cost of shipping. But now i'll have to fiddle to make it a blue-toned.

Reminds me of the bad old days - 1960s and 70s - when so many lipsticks and foundations looked fine in their containers but pulled orange on me.

I'm thinking of mixing it with VG N2 lipstick or gloss. But that will mean carrying at least two products around instead of one... Grrr. So much for a simple MLBB l/s.

Any other ideas or suggestions?

lilinah

So, i've worn N2 lipstick out a couple times now. I am disappointed that N2 isn't more blue-violet, but it isn't bad on my pale coloring. It's not a Tyrone Biggums powdered sugar donut look on me - although there have been a few other MAC l/s & l/g that were.

First time out, i lined the edges of my lips with a little Nightmoth, blended it, put N2 l/s on my lips, and then blended the edges with a lip brush. I wasn't trying for an ombré lip, but to blue N2 a bit. It was OK - not a fail, but it was insufficiently blue for my taste.

Next time, i put on N2 l/s straight, then topped it with Perky lipglass (Taste Temptation coll.). That did the trick. It really brought N2 l/s to pale blue-violet-ness. It did give N2 a rather metallic look, which was fine with me, but may not be to other people's taste. I wore it with a frosty pink and pale violet eye, Unconventional blush on my cheek bones, and Earthshine lightly in the hollow beneath.

I'll be playing around with it more. Once i figure out how to make it the pale blue-violet i was hoping for, then i'll work on the ombré thing. I have lots of plum, purple, and violet lipsticks and glosses, and several plum, purple, and violet lip pencils, so i have plenty of ammunition.

MACina

That sounds gorgeous
heart.gif

I have to try this combo!

Thank you for sharing, lilinah
smiles.gif

So, i've worn N2 lipstick out a couple times now. I am disappointed that N2 isn't more blue-violet, but it isn't bad on my pale coloring. It's not a Tyrone Biggums powdered sugar donut look on me - although there have been a few other MAC l/s & l/g that were.

First time out, i lined the edges of my lips with a little Nightmoth, blended it, put N2 l/s on my lips, and then blended the edges with a lip brush. I wasn't trying for an ombré lip, but to blue N2 a bit. It was OK - not a fail, but it was insufficiently blue for my taste.

Next time, i put on N2 l/s straight, then topped it with Perky lipglass (Taste Temptation coll.). That did the trick. It really brought N2 l/s to pale blue-violet-ness. It did give N2 a rather metallic look, which was fine with me, but may not be to other people's taste. I wore it with a frosty pink and pale violet eye, Unconventional blush on my cheek bones, and Earthshine lightly in the hollow beneath.

I'll be playing around with it more. Once i figure out how to make it the pale blue-violet i was hoping for, then i'll work on the ombré thing. I have lots of plum, purple, and violet lipsticks and glosses, and several plum, purple, and violet lip pencils, so i have plenty of ammunition.

Oceanic Lily

Hi There Ladies of Wickedly Wondrous Great Taste!

I have been gazing from afar for quite some time now -it is THIS viva glam Nicki 2 offering that has prompted me to take the exceedingly intricate leap into the world of high-tech computer wizardry and ....write my first post! Lol!
Simply put- this lipstick transcends the beautifully wrought eloquence that is the best of both Lime Crime’s Airborne Unicorn and Mac’s Lavender Whip! It is sublimely, a PURRRFECTLY pink tinged lilac/lavender that -combined with any of the seemingly never-ending conga line of appropriate lip liners – is lasting and memorable {its amplified creaminess completely subdues the harrowingly tough to cover claret redness of my lips!}
Moreover, the Lipglass is a breakthrough in its glass-like, anti-settling-in-lip-line prettiness!
That my BUs have BUs is a foregone conclusion! This is happiness revealed in an unparalleled extravagance!
cheerleader.gif

Copperhead

I've only tried it with Nightmoth but next time I'm going to try NYX's Prune lip pencil. Revlon's Lilac Pastelle gloss is wonderful on top as I expected it would be.

Copperhead

Try:
Beet
Vino
Purple Rain (NYX)
I don't have Beet or Vino but I kind of tried it with Purple Rain and didn't care much for it. I'm going to try it again though. I've been wanting Vino and I guess I'm going to have to check out Beet as well. I might try it with MAC's Rich Purple chromagraphic pencil too. Lightly though cuz Rich Purple is DEEP.

DILLIGAF

I don't have Beet or Vino but I kind of tried it with Purple Rain and didn't care much for it. I'm going to try it again though. I've been wanting Vino and I guess I'm going to have to check out Beet as well. I might try it with MAC's Rich Purple chromagraphic pencil too. Lightly though cuz Rich Purple is DEEP.
Thanks for the idea. I never even considered Rich Purple chromagraphic pencil.