MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

Mac-Guy

There is definitely no need to apply these wet. In fact, I find that applying these wet is counter productive. They are super creamy, although it takes some skill and practice to apply them, but they look truly stunning.

LOVE Butterfly Party!!!! No issues at all with application. I honestly don't own any colors like these...the shades maybe, but the shimmer, sparkle, whatever makes them different colors. Applied them dry just with my finger and swiped.

Richelle83

They do look stunning! I was a bit surprised because the Smokey Plum set from G&I(my first crushed metal piggie set) looked better wet than dry especially the light violet one. So glad these work like butter!

xasperadastra

LOVE Butterfly Party!!!! No issues at all with application. I honestly don't own any colors like these...the shades maybe, but the shimmer, sparkle, whatever makes them different colors. Applied them dry just with my finger and swiped.

I'm really happy they are a good product!! I'll take them next month when the collection arrives here ^^^^^^

ahoythere

Richelle, those pigments look DIVINE on you!!!!!!!!!!!
Those are the first swatches that have made me want that stack.........and now I want it BAD.
eyelove.gif

Sappheiros

Oh my, they look amazing on you!!
flower.gif

I was worried when I saw allura's swatches and review but since the application is not that difficult they're on my list again, yay!!!

Jamiemikal13

I just received my butterfly dreams and I wanted to ask anyone else who got theirs: were yours abnormally empty? Did Mac increase the price AND reduce the amount they give you since Surf baby?? I mean, mine are less than half full! The good thing about them is that mine had no issues swatching either, but this amount discrepancy really bugs me.

LivestrongH2

I just received my butterfly dreams and I wanted to ask anyone else who got theirs: were yours abnormally empty? Did Mac increase the price AND reduce the amount they give you since Surf baby?? I mean, mine are less than half full! The good thing about them is that mine had no issues swatching either, but this amount discrepancy really bugs me.

I checked temptalia's review on the Vera stack pigments and the surf baby stack pigments. She listed 0.42 oz for the Vera and 0.40 oz for the Surf baby. Half empty sounds odd though. Maybe it settles? Hmm. Not sure. I haven't received my stacks yet in the mail. I am curious now to see.

Mac-Guy

The crushed metals settle quite a bit. I would not worry about it. A little goes a very long way.

liba

The crushed metals settle quite a bit. I would not worry about it. A little goes a very long way.
People were having some issues with the Surf the Ocean stack, where it'd arrive "melted" and looking half empty. I didn't have the problem at the time, but over time, the gold pigment balled up into huge balls, which obviously reduced the volume. At least with the balls, you could get in there with a tool and re-crush them, but I'd think that'd be harder to do with the really flat "melted" situation I saw some pictures of.

If you feel like exchanging it for a fluffier one, MAC will definitely let you. It's either that or a lot of fussing around regrinding the product.

The base medium for the CMPs is a very odd, oily material and I find the best thing to prevent clumping is to make sure you keep them tucked away upright in a drawer or shelf, not bouncing around in a bag, which will "sift" everything into clumps, like the way you make cookie dough.

FStone

I picked up Butterfly Party today - I absolutely cannot wait to play around with them tomorrow! If I can figure out how to post a pic I will try tmr!!!

PixieDancer

Going to go back for FF Pearlmatte due to your stupendous enabling techniques...
My prior order only contained Pearlglides, since I had never tried them before. Ordered Lord it Up, Undercurrent, and Black Swan. It arrives tomorrow.
Have never been a huge fan of CMP, although Aloha is lurking on my Wishlist as a possibility. I LOVE those types of colors and seem to gravitate towards them. So, I am sure I have TONS like it, if not in sparkle and texture, at least in color.

Do PROs have a shipping code? Placed 2 orders recently without one. I know those are rare for the PRO site...

Pixie, what did you end up ordering?

I absolutely adore the face powders.
love.gif

makeupgrrl

Going to go back for FF Pearlmatte due to your stupendous enabling techniques... My prior order only contained Pearlglides, since I had never tried them before.  Ordered Lord it Up, Undercurrent, and Black Swan.  It arrives tomorrow.  Have never been a huge fan of CMP, although Aloha is lurking on my Wishlist as a possibility.  I LOVE those types of colors and seem to gravitate towards them.  So, I am sure I have TONS like it, if not in sparkle and texture, at least in color. Do PROs have a shipping code?  Placed 2 orders recently without one.  I know those are rare for the PRO site...
I want Black Swan as well Designer Purple...I would love to hear what you think of Black Swan.

PixieDancer

Designer Purple looks awesome too! I tried to stick w only 1 "crazy" color (Undercurrent) since these are supposed to be perm now... I can always go back for DP, which is one I won't grab as often.
I will let you know about BS!! I'm excited to try these! Was never too into eyeliner, so I missed out on these before. I usually just stuck to smudging darker shadow on my lashline. I will test it out tomorrow or at least by Thursday...

I want Black Swan as well Designer Purple...I would love to hear what you think of Black Swan.

Knope2012

I got my beloved pearlglides: Undercurrent, Petrol Blue, and Lord it Up. All three are great, though I still think Undercurrent has the prettiest color and staying power. These eyeliners are amazing on me, as they don't fade or smudge nearly as much as other kinds. I'll be going back for the others, but since they are perm now, I'm only going to pick up Industrial soon.

2browneyes

Black swan is one of my faves. I still have 2 backups from the previous limited release. I am looking forward to getting Designer Purple. Still working with my Undercurrent. So happy these are permanent. Undercurrent is only a 20 minute trip away :)

martiangurll

I love Lord it Up, Black Swan, Undercurrent and Blackline. I think Lord It Up is fairly similiar to Bountiful Brown and Blackline is fairly similar to another fluidline, I can't recall which one though. I have not tried Industrial or Designer Purple, so those will soon be mine.

My favorite fluidline is Dark Diversion, but it makes my eyes look red after wearing it all day, must be some type of sensitivity so I am always looking for an eyeliner to duplicate the color without the crackhead pink eye effect.

makeupgrrl

I love Lord it Up, Black Swan, Undercurrent and Blackline.  I think Lord It Up is fairly similiar to Bountiful Brown and Blackline is fairly similar to another fluidline, I can't recall which one though.  I have not tried Industrial or Designer Purple, so those will soon be mine.  My favorite fluidline is Dark Diversion, but it makes my eyes look red after wearing it all day, must be some type of sensitivity so I am always looking for an eyeliner to duplicate the color without the crackhead pink eye effect.
I also want Blackline
Black swan is one of my faves. I still have 2 backups from the previous limited release. I am looking forward to getting Designer Purple. Still working with my Undercurrent. So happy these are permanent. Undercurrent is only a 20 minute trip away :)
I am definitely getting Black Swan now!
^You will love Black Swan!! It is gorgeous and they are permanent so you don't have to rush buy them.
I know so glad there is no rush...I have a feeling I will eventually be getting most of them :)
Designer Purple looks awesome too!  I tried to stick w only 1 "crazy" color (Undercurrent) since these are supposed to be perm now... I can always go back for DP, which is one I won't grab as often. I will let you know about BS!!  I'm excited to try these!  Was never too into eyeliner, so I missed out on these before.  I usually just stuck to smudging darker shadow on my lashline.  I will test it out tomorrow or at least by Thursday... Thanks I would love to see what you think