MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

duckrodeo

Does anyone have a brush suggestion for using the pearlmattes all over? I really love Sunday Afternoon and I want to get the most out of it.

For all-over color I've been using a kabuki brush swirled along the pan then lightly buffed onto my face, or like PrettyKitty said, a more concentrated application and the 109 brush are a good combination!

Knope2012

For all-over color I've been using a kabuki brush swirled along the pan then lightly buffed onto my face, or like PrettyKitty said, a more concentrated application and the 109 brush are a good combination!
Thank you! I think if I swirl it, it'll give a nice look without it being too pink. The pinkest color is dark enough to be a blush on my skin, so I'll have to keep a light hand unless I want to use it that way.

VampOwl

I am loving Sunday Afternoon so much, that I'm thinking about going back for Flower Fantasy. When I swatched the latter,the color seemed fairly dupeable, but the finish is whats lurring me in!

Mac-Guy

I am loving Sunday Afternoon so much, that I'm thinking about going back for Flower Fantasy. When I swatched the latter,the color seemed fairly dupeable, but the finish is whats lurring me in!

Join Team Perlmattes. What I also appreciate about this product - besides the finish and color - is that it is so firmly pressed, it will last a very long time.

Knope2012

I used Sunday Afternoon all over my face today, and it really is beautiful. I like that it isn't shimmery so it gives a different effect than the MSFs. I may go back for Flower Fantasy.

lyseD

I started with Flower Fantasy. Waited six days and bought Sunday Afternoon. I had convinced myself I didn't need both but I was wrong. They are both gorgeous and different.

VampOwl

Join Team Perlmattes. What I also appreciate about this product - besides the finish and color - is that it is so firmly pressed, it will last a very long time.
I started with Flower Fantasy. Waited six days and bought Sunday Afternoon. I had convinced myself I didn't need both but I was wrong. They are both gorgeous and different.

Now I will definitely get Flower Fantasy. You both confirmed my initial thoughts on the pearlmattes, that they are a unique product for a powder so it makes total sense to own both. I feel that they are just in between a beauty powder and an MSF, regarding amount of frost and sheen.

martiangurll

Now I will definitely get Flower Fantasy. You both confirmed my initial thoughts on the pearlmattes, that they are a unique product for a powder so it makes total sense to own both. I feel that they are just in between a beauty powder and an MSF, regarding amount of frost and sheen.

I hope we can see more Pearlmattes in teh future. I like how they are like BP (which is my favorite facial powder, because the finish is so buttery) but has a little more shimmer.

VampOwl

I hope we can see more Pearlmattes in teh future.  I like how they are like BP (which is my favorite facial powder, because the finish is so buttery) but has a little more shimmer.
Exactly, they are like the best of both worlds. Are you liking Sunday Afternoon or Flower Fanasy more?

liba

Who's been using their gorgeous Crushed Metals????

I really love where they've been going. Strawberry Patch and Butterfly Party are both a lot better than the stack I got for the holidays as far as ease of application, and all the colors are pretty much on par with the best colors from the Surf Baby stacks - go on very smooth, very low to no fallout - I haven't even needed to use a base besides my P&P Vibrancy Eye, which is pretty impressive.

I was worried I was going to have too many dupes, especially since I've got the pink stack from the first release, but the colors are richer in Strawberry Patch, if a bit similar, and the application is much better. I've just been using a flat, longer version of the 242 I have from a really old set - no need for doing tricky stuff like applying with my fingers, etc.

Strawberry patch made a gorgeous pink ombre eye mixed over a little Early Bird on the lid, Wholesome winged out for liner, Elude on the face with Subtle Breeze and Runaway Red lined with Nightmoth on the lips.

SweetSarah

I'm absolutely enamored with my Aloha stack. It is so pretty and wonderful. Shifting Sands and Aloha make the loveliest neutral eye.

PixieDancer

Team Pearlmattes is RIGHT! Got my 2nd black box of love from these collections. FF Pearlmatte is the most beautiful blushing sheen on my cheeks. I swirled it all together w my 187 and then used a smaller blush brush to pop the shimmery highlight on my cheekbones... Such a gorgeous and different effect! Was colorful on my NC30/35 cheeks without having that "I'm wearing blush" look. Backing this one up! It's the perfect middle ground between a blush and an MSF. With all the bright lips I've been trying this face powder is the ideal cheek product that doesn't compete for attention. Just glows up my face. Wore it today w a neutral eye, Dark Diversion f/l, and Viva Nicki (w Embrace my l/l)

FStone

Wore it today w a neutral eye, Dark Diversion f/l, and Viva Nicki (w Embrace my l/l)

OMG! I have been trying to stay away from the pearlmattes - fund issues - however, this post has made me SO excited I might just have to go for it!!!!

PixieDancer

OMG! I have been trying to stay away from the pearlmattes - fund issues - however, this post has made me SO excited I might just have to go for it!!!! 
You should really go for it! I'm not one to unjustifiably enable someone... I have to really be excited about a product! I was on the fence about this face powder too. Thought I'd return it if it didn't do anything noticeably different than other blushes & powders. I have to get a BU now... It's THAT unique! You won't miss it if you don't get it, but once you try it... You'll know why it's so special! I am so happy I didn't pass on it.

Knope2012

I tried Industrial on its own, and I can't get it to show up enough without a base. I think tomorrow I'll try it with Blacktrack underneath and wear Sunday Afternoon on the cheeks. I tried Butterfly Dream on its own, and it is pretty that way, but I can't wait to try it over a brighter lip! I think it'll work nicely for my bright pinks that can be a bit much on my fair skin.

MACina

You could try it over Quick Sizzle if you own this listick.
I love this combo
heart.gif

I tried Industrial on its own, and I can't get it to show up enough without a base. I think tomorrow I'll try it with Blacktrack underneath and wear Sunday Afternoon on the cheeks. I tried Butterfly Dream on its own, and it is pretty that way, but I can't wait to try it over a brighter lip! I think it'll work nicely for my bright pinks that can be a bit much on my fair skin.