MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

duckrodeo

I splurged and added Confetti and Butterfly Dream to my cart yesterday along with Wholesome f/l. I wanted On A Holiday, too, but it seems easier to find a sheer sparkly pink lipglass over a sheer purple and a sheer coral. I have Tour De Fabulous and Pink Lemonade, but they're more opaque than the plushglass formula. I can't wait to wear Confetti with Watch Me Simmer and Viva Glam Nicki :)

Knope2012

Oooh that's a good idea! I am wearing Butterfly Dream over Quick Sizzle right now and I love it. It doesn't really tone down the color on me, but it gives a nice effect and the slight plumping is nice too. I may pick up Confetti when I get Color Added, since I have Nicki and I'll have WMS whenever it decides to come back in stock. Butterfly Dream was my first plushglass and I really like it.

I also found a good look for Industrial. Today I wore Electra on the lid with Satellite Dreams in the crease and Nocturnelle in the outer V. I then did blacktrack as a liner and put Industrial over it on the upper lashline with just Industrial by itself as liner on the lower lashline. Then I used Sunday Afternoon as blush and finished with Violetta and Hot House on the lips. It's a pretty blue purple look overall, as Industrial shows up very blue on me.
I splurged and added Confetti and Butterfly Dream to my cart yesterday along with Wholesome f/l. I wanted On A Holiday, too, but it seems easier to find a sheer sparkly pink lipglass over a sheer purple and a sheer coral. I have Tour De Fabulous and Pink Lemonade, but they're more opaque than the plushglass formula. I can't wait to wear Confetti with Watch Me Simmer and Viva Glam Nicki :)

UrbanSweetheart

So far, I'm loving Flower Fantasy! I was afraid that it might be too frosty, but it's actually not. It gives a high sheen finish, which is not at all overwhelming.
pretty.gif
I just ordered this! Can't wait to get my hands on it ^_^
I hope it shows up well on my NC40 skin

BabysOnFire

*Sigh*... I was going to skip (I already have the Pearlglides I want from an earlier release), but now I'm feeling like I need not one but BOTH of the Pearlmattes. Anyone wanna talk me out of it?

... Not likely, here! haha

lyseD

I actually got talked into both and am happy I did. You won't regret them -- they are so gorgeous.
*Sigh*... I was going to skip (I already have the Pearlglides I want from an earlier release), but now I'm feeling like I need not one but BOTH of the Pearlmattes. Anyone wanna talk me out of it?

LMD84

i need to keep saying to myself that i do not need any of the plushglass glosses... they don't have much colour and the jacked up price isn't worth it.... but they look so freaking pretty in the tube! :p

UrbanSweetheart

I was gonna skip them both too...until I saw swatches and read all the rave reviews here :p

Michiru

Sunday Afternoon is the only thing I picked up from this collection. It looked pretty cool in the pan so I really didn't think I'd like it more than Flower Fantasy. It was a nice surprise though! I've been wearing it all week and getting tons of compliments :)

I really wanted to grab Flower Fantasy as well, but even on my NC25 skin, it barely showed up for some reason. Looked like more of a highlighter...which I don't need more of. Totally fine by me though...I just put that money towards grabbing another Sunday Afternoon. >:)

liba

i need to keep saying to myself that i do not need any of the plushglass glosses... they don't have much colour and the jacked up price isn't worth it.... but they look so freaking pretty in the tube! :p
I've been using mine a ton - they've got good pigmentation, but like cremesheen glasses, they don't photograph as well as they look in person. I think the pink and purple (and the coral too, which I didn't get) are all the perfect way to wear a bright lip this spring if you don't want the mega-neon look.

singer82

I'm loving the Butterfly Party stack! Using them wet over shadows gives a glow to the lids. The colors are right up my alley!

Shellcat

Some of you asked a few pages back about pressing the crushed metal pigments. I finally got a chance to do mine and wanted to share. They came out VERY well, and just used 91% alcohol with the pigments to press.

First row: Aloha
Second row: Strawberry Patch
Third row: Butterfly Party
Fourth row: Surf The Ocean ( Even that melted, balled up gold pressed well) LOL!!!

Top right two rows: 4 Jardin Aires(to finish my jar)
Bottom right 4: Summer Stash

Baby1black

Wow that is great. I need to learn how to do that. Are u finding application easier with them pressed. I defiantly need to press that golden glob from STO.

PixieDancer

Wow! That looks so nice and neat! I'm wondering about the application as well?? Do they apply better/easier after pressing?
Thanks for sharing!!

Some of you asked a few pages back about pressing the crushed metal pigments. I finally got a chance to do mine and wanted to share. They came out VERY well, and just used 91% alcohol with the pigments to press.

Fourth row: Surf The Ocean ( Even that melted, balled up gold pressed well) LOL!!!

princess sarah

ooo thankyou for sharing the crushed pigments... definately interested in hearing about colour pay off and seeing swatches on these

Shellcat

Yes, the application is MUCH easier in pressed form for me. They do swatch the same as they do pressed vs. in the pot.
I see no difference, but I took some fast swatches tonight for you gals.

Top left: Strawberry Patch

Top right: Butterfly Party

Bottom left: The Gold GLOB from Surf The Ocean and Jardin Aires

Bottom right: Aloha

Prettypackages

so pretty!!!

StyleBlack

ooo thanks for posting!
th_hug.gif
What did you use to press them down? and how much product was left over after pressing?