MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

Mac-Guy

What brush do you use with the pearlmatte? I've just got the Sunday one and can't seem to get any colour payoff from it except with my fingers

These type of products (pearlmattes, ED, TC) do not tolerate finger swatches very well. You probably have an (invisible) film of oil and sweat on the surface, which results in poor color payoff. Scrape of the top layer to get it working again. Don't double-dip or use your finger. I would use a soft brush like the 168.

rockin

These type of products (pearlmattes, ED, TC) do not tolerate finger swatches very well. You probably have an (invisible) film of oil and sweat on the surface, which results in poor color payoff. Scrape of the top layer to get it working again. Don't double-dip or use your finger. I would use a soft brush like the 168.

I swatched a tiny, fingertip sized area of each colour area with my fingers and got colour. I tried brushes (clean) on a larger area and whilst I got 'some' colour on the brush, I couldn't see anything on my face. There was no double-dipping or anything of that nature. It's a brand new pearlmatte I just got from House Of Fraser, so there should be no film on the surface.

I have a brand new 168 somewhere, in fact I was looking for it earlier. I'll have to give that a try when I find it.

Mac-Guy

I swatched a tiny, fingertip sized area of each colour area with my fingers and got colour. I tried brushes (clean) on a larger area and whilst I got 'some' colour on the brush, I couldn't see anything on my face. There was no double-dipping or anything of that nature. It's a brand new pearlmatte I just got from House Of Fraser, so there should be no film on the surface.

I have a brand new 168 somewhere, in fact I was looking for it earlier. I'll have to give that a try when I find it.

What's your complexion? I'm NW15-20 and both p/m show up quite well. I prefer to wear them as an all-over sheen-only, but I can build them to a medium dark color if I want to do so.

rockin

What's your complexion? I'm NW15-20 and both p/m show up quite well. I prefer to wear them as an all-over sheen-only, but I can build them to a medium dark color if I want to do so.

I'm not quite sure, but Studio Fix NW15 is too dark for me. Face And Body N1 seems to be about right

I can't get matched at a counter because there are none anywhere near me

Mac-Guy

I'm not quite sure, but Studio Fix NW15 is too dark for me. Face And Body N1 seems to be about right

I can't get matched at a counter because there are none anywhere near me

Then it should definitely show up. I also use N1 during the winter time.

If you don't get the p/m to work, scrape off the top layer, this should solve the issue.

rockin

If you don't get the p/m to work, scrape off the top layer, this should solve the issue.

Thanks for the advice.

I was very surprised it didn't show up, especially since some of the very pale beauty powders show up nicely. The pearlmatte does seem to have a very smooth surface, though, so maybe that is the issue

martiangurll

I agree with this. Maybe you got a dud. I am pretty fair (about NC20) and they both are quite visible for me--I use a blush brush from Bare Escentuals. I am really careful not to double dip or get sweat or oil on these as it does change the finish. BTW, I really love these powders. I am thinking of getting a BU of Flower Fantasy. That and Designer Purple pearlglide are my most used products from this collection.

PixieDancer

I too BU'ed FF! It is beautiful as a blush and overall sheen! I never tried SA, but I'm thinking of snagging it next time I place an online order, if it's still available. Just LOVE the texture and appearance of these p/m.

rockin, did you figure out your p/m issues? It really does sound like you have a dud on your hands...
Try the 109 brush if you have it. That's what I use with FF and it allows me to grab the larger color to use as blush. Then, I turn it on its side and grab the outer layer to highlight.
I really hope it works out for you! The p/m was my fav product from this collection and has become my go-to even now with all the new collections!

What brush do you use with the pearlmatte? I've just got the Sunday one and can't seem to get any colour payoff from it except with my fingers

Audrey C

I didn't buy Crew from HS because it just looked too cold for my skintone. I was considering FF from this collection instead; is everyone still loving this product? Thanks!

FadBurger

Do you wear it as blush, a highlighter or as all over face powder?
Thank you both. I'll see if it's still in stock in store; it's available online but I try to give the MAC store near work my business when I can.
I wear it as a blush, but I am NC10 so I think unless I am very careful it'd make my face look weird all over.

Good luck getting it :)

Pinkdollface

Do you wear it as blush, a highlighter or as all over face powder?
Thank you both. I'll see if it's still in stock in store; it's available online but I try to give the MAC store near work my business when I can.
I can use it as a blush, but if you're darker it would be nice as a highlight as well.

Audrey C

I think I could wear it as a blush, particularly in the summer. I have enough natural colour in my cheeks that this would just enhance it slightly and add sheen. Thank you both again - it's still available so I shouldn't have any trouble getting it.

peachsuns

I love Sunday Afternoon so much! I've been wearing it as blush. The combo of pink and soft sheen is gorgeous! I'm glad I got it.
eyelove.gif

Audrey C

I ordered FF online today - it's out of stock at both the nearby counter and MAC store. I think it will be a great sheer blush for hot summer days when I don't want to fuss with foundation and powder. Thanks for the feedback!
bouquet.gif

PixieDancer

I ordered FF online today - it's out of stock at both the nearby counter and MAC store. I think it will be a great sheer blush for hot summer days when I don't want to fuss with foundation and powder. Thanks for the feedback!
bouquet.gif
You will LOVE it! I travel with it all the time, as it is such a great multi-tasker for me! On my NC30/35 skin, I can use the main FF color as a blush. The outer rim as a highlight. And swirled all together... It's the most lovely sheen all over the face! I even got a BU of FF!! ENJOY!!