MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

princess sarah

Im going to skip the pigment stacks I think with these unless when I see swatches they scream my name. I love pearlglides and definately want to grab Black Swan and Black Line

Mac-Guy

Aloha, Aloha for me!
th_DANCE.gif

martiangurll

Does anybody have the Pearlmatte from Lillyland? Wasn't it poor in terms of pigmentation & are we hopeful these will be better? I imagine them flying off the shelves because of the cool design, and they do look pretty, but do we think they will be worthless as face products. These are the items I am actually most curious about.

Mac-Guy

Does anybody have the Pearlmatte from Lillyland? Wasn't it poor in terms of pigmentation & are we hopeful these will be better? I imagine them flying off the shelves because of the cool design, and they do look pretty, but do we think they will be worthless as face products. These are the items I am actually most curious about.

I hope that the design of the actual products will be a bit more intricate than the one on the promo pictures. MAC should have the technology, especially as the design in Art of Powder collection was much more detailed. Fingers crossed!

martiangurll

I hope that the design of the actual products will be a bit more intricate than the one on the promo pictures. MAC should have the technology, especially as the design in Art of Powder collection was much more detailed. Fingers crossed!

Well, I would think that when the eyeshadows from Jeanius, the blushes from Quite Cute, and the Street Art stuff did not completely sell out, MAC product development would get a clue that just because you put a cute design on it, unless the product is useable, it isn't going to sell bananas like Marine Life & My Paradise did. Both of those were gorgeous designs, and I am betting there are many folks who bought for the design and did not use it, but most of us actually use our make up! (That being said, I still have my pristine, intact Marine Life) I do hope you are right and the technology on these Pearlmatte powders is better, the color themes look like they could work on a variety of complexions.

MRV

Well, I would think that when the eyeshadows from Jeanius, the blushes from Quite Cute, and the Street Art stuff did not completely sell out, MAC product development would get a clue that just because you put a cute design on it, unless the product is useable, it isn't going to sell bananas like Marine Life & My Paradise did. Both of those were gorgeous designs, and I am betting there are many folks who bought for the design and did not use it, but most of us actually use our make up! (That being said, I still have my pristine, intact Marine Life) I do hope you are right and the technology on these Pearlmatte powders is better, the color themes look like they could work on a variety of complexions.
Me too! On the contrary, I don't like the design on Vera's face powder. It's the angle I have issues with.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I hadn't even noticed this collection! Thanks for the info. The only thing that really interests me is the Butterfly Party pigment set. Those shades are really nice. I've never caved and bought one of these, but I might have to here. My only concern is that they're awfully frosty, which doesn't look great on my lids.

liba

The design they're using is classic Vera the way it is, though. The angle is a reference to the Vera scarves - you would see the logo right there where you see it on the powders - near the edge but inside the multicolored, banded border. The most famous Vera pieces from the 60's were always very simple and graphic - even a bit simpler than what is being used for the promo picture, which is more like 50's or very early 60's Vera. For people who are familiar with the line, these powders will bring back a lot of instant memories - that's why I recognized who it when we only had one picture from an unnamed collection. If you're new to Vera, I think it's a nice change of pace from some of the more complicated ones, like Art of Powder.

I wish I had some pictures of my mother wearing her dresses!

LMD84

this collection looks fabulous! i love all the glosses and the metal pigments look so pretty :)

Prettypackages

very easy skip for me, I can't wear crushed metals on my face. I am on the fence with pearlglide liners. Plush glasses are pretty but don't last on me.

Sappheiros

Oh my, I love this collection!!! I think I'm gonna skip a lot from S3/C3 and focus on this one
pompom.gif

My list for now:
one or two of the Crushed Metallic pigments (I like the most Aloha and Butterfly Party)
Designer Purple pearlglide
Petrol Blue pearlglide
Black Swan pearlglide
Load it up pearlglide
Playday nail polish
On a holiday plushglass (maybe)
Butterfly dream plushglass (maybe)

2browneyes

I saw the MUA at my local store stocking this collection yesterday. I was so upset that the MUA that usually lets me peek was coming in as I was leaving. Didn't have time to wait around and really didn't wanna put her on the spot. Can't wait for pearglides! I may have to wear Undercurrent tomorrow to celebrate :) I'll be backing it up x a million in a few wks so.... lol

DILLIGAF

I love love love Undercurrent pearlglide. I rarely do back ups of things but I think I will make an exception for this. Now my sister can stop eyeballing my liner. She can get her own. I was able to get Industrial and Black Swan at a CCOs last year. Petrol Blue is calling me so I may grab that as well. I'm not a fan of MAC polishes but they do great colors every once in a while that cannot be ignored. Play Day is lovely and would look stunning on my complexion. I can't wait!
Oh by the way I'm one of those people that can put what ever on my eyes and hardly anything bothers them. The one time I wore Undercurrent on my waterline my eyes watered like Niagara Falls. So now I use Minted eye khol on my waterline and place Undercurrent right under it in my lower lashes.

Latest posts