MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

jillybean

I'm wondering why the influx of the Crushed Metal pigments. For awhile, it was nothing and now it seems that there's a ton of these coming out. I like them and all but I remember hearing people complain during G&I as they wanted their pigments vs the crushed metal. I hope they don't over do this and mix it up a little bit. That said, the colors are gorgeous!

ahoythere

I think more people need to get STOKED about Industrial Pearlglide as it is one of the coolest duochrome liners I have ever used!!! It is basically a periwinkle/pewter/pink color that flashes wildly different colors depending on the light. I guess that would make it more of a triochrome... Anyway, it is my favorite lower lash line color to use, especially with neutral taupe looks to brighten everything up. It is GORGEOUS.

I am also really interested in the violet and the hot pink with blue pearl plushglass.....I am ready to pounce on all and any cool toned lip products that come out this spring!

I love that they are doing this collection with Vera as I have had many a Vera scarf come in and out of my vintage collection through the years (I think I am down to one at this point, but it is a good one!), perhaps I will wear it to the release of the collection to see if any of the MAs even notice.....

VeXedPiNk

I think more people need to get STOKED about Industrial Pearlglide as it is one of the coolest duochrome liners I have ever used!!! It is basically a periwinkle/pewter/pink color that flashes wildly different colors depending on the light. I guess that would make it more of a triochrome... Anyway, it is my favorite lower lash line color to use, especially with neutral taupe looks to brighten everything up. It is GORGEOUS.

Here I was, telling myself that I could overlook this collection. But then you give that mouth-watering description!!!!! I might have to break down and get an Industrial Pearlglide.

I have such a bad habit of buying nifty coloured eyeliners - and then never wearing them. Err. Now I'm torn on what to do!

MACina

Can you tell me if the texture of these is the same as the stacks from Surf Baby Collection?

I love the ones from Surf Baby....for me they have the best texture of all Crushed Metallic Pigments MAC has released so far.
And I hope that the ones from Vera have such a nice texture too.

i have the aloha stack and confetti plush glass. i love the plush glass it so pretty!

powderprincess

I was really hoping they would bring back Molassas pearlglide liner. I am using my backup because I misplaced my original with 1/3 left. How does Lord it Up compare to Molassas?

ahoythere

Lord it up is lighter and more bronze vs Molasses which is def a darker brown.

I was really hoping they would bring back Molassas pearlglide liner. I am using my backup because I misplaced my original with 1/3 left. How does Lord it Up compare to Molassas?

VeXedPiNk

While we're on the topic of comparisons, I rummaged through my eyeliners and found some that look similar to the Pearlglides. Would someone be able to tell me if these colours are close?

I'm thinking that MAC's So There Jade might be similar to Undercurrent, Victoria Secret's Aqua Sequin might be similar to Industrial... or Petrol Blue, and Victoria Secret's Lilac Flash might be similar to Designer Purple.

Any input is appreciated - like I said above, I have a bad habit of getting coloured eyeliners and not using them. So.... basically I'm trying to justify to myself that I already have similar colours hahaha!!

singer82

That Butterfly stack has all the colors I LOVE to wear! If only it was a Veluxe Pearl quad, that would have been heavan. I cant believe its coming out the same day as S3/c3! ahhh

LMD84

i think i will end up spending more on this collection than on shop shop shop at this rate... i want so much!

ahoythere

All the pearlglides are much more vibrant. Undercurrent is a MUCH brighter teal and has a reflective glow, Industrial is a very complex combo of blue/grey/pink that flashes like an oil slick, and designer purple is a much deeper and richer purple with purpley-pink sparkles. Pearlglides really are special, especially if you like bright and shiny colorful eyeliners, they are a MUST! Also their staying power is pretty amazing, and that is coming from a lady who cannot keep many liners on her eyes for more than a few hours.

While we're on the topic of comparisons, I rummaged through my eyeliners and found some that look similar to the Pearlglides. Would someone be able to tell me if these colours are close?

I'm thinking that MAC's So There Jade might be similar to Undercurrent, Victoria Secret's Aqua Sequin might be similar to Industrial... or Petrol Blue, and Victoria Secret's Lilac Flash might be similar to Designer Purple.

Any input is appreciated - like I said above, I have a bad habit of getting coloured eyeliners and not using them. So.... basically I'm trying to justify to myself that I already have similar colours hahaha!!

VeXedPiNk

Thank you so much!! Your descriptions are so helpful! I'm still thinking I will get Industrial because it sounds so amazing.

Good to know they have great staying power too. I hate liner that goes all smudgy after a while, and regardless of what I do - most go smudgy. I must say though, after I took my picture and went to wash the liners off my hand, it took a lot of work to get So There Jade off. It barely budged with my makeup remover!

cocolicouss

This collection is all about the pearliglides for me they are my favorite and I will most probably get all but 2 and I have a few of the colors from before but will need back-ups :)

romi79_2008

If I have tons of shades form Urban decay 24/7 do I need the pearlglides? are they better? I `m gravitating toward undercurrent because it`s a shade i don`t have in my stash.

Knope2012

I can't wait for the pearlglides! I bought Undercurrent in Christmas of 2010 and only recently started using it in the past few months. It is gorgeous and will probably end up being my first ever backup product. I want at least four of these eyeliners, and I am leaning towards getting them all. They truly are stunning, and Undercurrent wears better than any other MAC liners I've tried.

lyseD

I've never tried the pearlglide liners and I have very sensitive eyes.

Does anyone find them flaky at all? I've had liners with glitter/sparkle before and if one speck gets in my eye it's a waterfall. So not worth it.

gracie90

I have 5 pearlglides that I picked up on various trips to my local CCO and I love them! Only 4 are in this collection, but I swatched them all anyway
heart2.gif

From left to right:
Industrial, Rave, Undercurrent, Black Swan, Black Line