MAC x Vera Neumann Discussion

MACcrazy

If you like Rave, I would recommend picking up petrol blue. While I don't have the two to compare, so anyone who does correct me if I'm wrong, they seem pretty similar in color, so it could be a dupe for it. Also you just made me want Industrial even more!
I have 5 pearlglides that I picked up on various trips to my local CCO and I love them! Only 4 are in this collection, but I swatched them all anyway
heart2.gif

From left to right:
Industrial, Rave, Undercurrent, Black Swan, Black Line

gracie90

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACcrazy
If you like Rave, I would recommend picking up petrol blue. While I don't have the two to compare, so anyone who does correct me if I'm wrong, they seem pretty similar in color, so it could be a dupe for it. Also you just made me want Industrial even more!

My mum has Petrol Blue and it's a super pretty dark sparkly blue :D

sosdrielle

I've never tried the pearlglide liners and I have very sensitive eyes.

Does anyone find them flaky at all? I've had liners with glitter/sparkle before and if one speck gets in my eye it's a waterfall. So not worth it.

I think a few people have had problems with these, with glitter migrating into the eye and whatnot. I am a contact lens wearer and have sensitive eyes, every second mascara I try irritates my eyes. Personally, I don't have a problem wearing these, except when I try to remove them. The glitter chunks seem to go everywhere then and I have to be careful not to get it in my eyes. Some of the colours are spectacular though, so I would give one a try.

lyseD

I think a few people have had problems with these, with glitter migrating into the eye and whatnot. I am a contact lens wearer and have sensitive eyes, every second mascara I try irritates my eyes. Personally, I don't have a problem wearing these, except when I try to remove them. The glitter chunks seem to go everywhere then and I have to be careful not to get it in my eyes. Some of the colours are spectacular though, so I would give one a try.
Thanks sosdrielle, I think I will

purplerinne

My MUA just confirmed that these pearlglides will be perm. Apparently I was texting her while she was at update. Perfect timing! haha

GlamQueen21

YAY!!! I now don't have to rush to back up Designer Purple, Black Swan and Undercurrent!! I can just snatch up Butterfly Party Crushed Metallic Pigment Stack!!

Leeny

My MUA just confirmed that these pearlglides will be perm. Apparently I was texting her while she was at update. Perfect timing! haha
Yay! Undercurrent is my favourite eyeliner ever! I've wanted to wear it everyday since I got it and even though I bought many backups I've been rationing it for night's out only. Thanks for letting us know. :)

MAChostage

For general wear, I agree with you. Some of the pearlglides are really pretty, though, and are worth having, even if you prefer the UD pencils like me, IMO.

I have barely used my pigment stacks from the summer collection, so I will pass on those as well.
I guess that I am in the minority, but I like UD pencils better than the pearlglides.

princess sarah

I have both and I really like both. I prefer pearglides for my top lash line and UD 24/7 for my lower lash lines. Works heaps better and stops irritation
I have 5 pearlglides that I picked up on various trips to my local CCO and I love them! Only 4 are in this collection, but I swatched them all anyway
heart2.gif

From left to right:
Industrial, Rave, Undercurrent, Black Swan, Black Line

s_lost

Rave is very similar to Designer Purple, whereas Petrol Blue is closer to Fly by Blu :)

Pearlglides are probably my favorite products from MAC, I really love them. Black Line is gorgeous! Industrial too, but on me it turns out a pale blue, very different from the swatch above.

missah

Rave is very similar to Designer Purple, whereas Petrol Blue is closer to Fly by Blu :)

Pearlglides are probably my favorite products from MAC, I really love them. Black Line is gorgeous! Industrial too, but on me it turns out a pale blue, very different from the swatch above.
That kinda changes my mind about getting it. I have UD Electric 24/7 which looks similar to that swatch and I havent used it yet><"
Well... there goes my paycheck:p
-Undercurrent
-Designer Purple
-Black Swan
-Industrial
- Butterfly Party Crushed metallic pigment stack
-and maybe Petrol Blue
in Bold are definites=D

Oh and Temptalia said they were LE... ><" the Pearlglides

singer82

Omg the butterfly party stack looks amazing in that pic! Man, this collection is gorgeous, but I cant wear half the things in it. I wish I could wear the plushglasses, they look so pretty. The pink polish looks way lighter than I thought. I'll probably only end up getting the butterfly stack and maybe a pearlmatte. But its ok, more money for S3/C3

Anyone wondering about pearlglides, they are so amazing! But if you have sensitive eyes be careful. I'd suggest trying/swatching them first. I bought 4 of them with the art supplies collection and ended up having to give them all away. I fell in love with them, but unfortunately they made my eye lids swell up something horrible. At first I thought it was something else so I kept using them. I finally realized it was because of the pearlglides. I loved them so much that even after I knew they were the cause I still tried to use them. So I tried using it very lightly. Unfortunately my eyes swelled up again. So I'd def test/swatch them if you have sensitive eyes. But of course its different for everyone. They are SO worth trying though.