Make-up don'ts that you do!

I got this idea from tfs and thought it would be fun. What are the common make-up no-no's, myths and faux pas that you love to break.

- I use concealer on my lips, whenever I curl my eyelashes it is always after I have put mascara on and I if I am too tired I'll go to sleep in my make-up.

Have fun!

BonnieBabe<3

i fall asleep with makeup on SOMETIMES.. yup
true.gif

It's rare when i do but when those times DO come its usually when i'm wearing little makeup.. if i know i took extra time on my makeup in the morning, i'll mos def wash even if i'm already half asleep lol

I dont wash my brushes as often as i should.. except for my liquid foundation brushes (one time i went 2 n a half days without washing it
whistle.gif
)

i know bacteria grows.. i didnt seem to have the time! lol

NYDoll88

I LOVE clumpy eyelashes. I mean, not clumped all together. But huge, thick, lashes with at least 10 or more coats on them.

I also abuse my eyelash curler. I curl before mascara, after the first 5 coats, and after the next 5 coats. Plus I curl throughout the day. My eyelashes are going to fall out!

I think that's pretty much it...I'm definately a lash girl.

mindlessgapgirl

if i am really tired, i'll go to sleep with my makeup on...and then the next morning my eyes are crusted together with mascara, and i'm starting to break out...so i tell myself i won't ever do it again...hahah til the next time i'm exhausted and lazy
smiles.gif

S.S.BlackOrchid

I wear very dark lips in the daytime, and I wear them with smokey eyes.
And I contour (I don't wear blush on the apples of my cheeks).

nashoba95

sleepy.gif
sleepy.gif
yep i sleep with my makeup on but then i do get off at 6am so i am pretty darn tired when i walk thru the door at 7am. i have tons of makeup on my pillowcase, which is stained there.
sleepy.gif
bleh oh well.

gatsby

I wear BRIGHT lips in the daytime, or whenever else I feel like it
smiles.gif

And yeah... I've gone to sleep in my makeup before. It really doesn't happen often though, mascara smears are a bitch to get out of white pillowcases :p

amoona

I wear all black smokey eyes with dark lips or red lips.
I was also told not to always line my eyes with black khol liner, but I do every single day.
I USED to wear frost colors in my crease - no more though.

bjorne_again

i don't follow the trends for makeup, and if i do inadvertantly, i always end up doing stuff closer to the runway version than the real life version like they compare in magazines. I hate the soft eyes strong lips or strong eyes soft looks rule and do whatever i feel like. Play up every feature i got! i don't follow the near-set eyes emphasize the outter lid rule. I go all out wild every time. I wear obviously nighttime makeup in the day, lots of shimmer, every colour of the rainbow on my blue eyes, glitter, line my inner rim, and way too much colour on my face. i'm addicted to it and proud. and my gloss is too thick and i love it. =) f!&$ rules =)

mollythedolly

I'll go far too long without doing my nails. It's been about 2 weeks now, all I have is a tiny dot in the middle of a few nails. Yes, it really is that bad.

Babylard

hahaha this is a funny thread.. i do many of these things tooo...

1.nails... i paint them and neglect them... my toes still have hot pink nail polish from 2 months ago.

2.i love clumpy lashes too!

3.on the rare occasion, i pass out with makeup on

4.i dont care about daytime/nighttime looks... i'll wear whatever glitters, sparkles, neons during the daytime if i want to

5.my eye makeup doesnt always match my outfit. i sometimes wear blue eyes with a pink shirt or something that really clashes

6.i don't throw out my makeup nearly as much as i should.. i have blush from 6 years ago and it is still quite usable... i dont see where it went bad
greengrin.gif

7.i tug on my eyes when removing makeup

8.im very unsanitary with my tub of vaseline. i dip my fingers and wipes and things in it... its a big tub too....

MACa6325xi

1. I don't throw out my mascara after three months.

2. I don't throw out makeup after a year or two. My Studiofix powder is from the year 2000 (I know I should be ashamed). I have some MAC pressed powder from the 90's.

smellyocheese

- I sleep with my make up on when I'm exhausted and lazy
- I rarely clean my brushes; ick
- I'm lazy to pluck stray eyebrows as soon as they pop out
- I tug my eye all over the place when I'm putting on liners and removing make-up; I'm gonna pay for this
- I almost always have pale lips due to laziness to touch-up colour all the time
- I don't throw out any of my make-up that can still be used and is not itching on my face. My pure essentials pressed powder is about 6 years old.

msmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxydoll
Not really make up, but I pluck my brows from the top and bottom.

I do this too!

yes.gif