Make-up don'ts that you do!

RaynelleM

I don't wash my brushes as often as I should.
I sometimes fall asleep with make-up on but then I'll wake up in the middle of the night and wash it off ... lol but that's only bc I wake up and remember my contacts are still in.
I wear bright colours in the daytime.
I match my eyeshadow to my tops ... sometimes ... but only when I'm in a rush. (omg I just had a flashback to a few years ago when I wore a neon green sweater w/ matching earrings and bitter on my lids eek!! ... what a sight I must have been!!)
I don't throw away old make-up (except mascara), even make-up I no longer use. I have drawer full of old eyeshadows and lipsticks. And I still use eyeshadows that I bought in 2004 ... no way I'm tossing my chrome yellow when it's not even close to being done!!
I wear clear gloss all the time, over lipsticks and lipglosses, (haha that's like 3 layers) ... I like my lips shiny even tho matte lips are supposed to be in style now.
oh and I line my waterline everyday whether or not I wear anything on my lids.

Ha, I'm glad people are replying. This isn't really I don't but I don't own lip-gloss of any sort, I know most people love it but in-fact hate I lip-gloss. *hides*

ginger9

1) I don't wear mascara everyday. I love mascara but I am too lazy so I will do a full face and just curl my lashes. My lashes are black, so it doesn't look bad but with mascara on my eyes are noticably bigger
tong.gif

2) I don't do the crease thing. I think it's the shape of my almond shaped asian eyes...it's just not flattering on me.

3) A comb hardly ever touches my hair.

4) I dread going to the salon. My hair is TOO LONG - touching my waistline. I have a phobia due to a history of horrible experiences.

5) I don't do my brows. I started to shape within the last year or two but I don't fill them.

6) I adore colourful e/s but I always chicken out for going out.

7) I don't follow expiry dates. I just do the smell and texture test.

8) I stear clear of facials. I think they are damaging for my skin. I also don't like to over-cleanse. I think it bad for the PH balance of the face. BUT I am religious about moisturizing!

sleepyhead

for some reason, i'm "mentally incapable" of going to bed with my make up on. if i am too tired to wash my face, i just end up sitting there for hours resenting the urge to go to bed immediately. and usually end up falling asleep sitting down, but technically, i never go to bed with make up on

i always forget to use mascaras
i never remember to reapply lipsticks after eatting
i pick on my acne even when i'm wearing foundation
i don't take my clothings into consideration when applying makeup

mariecinder

Sometimes I sleep in my make up...but its BE so it should be okay right?! lol
I curl my lashes after mascara
Sometimes I'll match my make up to my clothes.
I keep mascara for too long
I don't wash my brushes often enough
I wear bright lips in the daytime (I recently rocked Girl About Town on a Sunday afternoon mall trip lol)

Um...I think that's about all.

twilightessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDoll88
I LOVE clumpy eyelashes. I mean, not clumped all together. But huge, thick, lashes with at least 10 or more coats on them.

I also abuse my eyelash curler. I curl before mascara, after the first 5 coats, and after the next 5 coats. Plus I curl throughout the day. My eyelashes are going to fall out!

I think that's pretty much it...I'm definately a lash girl.

My friend told me that when she was in high school she did that. Put on lots of mascara and curled her lashes through out the day. One day she curled them and she basically cut them off. They were so dry from the mascara they broke off and they never grew back, she has to wear false ones everyday now... I refuse to curl my lashes after hearing that story LOL.

I'm sure I do a lot of make up don'ts LOL. I literally just started wearing make up last year so
tong.gif
. I do go to sleep with my make up a lot, usually naps. I probably don't wash my brushes as often as I should and probably a million other things. Oh, the new thing apparently is I wear Paint Pot under my lipstick LOL. But hey, it made it stay longer
ssad.gif
. And as long as I don't get a reaction from it why not?

Dahlia_Rayn

Let's see...

* I refuse to throw out my makeup until it's icky, with the exception of mascara, eye infections are the gross.
*I don't wear foundation, only under-eye concealer. Mostly it's because every foundation/tinted moisturizer or concealer I've tried makes me break out.
*I keep my nailpolishes forever and ever and ever.
*I pick my zits!!!
*I let my nieces play with my makeup sometimes...I'll never use it all.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Kalico

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilightessence
My friend told me that when she was in high school she did that. Put on lots of mascara and curled her lashes through out the day. One day she curled them and she basically cut them off. They were so dry from the mascara they broke off and they never grew back, she has to wear false ones everyday now... I refuse to curl my lashes after hearing that story LOL

OMG, that is scary! I think I'll stop doing that now...

aziajs

Hmmm...

I go to sleep in my makeup up once in a while

I match my shadow or lip color to my outfit

I wear dark liner with light lip color

I don't wash my brushes religiously

I don't moisturize at night after I take off my makeup

I don't follow the expiration dates except for mascara

I curl my lashes only after I have applied mascara

Kuuipo

I don't moisturize under makeup. Moisturizer doesn't prevent wrinkles, and if my skin is not dry there's more of a chance that it will clog pores. I use a heavy layer of primer, and the thinnest layer of foundation. I don't buy all the old wives tales......

I love a big, glossy lip or a really bold matte lip- and I'm over 45.

I don't think black eyeliner and lashes are da bomb. (They are severe and aging)

I don't follow the trends.

I mix cosmetic lines. I may have Sally Hansen gloss over a Chanel lipstick.

I don't like to blend. I had ten years of fine arts college-very few of the great painters blended anything-they made decisive stokes.

I don't contour my face.

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabird
i sleep in my make-up, curl my lashes and put on as much mascara as i want, share my make-up with my friends and i don't wash my brushes as often as i should. i also stick my fingers in all my make-up, especially lip products. i like wearing concealer lips and lots of eyeliner.

and i haven't died yet, got any infections or had anything bad happen to me at all. i think it's all a bit overhyped.

I don't think it's overhyped .I think its far too underhyped! The herpes zoster virus can live on lipgloss or lipstick-inactive since its a virus-till it is appled to a new person's lips. Viruses use your DNA or RNA to replicate. Once you receive herpes, its yours forever.
People also can get staph and strep infections from sharing makeup. Also, if you throw your brushes and makeup in the same case in your purse, the brushes get loaded with the bacteria from the outside of the case. If you put your powder on the restroom sink top , what if it falls on the floor. It's like wiping the floor against your face from the public toilet room, not to mention that a toilet can aerate bacteria a distance of 25 feet. Why play Russian Roulette with hygeine. Bo one with pink eye, staph or herpes is attractive.

newagetomatoz

~I sleep in my makeup, and sometimes if I'm rreealllyy lazy, I just reapply concealer and touch up the shadow and mascara and out the door I go!

~I don't wash brushes as often as I should

~I pluck my eyebrows any- and everywhere

~I wear whatever look I feel like anywhere--be it to school, church, the mall, day, night

~I love to literally match my makeup to my outfit

~I have makeup was past the expiration date

~I pick at my zits and bite my nails (not at once)

~I don't change the pad on my eyelash curler as often as I should

~Sometimes in a hurry, I apply my makeup direct from the container with my finger

~I wear a kinda-heavy foundation everyday

~Once in a great while I skip on the suncreen and settle for my SPF15 moisturizer

~I paint my nails about every two weeks--unless I forget!

This thread makes me feel so much better!! I'm not the only one who these things!!

foomph

-I put on foundation with my fingers. I've tried brushes and sponges. I like sponges, but i can wash my hands right before i put on foundation and it's less wasteful and clean! Brushes just never really work for me.

-I wear frosts in my crease. Apparently that's a no-no? I read it above somewhere...

-I wear a lot of waterproof mascara (almost daily)

aaj83

-i don't wear mascara everytime i leave

- i never fill in my brows...hmm..come to think of it...i don't touch them at all..
tong.gif

- i don't use foundation at all

- sometimes i use my fingers to apply e/s...and always use my fingers to apply concealers...but i make sure to wash my hands before using them..
smiles.gif

- i sometimes forget to wash my brushes...i hardly washed them...BUT..i just got the brush cleaner from mac..LOVE IT...now whenever i use my brushes i just spray the cleaner on my brush and wipe the brushes properly on a tissue..all clean and nice..
smiles.gif

- i try to pop my zits sometimes..(ya i know..eewww)

- i am constantly picking at my face...scratching off flaky skin i think i have..:-/

- i tug at my eyes when applying liner and taking off eye-makeup.. (sigh...i am trying to be a lil gentle now..after reading about the wrinkles..
ssad.gif
..)

- i hardly wear sunscreen before leaving the house...trying to get rid of that habit as well

- i don't throw products away until they have a weird smell or texture to it....

MY GOD..I HAVE A LOOONG LIST..!! :-(

jennybabey

I curl my lashes after mascara, every freaking day. lmao.
i line my inner rims, and love glittery lip gloss.
i don't throw out lip gloss, blush etc. if it still works, it works!

pumpkincat210

The two main things i can think of are
- I use my mascara after the 3 month period
- sometimes I match my eyeshadow to my clothes, but hey it looks good when done right!

The good things are i wash my brushes alot and never share my makeup with anyone.

Ang9000

I line my inner rims
I don't throw my mascara out till it's dried up (or anything else for that matter)
I don't curl my lashes
I dont clean my brushes as often as I should
I wear whatever makeup I feel like regardless of where I'm going, sometimes I wear nothing!
I rarely paint my nails, they're always breaking anyways
I often have bare lips because I cant be bothered to reapply gloss or lipstick & whenever I wear it, my daughter wants constant kisses!
I pick my spots

But in my defence, I never share my makeup or sleep with it on unless Im VERY drunk & even then I wake up in the middle of the night & have to take it off or I cant get back to sleep

Lissah

I don't change/wash my compact puff as often as I should. I wash my brushes regularly but I actually prefer my blush brush after a few days of not washing it. I've shared my makeup with my sister. I dab a Qtip on my toungue to clean up a mascara smear near my eyes. Ive used lipbalm on my eyelids. When I have a cold, I'll apply blistex or other cheap balm to my nose and the area below it because I blow constantly. I do throw it out after the cold though.
Not really MU related but I used to wear my extended wear contacts for months at a time. I was supposed to dispose after a week. Now as I've gotten older my eyes are dryer and I remove my extended wear as soon as I get home. I can't even nap with them in because my eyes sort of open (not because of the contacts) as I sleep and I wake up with them literally dried onto my eye.

-moonflower-

I don't wash my brushes as often as I should.
I let my friends use my makeup, and I use theirs. But not lip products, cos I'm prone to coldsores.
I keep products for longer than I should.
I still use a mascara I bought last summer.
I don't follow day/night make up rules, I always wear bright/glittery/dark smoky eyes during the day.
I sometimes go to bed without taking off my make up.
I have never owned a concealor. I keep meaning to buy one though, I have baad under eye circles.
I wear waaay to much blusher. And I don't just put it on the apples of my cheeks, I often bring it up to my temples. I love it though.
I usually apply foundation with my fingers. I find I get a more natural finish than with brushes.
I normally don't bother filling in my eyebrows, unless I've plucked them into a weird shape. I tend to rub my eyebrows a lot.
I don't wear sunscreen often enough.
I put eyeshadows on my waterline.
I still use nail varnish I bought ten years ago.
I love glittery lip gloss.
I never curl my lashes.

Gosh that's a long list.

mocha_queen

I use too much of bright pink blush when i go for the smokey eyes look and I dont even blend the blush in well.