Make Up For Ever Hd Makeup on WOC

Blushbaby

Re: Make Up For Ever Hd Makeup

I bought shade #177 today aswell as #70 in Mat Velvet. I'm a MUFE convert! I can't go back to MAC foundations now.

I didn't get the HD powder after that thread I did on Silica powder on black skin a couple of mths ago though. I think it's a waste of money.

MAHALO

I got matched at Sephora. I think the MA was colorblind. The match was much too dark. It looked awful! MUFE HD 177 looked like chocolate mud on me.

Because of all of the good things I read about this foundation, I'm going to try again. I'm a NW43 in MAC Select and MAC MSF. Can anyone suggest a shade for my skintone that is lighter than HD 177.

wonderdust

OMG I really want this foundation it sounds too good to be true. Now I just need to find somewhere that stocks it in the UK.....
th_dunno.gif

Ange1

Hello!! I really think I'm going to get mufe hd in 170 or 173. Anyone have pictures wearing either shade foundation? Thx in advance!

cocoaluv

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHALO
I got matched at Sephora. I think the MA was colorblind. The match was much too dark. It looked awful! MUFE HD 177 looked like chocolate mud on me.

Because of all of the good things I read about this foundation, I'm going to try again. I'm a NW43 in MAC Select and MAC MSF. Can anyone suggest a shade for my skintone that is lighter than HD 177.

I had the same experience. My mom told me my face was way darker than neck and I looked weird. So I went to another sephora and a MA there told me that I am a 173 and not a 177....big difference. I think the original MA just picked up some dark color and told me it would work.
thmbdn.gif
I'm going to trade in my 177 for a 173 tomorrow and I cant wait.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaluv
I had the same experience. My mom told me my face was way darker than neck and I looked weird. So I went to another sephora and a MA there told me that I am a 173 and not a 177....big difference. I think the original MA just picked up some dark color and told me it would work.
thmbdn.gif
I'm going to trade in my 177 for a 173 tomorrow and I cant wait.

I really don't understand what is wrong with those MAs at Sephora! Perhaps it's that stupid lighting...This random SA was following me around and when I stopped at the MUFE HD display she decided to tell me that I was 177--mind you I did not ask for her assistance at all, I just wanted to swatch and move on to the next brand, browsing etc. Anyhoo, if I wore mac Studio fix it would be like C7 ish and I looked at her, laughed and was like
nonono.gif
. I told her I was around 173ish and she was like "Huh...really? You think so?"
th_dunno.gif
She then proceeded to come towards me like as if I would let her swatch the 177 on me, and I ran away so fast
lol.gif

Almond_Eyed

I got a sample from Sephora, and I love it! Looks awesome in pictures =)

My shade is #123, which is perfect for my olive undertones. (I usually describe myself as an NC30 but it tends to be too yellow for me).

Mind you, I have normal to dry skin, also eczema prone. I use WAY less concealer now because the foundation does a good job of covering up most of my blemishes. I set it with BE Mineral Veil and it doesn't look cakey or move throughout the day =)

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by braidey
Have You Tried Make Up For Ever's High Defination Makeup? I Have Heard Lots Of Good Reviews About It But None From Woc, So Are You Going To Buy In The Hype And Try It?

Thank you so much for opening the subject : being a Mac snob, i recently decided to try other brands of cosmetics as well.
I am a NC50 and, according to reliable persons on this forum I should be foundation ref HD175 with MUFE;
I logged on their website one hour ago, I did not see one picture of a black woman in their 'photo section'. I felt frustrated because I could not 'evaluate' their art- so to speak-
So, i join your request on this forum.
I also plan to go to their counter this week G-d willing.

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilchocolatema
I LOVE it! I'm an NC50, so I wear number 175 in this foundation.

Lil, I read on a Shephora consumers reviews that the white powder was turning ashy ? What can you say as an advice ?

Also, i am MAC NC50 like you, could you make me a list of the basics i'd need? primer? foundation (173?) , loose or pressed powder, eye shadows (3 of them) and 1 blush ?
Are you in ?

Vixxan

I'm NC50 my MUFE HD foundation was matched to #178 at Sephora. I purchased #177 and it looks good too but neither are a perfect match for me. The HD power will turn white if you use too much. It great at controlling oil but applying without it turning white takes a little work.
Swatches: The Glam Shack: Foundation - Swatch Request

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatRosier
Hello ladies,

Can anyone help me find my shade? the MAs in Sephora here are ..hmm how do you say it nicely? CRAP?

They're forever matching me to super light foundations and making me look like the undead. I'm NC 43/43.5. I know you can't give me the exact shade , I was looking to narrow it down to 2 or 3 shades to try. The 173 sounds about right to me..what do you guys think?

hI KateRosier! Did you go at la Boetie in Paris?
I may have s/o who could help you if she's available. She works in theatre.

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
I'm NC50 my MUFE HD foundation was matched to #178 at Sephora. I purchased #177 and it looks good too but neither are a perfect match for me. The HD power will turn white if you use too much. It great at controlling oil but applying without it turning white takes a little work.
Swatches: The Glam Shack: Foundation - Swatch Request

Vixxan, thank you for the swatches site ! It's awsowe!

Hannaleh

Vixxan, i read your blog with pleasure.
Here's a quote :
'My MAC foundation color is NC50 for Graftobian I'm wearing Midnight Marigold and if I have had a lot of sun I usually wear Burnt Amber. Each palette comes with 5 shades I use Midnight Marigold and Burnt Amber I use the other shades on the palette for highlighting and contouring. I discovered that I prefer to use this foundation for contouring and highlighting opposed to using powders.

I am very intersted by your expertise, so if you were willing to im me, I would be more than happy.
Keep up the good work
Hannah

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannaleh
Thank you so much for opening the subject : being a Mac snob, i recently decided to try other brands of cosmetics as well.
I am a NC50 and, according to reliable persons on this forum I should be foundation ref HD175 with MUFE;
I logged on their website one hour ago, I did not see one picture of a black woman in their 'photo section'. I felt frustrated because I could not 'evaluate' their art- so to speak-

I'm an NC50 at MAC and a 177 in MUFE. The HD foundation is beautiful!

Tavia

Hello girls,
I've been using HD foundation 170 for about 3 weeks now and I have to say I'm not pleased with it. I will make a review soon on my blog, but I expected a lot more from this product. I have an oily type of skin and although I'm using MUFE All Mat matifying primer (which is great, you care read the review here) the foundation fades away in a couple of hours. My face doesn't feel heavy but it doesn't cover so well. If I have any breakouts or pimples they will be visible even after I apply the foundation.

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannaleh

Try this link. ::: Make Up For Ever :::
I think it's a better link for color matching purposes. I'm a NC50 in Studio Sculpt, which I guess should really be NC55. I think I'm either 175 or 178 in the MUFE HD. I'll be going back to Sephora this week to make my final decision. If anyone has any suggestions based on my profile pic please suggest away.
winks.gif

iadorepretty

I've heard so many great things about this foundation so I decided to give it a try. I already use the Mat Velvet+ which I like, but everyone raves about the HD.

I went to Sephora today and was matched to #170 and was given a sample to try. I'll probably use it tomorrow and I'll let you guys know what I think.

lenchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadorepretty
I've heard so many great things about this foundation so I decided to give it a try. I already use the Mat Velvet+ which I like, but everyone raves about the HD.

I went to Sephora today and was matched to #170 and was given a sample to try. I'll probably use it tomorrow and I'll let you guys know what I think.

great! let us know your thoughts on it.