Make Up For Ever Hd Makeup on WOC

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
I love to test product to see if they actually do what they say they do. So far none of the foundations that I have tried have lasted more than 16 hours. I have tested them with fix plus, different primers, no primers and none of them have lasted for 24 hours. For me the reason that they probably don't last that long is that I have oily skin. I'm going to be testing different foundation and using milk of magnesia as a base to see if that helps. Also, I remember doing a brief test of staying power between MUFE HD and MAC Studio Fix Fluid and I recall that MAC lasted longer. I will re-do the test and let you know the results.

That was always my problem too but Double Wear seems to last forever and doesn't make me oily. I've been able to wipe off blush without it budging my foundation. Changing my skincare routine helped a lot though. But that was just me. I don't think anybodies search for the perfect foundation ever ends. lol. I was in Sephora earlier and put 175 on my hand and it seemed a bit red and dark. But I didn't put it on my face. When I wore it - it was perfect though so who knows what changed. Maybe I just needed to try it on my face?

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystrill
That was always my problem too but Double Wear seems to last forever and doesn't make me oily. I've been able to wipe off blush without it budging my foundation. Changing my skincare routine helped a lot though. But that was just me. I don't think anybodies search for the perfect foundation ever ends. lol. I was in Sephora earlier and put 175 on my hand and it seemed a bit red and dark. But I didn't put it on my face. When I wore it - it was perfect though so who knows what changed. Maybe I just needed to try it on my face?

I am so tempted to try the Double Wear. It would be nice to have a foundation that looks good and last for a long time. I'm really tempted.

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystrill

You sure you didn't pick up 178 by mistake? That one looked red to me compared to 175. They looked nearly the same in the bottle side by side. The employee @ Sephora thought so too.

j4lyphe

I'm an NW45 in MAC and tried the MUFE HD 175 and that was way too light/ashy for me. They matched me with 178 which was better, it matched the inside of my face perfectly but on the peripherals that too looked ashy so...the 180 is a bit darker than my complexion but it works...Also in the Mat Velvet +, which I actually own, I wear #80 which also is a bit darker than my complexion but it works better for my oily skin. I just wish they had a colour in between #75 and #80 in the Mat Velvet +...HTH since obviously not all NW45s are gonna match with the HD 175, that seems REALLY light to me maybe more of an NW43/NC50...

Mandy4610

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4lyphe
I'm an NW45 in MAC and tried the MUFE HD 175 and that was way too light/ashy for me. They matched me with 178 which was better, it matched the inside of my face perfectly but on the peripherals that too looked ashy so...the 180 is a bit darker than my complexion but it works...Also in the Mat Velvet +, which I actually own, I wear #80 which also is a bit darker than my complexion but it works better for my oily skin. I just wish they had a colour in between #75 and #80 in the Mat Velvet +...HTH since obviously not all NW45s are gonna match with the HD 175, that seems REALLY light to me maybe more of an NW43/NC50...

I am with you on this one. I am NW47 in SFF, 178 in MUFE HD and I am currently using #80 in Mat Velvet which is a bit too dark. #75 is way too light, so I too wish there was something between 75 and 80. May have to buy two shades in the future
angry.gif

Also, I am using the HD in the winter and the MV in the summer so maybe 80 will be ok when my skin is darker in the summer.

Hannaleh

Vixxan, I will buy the DoubleWear make up powder tomorrow G-d willing,and I'll let you know how it worked for me.
MUFE 177 & MAC studio fix fluid NC50 are perfect match for me.
I once tried Black up, but it turned slightly ashy after less than one hour.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannaleh
Vixxan, I will buy the DoubleWear make up powder tomorrow G-d willing,and I'll let you know how it worked for me.
MUFE 177 & MAC studio fix fluid NC50 are perfect match for me.
I once tried Black up, but it turned slightly ashy after less than one hour.

That would be nice I can't wait. I really want to get a good powder foundation.

AnjaNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4lyphe

I totaly agree. I got MUFE HD 180 and Matte Velvet #80 and I wear NW 45 in MAC.

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirl3121
You sure you didn't pick up 178 by mistake? That one looked red to me compared to 175. They looked nearly the same in the bottle side by side. The employee @ Sephora thought so too.

Positive. Not sure they even had 178. I tried on 175 and 177. 177 was wayyy too dark and 175 seemed so... off. But when I use to wear it, it looked fine, like in that picture I posted. So who knows. I think had I put it on my face it might have matched. But I think my face is lighter than my hand so it might have been too dark. No clue. But in the past two months I think my skin color got a little bit lighter though so that could be the solution to my problem.

Mochahantas

Hi All,

I normally don't post pics, so these will be down in a matter of day, but I hope this helps someone.

I'm usually in between MAC NC50/NW43/NC45...I haven't figured it out yet. :/ Any takers, PUHLEASE PM me.

Anyway, I wear the MUFE 175 in the summer (perfect!), however, it looks like someone put chocolate on my face during the winter. The 173 was too yellow/light, but for some reason I match great with the 170. I have a dark neck (this is what not putting on sunscreen on your neck for years will do
cry.gif
) so I mix a *tad* bit of the 175 with the 170 for my neck and jawline. I use the 170 on the middle portion of my face *PERFECT*. Quote:

Here I am with the MUFE.
[[removed]]

These will go poof in a few days.
sneaky.gif

Hannaleh

Quote:

Vixxan, hi! I had the infortunate surprise to discover that it was impossible to find a shade above medium at EL in Paris!
Tomorrow I will make a few calls to some stores to sort it out.
If I can't find my shade in France, I will have to order online G-d willing.
I'll keep you posted.

Hannaleh

Quote:

Vixxan, hi! I had the infortunate surprise to discover that it was impossible to find a shade above medium at EL in Paris!
I'll keep you posted.

Vixxan

Quote:
I'll keep you posted.

Hi Hannaleh

Thanks for remembering. I'm still working on the foundation test. I have to do it over because I discovered a flaw in my method of testing. It should be complete in a few days.

Hannaleh

Quote:
Hi Hannaleh

Thanks for remembering. I'm still working on the foundation test. I have to do it over because I discovered a flaw in my method of testing. It should be complete in a few days.

I'll be happy to know all about it from method to results when you are done.
I am still working on getting a good powder foundation.
If I can't find EL (above Auburn, that's the deepest the stores I went to have so far), I think I will buy the MUFE powder foundation.
Anyways, good luck for everything

Vixxan

Quote:
I'll be happy to know all about it from method to results when you are done.
I am still working on getting a good powder foundation.
If I can't find EL (above Auburn, that's the deepest the stores I went to have so far), I think I will buy the MUFE powder foundation.
Anyways, good luck for everything

I'm trying to purchase MUFE face and body foundation. Do you have this one and if so what color?

I'm NC50 and MUFE 177 what color MUFE face and body would match me?

Thanks

Hannaleh

Quote:
I'm trying to purchase MUFE face and body foundation. Do you have this one and if so what color?

Thanks

hello Vixxan,
Fist thing first, my internet modem has been down for four days now, so I am using internet from my mobile.
I apologize if I did not answered a question or for any delay.

Now, I use MAC face & body foundation in C9 on my decollete which is a 3 inches area down from the neck to the rest of the body.
This is this part of the decollete that us, Orthodox Jewish ladies, leave uncovered.
The C9 is a bit darker than the shade that would have mathched the NC50 because my skin is a bit darker around the base of the neck.
I won't buy MUFE because as you can see 3 inhes is not a large area.
I wish I could have helped.
The covered area is quite yellow, but never being exposed.
Be well

Hannaleh

Quote:

Thanks

hello Vixxan,
Fist thing first, my internet modem has been down for four days now, so I am using internet from my mobile.
I apologize if I did not answer a question or for any delay.

Now, I use MAC face & body foundation in N9 on my decollete which is a 3 inches area down from the neck to the rest of the body.
This is this part of the decollete that us, Orthodox Jewish ladies, leave uncovered.
The N9 is a bit darker than the shade that would have mathched the NC50 because my skin is a bit darker around the base of the neck.
I won't buy MUFE because as you can see 3 inhes is not a large area.
I wish I could have helped.
The covered area is quite yellow, but never being exposed.
Be well

Hannaleh

Quote:

Thanks

Correction: I wrote C9 instead of N9

I use N9 MAC face and body foundation, only down around the neck

Hannaleh

Quote:

Thanks

Correction: I wrote C9 instead of N9

I use N9 MAC face and body foundation, only down around the neck