Make Up For Ever Hd Makeup on WOC

Hannaleh

Re: Make Up For Ever Hd Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplegloss9
okay...yup imma give this a try..y'all are just raving about this thing so I know its gotta be good! I'm an NC50 so it looks like I should be trying out #175.....im attacking the counter today!!
yahoo.gif

Thanks ladies! I'll let u know how it goes.....it better give me that Diva look..hahaha
th_LMAO.gif

Hahahahaha !!! Very funny !!!!!!!! I love the way you expressed the urge !

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
I'm NC50 my MUFE HD foundation was matched to #178 at Sephora. I purchased #177 and it looks good too but neither are a perfect match for me. The HD power will turn white if you use too much. It great at controlling oil but applying without it turning white takes a little work.
Swatches: The Glam Shack: Foundation - Swatch Request

Vixxan, many thanks! You were 100% right about the above (NC50/177/ definitely not the translucide HD powder but the 36/ primer 0).
I went to the MUFE store and I am now all set with 'all the basics'.

iadorepretty

Okay, I tried the HD foundation yesterday and am wearing it again today. I was matched at Spehora to #170. It was a perfect match, but the problem I had yesterday was shine...I have really oily skin. Today I set it with MAC's Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. We'll see how well this works....

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleybubbles83
any NW50 girls use this product? whats the MUFE HD equivalent???

Not sure the HD, but I believe in Mat Velvet you would be 80/180.

I'm NC50 in MAC and wear 175 in MUFE HD. I use to love it when I wore it. Here' a picture of me with it on, along with the HD powder:

2970415529_1f0cd70c5b_m.jpg

I currently use Estee Lauder DoubleWear in Rich Cocoa. I lovvve it. But looking at this picture, I might switch back to HD. It was definitely "lighter" than EL but gave me the same coverage. However, EL stays on ALLLL day.

iadorepretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadorepretty
Okay, I tried the HD foundation yesterday and am wearing it again today. I was matched at Spehora to #170. It was a perfect match, but the problem I had yesterday was shine...I have really oily skin. Today I set it with MAC's Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder. We'll see how well this works....

Alright, the verdict is in. Using the MAC Prep+Prime Transparent FInishing Powder definitely helped. I think I might just go ahead and drop down the $ & get this foundation.

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystrill
Not sure the HD, but I believe in Mat Velvet you would be 80/180.

I'm NC50 in MAC and wear 175 in MUFE HD. I use to love it when I wore it. Here' a picture of me with it on, along with the HD powder:

2970415529_1f0cd70c5b_m.jpg

I currently use Estee Lauder DoubleWear in Rich Cocoa. I lovvve it. But looking at this picture, I might switch back to HD. It was definitely "lighter" than EL but gave me the same coverage. However, EL stays on ALLLL day.

Crystill, what type of foundation is DoubleWear (sorry- i can't save minutes to look it out now, my nightshift ended & i'll go teaching in a few..) ; powder, liquid? I didn't know Estee Lauder was carrying wide range complexion products under her name as opposed to that of her other brands.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannaleh
Vixxan, many thanks! You were 100% right about the above (NC50/177/ definitely not the translucide HD powder but the 36/ primer 0).
I went to the MUFE store and I am now all set with 'all the basics'.

Awesome!!! What color foundation did you get?

Hannaleh

Quote:
Awesome!!! What color foundation did you get?

I got the 177 foundation.

If I may, I will ask you how to keep my make-up & eyelashes on 48 hours straight , in special circumstances of course.
For example, I was on call at hospital last night, had to teach a few hours in the afternoon, then will be back to hospital on call until friday 8 am.

I read from a post this morning that Estee Lauder had a very effective long stay foundation.

In the same time, I am thinking that maybe the most important in such cases would be the first layer of make-up , and then, having it straightened up with a blot?
It surely be another thread or a topic for private msg.
Thanks again.

crystrill

Quote:
Crystill, what type of foundation is DoubleWear (sorry- i can't save minutes to look it out now, my nightshift ended & i'll go teaching in a few..) ; powder, liquid? I didn't know Estee Lauder was carrying wide range complexion products under her name as opposed to that of her other brands.

They have it in liquid and powder form. I usually use the liquid but the powder is really nice too! It goes on silky smooth. I prefer it over MAC studio fix. and yeah EL makes a lot of colors.

Hannaleh

Quote:
They have it in liquid and powder form. I usually use the liquid but the powder is really nice too! It goes on silky smooth. I prefer it over MAC studio fix. and yeah EL makes a lot of colors.

Thanks!! Just so i may have an idea if the Sephora personel does not know, for the powder form if i am NC50 what is it in EL ?

crystrill

Quote:
Thanks!! Just so i may have an idea if the Sephora personel does not know, for the powder form if i am NC50 what is it in EL ?

you would be around rich cocoa or truffle. they go by names. i think they have numbers on it as well but i dont know it.

babycoconut

I bought MUFE HD foundation in 173. The color match was perfect, its just the foundation itself make me look greasy ( I think its the stuff that supposed to make you look dewy thats not agreeing with me) But other than that its a good product.

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgirl3121
Try this link. ::: Make Up For Ever :::
I think it's a better link for color matching purposes. I'm a NC50 in Studio Sculpt, which I guess should really be NC55. I think I'm either 175 or 178 in the MUFE HD. I'll be going back to Sephora this week to make my final decision. If anyone has any suggestions based on my profile pic please suggest away.
winks.gif

Update: 178 was a tad too dark. 178 and 175 look identical in the bottle but when swatched 178 is a bit darker. I got the 175 with my beauty insider gc and paid $27.
th_DANCE.gif
My complexion is very similar to Erin of Scandalous Beauty and she wears 175 so it should be fine.

lenchen

Quote:

If I may, I will ask you how to keep my make-up & eyelashes on 48 hours straight , in special circumstances of course.
For example, I was on call at hospital last night, had to teach a few hours in the afternoon, then will be back to hospital on call until friday 8 am.

I read from a post this morning that Estee Lauder had a very effective long stay foundation.

In the same time, I am thinking that maybe the most important in such cases would be the first layer of make-up , and then, having it straightened up with a blot?
Thanks again.

That's great! you got the 177 foundation, have you used it since you bought it?

Hannaleh

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenchen
That's great! you got the 177 foundation, have you used it since you bought it?

As a matter of fact, i did try it.
A word of the context to make you understand why i'm chasing good foundations, long lasting :
I'm Jewish Orthodox and on the shabbath we are not allowed to do make up. It has to be done BEFORE if you want to have make up on during the shabbes.

So, friday afternoon before the candle lighting, i put my MUFE 177 + POWDER HD on, i also used the MAC soft sparkle black pencil -great ! -
I applied Model in a Bottle for the eyebrows.
I sprayed with Model in a Bottle at the end of all of it.

I came back from my rabbi where i was spending shabbes, just two hours ago.
My make up was still great : except for the lipstick= gone , the cheeks= less less blush, my contour was fading away.
But the foundation work was there !

I also have to say that to keep all this in good state, i slept on my back, and i gently wiped my face in the morning.

Hannaleh

Quote:
you would be around rich cocoa or truffle. they go by names. i think they have numbers on it as well but i dont know it.

Thanks! I will have a look at it.

Vixxan

Quote:

Thanks again.

I love to test product to see if they actually do what they say they do. So far none of the foundations that I have tried have lasted more than 16 hours. I have tested them with fix plus, different primers, no primers and none of them have lasted for 24 hours. For me the reason that they probably don't last that long is that I have oily skin. I'm going to be testing different foundation and using milk of magnesia as a base to see if that helps. Also, I remember doing a brief test of staying power between MUFE HD and MAC Studio Fix Fluid and I recall that MAC lasted longer. I will re-do the test and let you know the results.

Hannaleh

Quote:
I love to test product to see if they actually do what they say they do. So far none of the foundations that I have tried have lasted more than 16 hours. I have tested them with fix plus, different primers, no primers and none of them have lasted for 24 hours. For me the reason that they probably don't last that long is that I have oily skin. I'm going to be testing different foundation and using milk of magnesia as a base to see if that helps. Also, I remember doing a brief test of staying power between MUFE HD and MAC Studio Fix Fluid and I recall that MAC lasted longer. I will re-do the test and let you know the results.

Are you saying that Estee Lauder was disqualified from the start, or that you have not tested this foundation yet? I'm not sure

Vixxan

Quote:
Are you saying that Estee Lauder was disqualified from the start, or that you have not tested this foundation yet? I'm not sure

I haven't tried the Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation. I have tried the Estee Lauder Double Matte foundation. This one has very nice coverage and it lasted for a fair amount of time but the color was really off. The color (warm chestnut) was almost a burnt red looking color. It didn't look good on me at all because of the color. I was going to test the MAC and MUFE because I know you already have those.

Hannaleh

Quote:
I haven't tried the Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation. I have tried the Estee Lauder Double Matte foundation. This one has very nice coverage and it lasted for a fair amount of time but the color was really off. The color (warm chestnut) was almost a burnt red looking color. It didn't look good on me at all because of the color. I was going to test the MAC and MUFE because I know you already have those.

Right - And i do love MAC & MUFE foundations
About Estee Lauder DoubleWear foundation powder (not the Matte), i was suggested Rich cocoa ou Truffle earlier.
Maybe these shades would fit you