Make Up For Ever Hd Makeup on WOC

bambibrneyes

ok, i've read all reviews about MUFE and i went to purchase some but the mua wasnt sure of the right foundation for me....please help me. I am NW45.

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambibrneyes
ok, i've read all reviews about MUFE and i went to purchase some but the mua wasnt sure of the right foundation for me....please help me. I am NW45.

Probably 178, I use 180 but I am closer to NW47....

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannaleh
Vixxan, hi! I had the infortunate surprise to discover that it was impossible to find a shade above medium at EL in Paris!
Tomorrow I will make a few calls to some stores to sort it out.
If I can't find my shade in France, I will have to order online G-d willing.
I'll keep you posted.

that sucks
ssad.gif

here's a pic i took earlier today at work wearing EL double wear foundation. oh and i work at a cco which explains all the EL crap in the back.

4193737395_9a0f290b3c.jpg

trust me, my face is no where NEAR this even toned and clear. lol. but MUFE HD is really nice too. i love them both!

Islandcutie

I wear a NW50 in Mac and i picked up a 180 in MUFE HD this summer and it was a bit off. So i tried the 188 and it was too dark. So i kept my 180, but since its become a bit cooler, Ive tried my 180 once again and its pretty much perfect! Love it!

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystrill
that sucks
ssad.gif

here's a pic i took earlier today at work wearing EL double wear foundation. oh and i work at a cco which explains all the EL crap in the back.

trust me, my face is no where NEAR this even toned and clear. lol. but MUFE HD is really nice too. i love them both!

You are so pretty and your foundation looks perfect. I'm looking at the foundation on Estee Lauder's website. Truffle looks really red. Do you know if it has more red than rich cocoa?

Thanks

Hannaleh

Quote:
that sucks
ssad.gif

Wow! You are beautiful! The make up job is beautiful!
When my home internet is fixed, I'll try to decide which one of the 3 shades I match.
You're right MUFE is good: holds well, lasts long...

Hahahaha for the 'crap there is in it'
Thanks for the help.
I wish I can acquire the EL (mu powder) the sooner possible.

Hannaleh

Quote:
that sucks
ssad.gif

Wow! You are beautiful! The make up job is beautiful!
When my home internet is fixed, I'll try to decide which one of the 3 shades I match.
You're right MUFE is good: holds well, lasts long...

Hahahaha for the 'crap there is in it'
Thanks for the help.
I wish I can acquire the EL (mu powder) the sooner possible.

macgirl3121

Quote:
Originally Posted by bambibrneyes

I'm a NW45 in SFF, NC50 in Studio Sculpt, NW45 in Studio Finish Concealer. I have 175 in the MUFE HD. 178 was a tad too dark. Sephora will give you samples of both to try.

crystrill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixxan
You are so pretty and your foundation looks perfect. I'm looking at the foundation on Estee Lauder's website. Truffle looks really red. Do you know if it has more red than rich cocoa?

Thanks

i think i own truffle as well so i'll swatch it later and post pics.

naijapretty

MUFE HD foundation does look like skin, it may lack in some yellow shades, but I use the flash colour in Yellow to compensate. However, steer clear of the HD powder, it's really tricky. I'd recommend Ben Nye loose powders instead as they are warm and have no grey undertone in them ( I liked MAC Blot powder but that has some grey)

joygasm

I noticed that when I stepped into the MAC store with MUFE HD foundation that it really did hold up under the harsh lighting. That's when I fell In love <3
I am an NC42, and I use MUFE HD #123

joygasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by naijapretty
MUFE HD foundation does look like skin, it may lack in some yellow shades, but I use the flash colour in Yellow to compensate. However, steer clear of the HD powder, it's really tricky. I'd recommend Ben Nye loose powders instead as they are warm and have no grey undertone in them ( I liked MAC Blot powder but that has some grey)

So what do you use to set it? The Ben Nye?
Because I don't have any loose setting powder
ssad.gif

Do you think MSF will work?

Hannaleh

Quote:
i think i own truffle as well so i'll swatch it later and post pics.

Thanks, that would be great!

DaniCakes

I don't normally wear liquid foundation, but I love Make Up Forever HD. I was matched at Sephora this week and I am a 173. I usually war Mac StudioFix Powder in C7. I guess I'm going to purchase it tomorrow. Will post pics. FYI I applied it with Make Up Forever's Kabuki Brush. It's to die for. So soft and sturdy. A must have ladies!!!

La flaca

Re: Make Up For Ever Hd Makeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
ok today I went to get matched by a Make up Artist at sephora (smashbox rep was there and matched me) she...she gave me a make over w/ #153 which is

153 Golden Honey
(for medium skin with olive undertones)
Item # 1097039 and its a perfect match...

I was sooooooo off! w/ the #170 lol and #155

Just for reference, What shade are you on MAC's foundation?

DaniCakes

Here's a pic of me wearing MUFE Hd #173. THis is the first time I've used liquid foundation and now I've been converted thanks to MUFE. I'm not sure about the white powder. It scares me. I did buy the nylon kabuki brush. Loves it! I bought the Mac 187 brush and I love how the foundation goes on. Try it!

myzleelee

ok ladies im so ready for the hd foundation! i currently wear studio sculpt in nw47-mineralize satin finish nw45, does anyone know which shade i should try? sephora's swatches doesn't help me much.....TIA

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by myzleelee
ok ladies im so ready for the hd foundation! i currently wear studio sculpt in nw47-mineralize satin finish nw45, does anyone know which shade i should try? sephora's swatches doesn't help me much.....TIA

Most likely 178.

jazmatazz

Hi all,

MUFE HD looks amazing and flawless and definitely gives that 'my skin but better' look in pics but please test it on a small area first so you don't have to go through what I did. I wore it and it and I must be allergic to the silicone and got HUGE bumps on my face one of which seriously looked like a welt. It was shocking, I put it on that day and by evening time that happened. It was the only new product I used that day.

I returned it so fast. I'm bummed about it because like I said flawless coverage, nice feel and looks great in pics! But not for everyone so I would recommend testing it first or if you know you are allergic to silicone in some makeup products (ex Smashbox photofinish), this might not be HG for you.

For reference I am a NC43 and wore 153 which was the closest match I could find.

Latest posts