Makeup We Once Wore...

MACForME

Hi Everyone..

We were talking about this at work recently.. Some of us brought up some makeup that we wore in junior high or high school, or brands long discontinued, but at the time, we thought so cool..

I can't remember the name, but there are a few things that come to mind...

1- There was a brand, drugstore of course, that sold round pans that you could mix and match, they made one color called Tiger Lily, it was a bright orange, and i loved it..

2- I think it was Aziza that made it, but it was one shadow, in a rectangular shaped compact, it looked like it was 3 different colors, broken up and mashed together, the idea, if i remember was with one swipe, you got lid, crease and highlight all at once.. The brownish one had white particles, blue and brown.. it almost reminds me of mica...

3- I loved Haalsa and Ginza shampoos.. does anyone remember those?

4- Good old Max Factor PanCake Makeup in a stick! Whoa!! Thats a long time ago!

5- Those big fat bright Bonne' Bell lipbalms, lip balms that came in the small tins with the sliding lids..and of course, the ever favorite, ever sticky came in a glass roll on.. Kissing Potion!

What do you remember?

malaviKat

I pretty much wore Cover Girl everything in high school. I'd probably still be wearing cover girl now if a) I hadn't tried to run away from animal testing/animal cruelty and b) they hadn't changed my foundation shade.

I wore (and still wear) Lipsmackers lip gloss. :p

jmgjwd

there was a brand called 'Stagelight' in the 80's I'd only see at Macy's that had the most awesome bright colors...anyone remember this one?

Woolworths also sold these pigments called 'luv bug' (which I still save for nostalgia but don't use) in the little twist jars that you now get Mac samples in

I remember Haalsa and also Silkience (sp?), Gee, your hair smells terrific, Aquanet and Aerolaq hairsprays and when Balsam conditioner

They still make the lip balms with the tins (have forgotten the name but saw an advertisement for them in an article about "older" makeup) They had flavors like sour apple and watermelon

euphrosyne_rose

There used to be a brand my best friend and I liked when I was in 8th grade or so at Albertson's grocery store. She lived less than a block away and we'd hit Albertson's almost every Friday night for hours looking at the makeup and if we had money, we'd buy stuff and hide it b/c we weren't supposed to be wearing any yet.

The one brand I liked alot that I don't see now was called (I think) Clarion. They had alot of pretty colors and I remember getting this one e/s that was a pale pale green and it had a gray with it. I also got this teal blue e/l and I absolutely loved it. I ended up getting that e/l in gray and a grayish blue too.

I also remember of course wearing Cover Girl and I had a school dance where I wore this really pretty silvery blue silk top with a black skirt and my mom came home from work and presented me with this matching shimmery e/s from Cover Girl. Sterling Blue I think it was called and up until a few years ago, I used to still see that same color at the store. I was in LOVE with that color. It was my first "official" e/s since she didn't know about the others I had hidden! Good times!

choozen1ne

I was big into nail polish in hight school(10 years later and not much changed ) - i hadevery color that Revlon Street Wear line made - its was a lot like the orignal Urban Decay and Hard Candy colors like camo greens and odd shades or purple
I didn't wear much make up until after high school but I have my nails freshly painted almost every day - i still do that today

n_c

In high school I used to wear this really dark lipstick from Wet n Wild. Actually, all the girls did
lol.gif

cocodivatime

In the 90s I used to wear bright red Wet and Wild lipstick. it was so bright that it becaome my signature look. If i didnt have it on people thought i was sick or something was wrong. ha ha

I also used to neon orange Fashion Fair lipstick. yucky. What was I thinking.

choozen1ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_c
In high school I used to wear this really dark lipstick from Wet n Wild. Actually, all the girls did
lol.gif

Oh god I totally forgot about , I had the dark wet and wild lip stick too but was never brave enough to wear it and of course you had to have the bright white eye liner also by wet n' wild to wear on your eyes to cordinate

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by euphrosyne_rose
There used to be a brand my best friend and I liked when I was in 8th grade or so at Albertson's grocery store. She lived less than a block away and we'd hit Albertson's almost every Friday night for hours looking at the makeup and if we had money, we'd buy stuff and hide it b/c we weren't supposed to be wearing any yet.

The one brand I liked alot that I don't see now was called (I think) Clarion. They had alot of pretty colors and I remember getting this one e/s that was a pale pale green and it had a gray with it. I also got this teal blue e/l and I absolutely loved it. I ended up getting that e/l in gray and a grayish blue too.

I also remember of course wearing Cover Girl and I had a school dance where I wore this really pretty silvery blue silk top with a black skirt and my mom came home from work and presented me with this matching shimmery e/s from Cover Girl. Sterling Blue I think it was called and up until a few years ago, I used to still see that same color at the store. I was in LOVE with that color. It was my first "official" e/s since she didn't know about the others I had hidden! Good times!

OMG!! CLARION!! I totally forgot about that!!

MACForME

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgjwd
there was a brand called 'Stagelight' in the 80's I'd only see at Macy's that had the most awesome bright colors...anyone remember this one?

Woolworths also sold these pigments called 'luv bug' (which I still save for nostalgia but don't use) in the little twist jars that you now get Mac samples in

I remember Haalsa and also Silkience (sp?), Gee, your hair smells terrific, Aquanet and Aerolaq hairsprays and when Balsam conditioner

They still make the lip balms with the tins (have forgotten the name but saw an advertisement for them in an article about "older" makeup) They had flavors like sour apple and watermelon

Oh sure I remember StageLight! Later on, the "Beauty Supply Stores" carried it.. I used that before I used MAC!! I remember the small little display in the back of the supply store. I always thought it was so high end!!

Luv bug.. wow! I remember trying makeup on at Woolworths AND McCrory's! Oh wait, how about TICKLE deodorant!

nursee81

I use to wear cover girl and revlon. There was a lip liner espresso I think it was a dark brownish reddish color, we use to line our lip and put chapstick on that was our dark lips. Too funny now that I think about it.

sinergy

i had a wet n wild lippy too was it 508? lol somethn like that. and i had black berry from revlon and i think it was spice from loreal. dark dark colors! also me and my sis thought we were so cool when revlon came out with a green purple blue line matching shadows and eyeliners and most were too scared to wear then!

coachkitten

I wore a dual ended eye pencil from Maybelline everyday in high school. One side was matte light blue and the other side was a frosted light blue. I would wear it by itself as a liner everyday. No other eye shadow or anything. I wish I could go back to my former self and throw that liner away!!

I also loved Revlon's Stree Wear line. They had some great stuff. I also loved Cover Girl's crackle nail polish.

Dreamergirl3

No-name makeup. I'd go to the flea market and there would always be a stand or two with no name products. I'd stock up on compacts that would have a ton of different colored eyeshadows in them!

Also while at the flea market, I could never leave without some Starry Lip Glow!
VJ-544199-2T.jpg

purrtykitty

I wore these frosted teal and aqua green eyeliners from Wet 'n' Wild. Oh, and that mood lipstick that no matter what color I bought always turned bright pink. I also loved Wet 'n' Wild nail polishes. My mom let me start wearing polish at age 8 and Wet 'n' Wild's were the cheapest and had the best colors, chockful of glitter!

hawaii02

I was big on painting my nails using red Revlon polish a lot. I ALWAYS had to have them painted. My makeup was Covergirl--and a really bad brown blush from Almay.

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinergy
i had a wet n wild lippy too was it 508? lol somethn like that.

If that one is a dark burgundy color, then yeah must be it. I must of went thru tons of them during 8th and 9th grade.