Nars Spring 2012

shontay07108

Well, I said before I was staying away because unlike the rest of the world, I couldn't get into Nars Sheer Glow (the stuff stained my brushes and took forever to remove!). However, curiosity is telling me why not. Of course, I can't fight it. I just have to find my shade now.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Well, I said before I was staying away because unlike the rest of the world, I couldn't get into Nars Sheer Glow (the stuff stained my brushes and took forever to remove!). However, curiosity is telling me why not. Of course, I can't fight it. I just have to find my shade now.

FYI, my MUA told me that Sheer glow isn't meant to be applied with a brush, but with your hands. She was very specific about that, because supposedly the heat and friction of your hands gives it the proper texture. She didn't mention staining brushes, but that could be a "side effect".

MarieMary

FYI, my MUA told me that Sheer glow isn't meant to be applied with a brush, but with your hands. She was very specific about that, because supposedly the heat and friction of your hands gives it the proper texture. She didn't mention staining brushes, but that could be a "side effect".
I was told the same thing by a NARS MUA. She recommended that I put some on the back of my hand, and apply it with my fingers. It also gives a more natural-looking result. :)

Ingenue

I currently wear NARS Sheer Glow in Trinidad. NARS TM in Seychelles was recommended for me.

Crap. I'm looking at my Seychelles and I know it's too 'red' for me. I may have to go with Malaga. I used to think I was NARS Sheer Glow in Cadiz, until the head MUA told me I need Tahoe.

Looks like I'm headed for a return.

Winthrop44

I wrote to ask them if they will be coming out with any lighter shade than Finland and they responded that Finland is the lightest they are able to achieve with the formulation. Have you tried it yet Kate?

Monsy

i got samples of both finland and alaska today in sephora. alaska is WAY too dark for nc20 and pretty yellow
finland looks like it's going to be good.

EngineerBarbie

It's looking like unless I get some serious sun soon (which is why Polynesia is going with me to Disney World), I'll need to lighten this with either my pressed powder foundation in Cadiz or mix it with Cuba. I keep calling my usual Sephora to see if they've gotten them in stock. I could drive to the Nordstrom that has it but there's no way I"m driving into New Jersey (Cherry Hill) unless I'm on my way to New York.

EngineerBarbie

Crap. I'm looking at my Seychelles and I know it's too 'red' for me. I may have to go with Malaga. I used to think I was NARS Sheer Glow in Cadiz, until the head MUA told me I need Tahoe.

Looks like I'm headed for a return.
Malaga sounds like the best match for you.

I used to think I was Macao in Sheer Matte (someone at Sephora matched me with this color) and I looked so horrible I knew this couldn't be right. Went to the NARS website and saw New Guinea shade was for red undertones--they don't sell this shade at Sephora. Damn.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I wrote to ask them if they will be coming out with any lighter shade than Finland and they responded that Finland is the lightest they are able to achieve with the formulation. Have you tried it yet Kate?

I actually just got samples today, so I'll be trying them shortly. Unfortunately, they only had samples in four colours, so all she was able to give me was Alaska. I'll take some shots once I've played with it, but I have a feeling that it'll end up too dark.

FYI, I finally FINALLY, posted swatches of my little Spring haul in the swatch thread and I have a review and comparisons plus a couple of looks I did with the products I got. The direct link is in my signature. I'm super-late to the party with this one, but I am super in love with the collection. Other than the soft touch pencil, I think I would have bought everything if money had been no object. I already have to stop myself from using either Lhasa or Paramaribo every day.

Oh, and I finally caved and got Pago Pago, two seasons late... I can't get over how much of an effect it has on my face when it seemingly has so little to it. Magic.

Ingenue

I know someone who wears Sheer Glow in Macao and she got matched with Martinique.

Malaga sounds like the best match for you.

I used to think I was Macao in Sheer Matte (someone at Sephora matched me with this color) and I looked so horrible I knew this couldn't be right. Went to the NARS website and saw New Guinea shade was for red undertones--they don't sell this shade at Sephora. Damn.
That's what I'm hearing Engineer Barbie. One of the ladies on my blog says she knew I was Malaga based on my other foundation selections... she says it's the same as Chanel Beige-Ambre 64, which is a perfect match for me). So, I'm returning Seychelles and just bought Malaga. It's not at any counters near me yet, so I'm winging it online at the moment.

MarieMary

Haha, me too! :) I finally had the opportunity to see it and swatch it.
The NARS MUA applied it with Larger than Life Eyeliner in Madison Avenue (black looks too harsh on me), and mascara. Then she put Valapraison pure matte lipstick on my lips. She brushed the Yachiyo over the three colors of the eyeshadow trio, and used the result as a blush. It looked lovely!
I also ended up buying the eyelash curler because it's confortable and it does the job well.

WhatWouldJoanDo

That's fun that we both recently grabbed it. I think navy is a nice liner colour too ... black isn't right for me either with these shadows. I have their curler too - it is a particularly nice one :) .. i'll check out valapraison and the blush tip - thx!

MarieMary

I know, right? :p I've been curious about it for a while. I think you're right, it must look good with navy liner. I'll try, thanks for the tip. :)
Woops, I meant Valparaiso, not Valparaison. It's really a gorgeous color! It's a great combo with Douce France. I didn't get it even though I like it, because I'm waiting for swatches of Never Say Never velvet matte lip pencil. I think I'll decide between the two.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Haha, me too! :) I finally had the opportunity to see it and swatch it.
The NARS MUA applied it with Larger than Life Eyeliner in Madison Avenue (black looks too harsh on me), and mascara. Then she put Valapraison pure matte lipstick on my lips. She brushed the Yachiyo over the three colors of the eyeshadow trio, and used the result as a blush. It looked lovely!
I also ended up buying the eyelash curler because it's confortable and it does the job well.

I think you've finally given me the perfect reason to buy Douce France! It's shadow AND blush... I love Nars for keeping their limited items available on their web site for so long. All the trios except Calanque are still there.

MarieMary

Quote: Originally Posted by katred
I think you've finally given me the perfect reason to buy Douce France! It's shadow AND blush... I love Nars for keeping their limited items available on their web site for so long. All the trios except Calanque are still there.

Ha, sorry about that! :p
And I agree, that's one of the things I like about NARS: most of the limited editions aren't sold out in a matter of days / weeks / even months. The only exception I could think of is the Danmari palette; it sold out so quickly! By the way in Europe, Calanque Eyeshadow Trio is still available. ;)

Miss QQ

Douce France looks very interesting and pretty, but I'm not sure it will look good on me. I'm yellow toned and have dark brown eyes.