Nars Spring 2012

Aquamarine1543

I just ordered the tinted moisturizer at the Nordstrom website!
I chose Finland which is the lightest shade since I mix Sheer glow Siberia and Gobi. I think Finland is match me. (and it has to be!!!
blink.gif
)

katred

Specktra Bestie

Totally forgot to ask about the TMs, but I went to Murale today and got Paramaribo and Lhasa, so I'm pretty certain everyone has the collection out now. I'm normally a fan of Nars' shadows, but these ones really do seem to raise the bar as far as texture and pigmentation. I'll post swatches shortly.

Dominique33

Hi,

This spring collection is really beautiful ! I will get " Douce France ", " Gaiety " and probably " Diamond Life " when it comes out at Sephora's. NARS is really a painter, I think ! Artistic Director and photographer, he is an artist and colours and shades are very artistic indeed. I have many lipsticks here, among them 20 from Nars and honestly, with M.A.C and Chanel, Nars is my favourite make-up brand because I love both the pigments and the work on colours. " Gaiety " looks very pretty, " Douce France " too. It's bad for my credit card, but I am afraid I won't resist much, I never do when I look at the Nars collections.

MarieMary

Dominique33: I couldn't agree more with your vision of NARS the brand and Nars the man. :) Bienvenue au fait!

Here is a review for the Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer:
http://www.beautyjunkiesunite.com/WP/2012/02/01/nars-pure-radiant-tinted-moisturizer-reviews-photos/

TheShadesOfU posted a promotional picture of the different shades:

1 Finland - Lightest with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
2 Alaska - Light with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
3 St. Moritz - Medium with a neutral yellow undertone
4 Annapurna - Medium with a neutral peachy undertone
5 Cuba - Medium with a neutral balance of pink and yellow undertones
6 Malaga - Medium dark with warm caramel undertones
7 Seychelles - Medium dark with golden olive undertones
8 Martinique - Medium dark with warm red undertones
9 Polynesia - Dark with warm chocolate undertones

Source: http://www.theshadesofu.com/2012/02/new-nars-pure-radiant-tinted.html

MarieMary

will st moritz be a good match for someone who wears deauville foundation?
Maybe it'll be too dark. Missmolliecule said on page 4 that Alaska is close to Fiji / Ceylan (which are close to Deauville). But it's so very hard to tell without real swatches! :(
Maybe it's a good idea to wait for Karlasugar to swatch the Tinted Moisturizers. She has swatched all of the Sheer Glow shades, so if she swatches the Tinted Moisturizers, you'll be able to make a good comparison, and decide which is the best shade for you. :)

Edit: I don't know if that helps, but on Nordstrom.com, someone wearing the Stromboli shade was matched to St Moritz by the Nordstrom team.

Dominique33

Hi,

Thank you !
I haven't tried Nars foundations yet but I'll probably will someday. Yes François Nars is really an artist, that's why I love his make-up so much. " Douce France " is sold out at Sephora France but I do hope it will come again,
Best,

EngineerBarbie

I'm working on reviews of the items I purchased from this collection but in the meantime, here's a shot of me wearing the Paramaribo eye shadow duo. I am SOOOOO in love with this!

Monsy

Maybe it'll be too dark. Missmolliecule said on page 4 that Alaska is close to Fiji / Ceylan (which are close to Deauville). But it's so very hard to tell without real swatches! :( Maybe it's a good idea to wait for Karlasugar to swatch the Tinted Moisturizers. She has swatched all of the Sheer Glow shades, so if she swatches the Tinted Moisturizers, you'll be able to make a good comparison, and decide which is the best shade for you. :)

Edit: I don't know if that helps, but on Nordstrom.com, someone wearing the Stromboli shade was matched to St Moritz by the Nordstrom team.

thank you! i just feel that lighter two shades will be to pink/neutral
can't wait to see swatches

suenoojos

Valparaiso and mexicon rose are beautiful !!!
i had to get gaiety ever since cafe makeup said its a chanel turbulent dupe !
i love the duo as well
the trio n single were dupeable in my opnion

MarieMary

thank you! i just feel that lighter two shades will be to pink/neutral
can't wait to see swatches
You're welcome. :)
There are some swatches on Makeupalley (Finland, Alaska, St Moritz, Cuba, Martinique, Polynesia).
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=150237/Pure-Radiant-Tinted-Moisturizer/NARS/Tinted-Moisturizer

For the pale ladies out there, someone who's wearing Sheer Glow in Siberia and Pressed Powder in Snow is saying on Sephora that Finland is giving her a tan.
http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/What-are-you-wearing-today/td-p/170167/page/22

Now I'm definitely waiting for Karlasugar to post swatches. But it seems the Tinted Moisturizers, even if the formula is awesome, are not going to be for me because even the lightest shade would be too dark. If that's the case, I'll be *very* disappointed. :(

Monsy

i found some reviews

http://foofyo.blogspot.com/2012/02/nars-pure-radiant-tinted-moisturizer.html
http://www.beautyjunkiesunite.com/WP/2012/02/01/nars-pure-radiant-tinted-moisturizer-reviews-photos/

Shadowy Lady

I thought maybe Cuba would be a good match for someone who wears Santa Fe in sheer glow but again the swatches makes it look many shades darker than Santa Fe :/ I guess I either wait for Karla's swatches or just wait much longer till these are released in Canada

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the review/ swatch links! I'm thinking that I might wait until later in the summer- after I've developed my annual teeny tiny tan- to try these out. The swatch of Finland comparing it to Chanel B10 makes me wonder, because B10 already verges on too dark for me, unless I have a bit of colour in my face (which I won't for a few months).

Aquamarine1543

I got tinted moisturizer Finland (which is the lightest shade) and was really really disappointed because it's quiet dark on me
after I wore it on my face.
001_unsure.gif

(By the way, when I use Sheer glow foundation, I mix Siberia and Gobi, so I'm between NC10~15.)
The formula is awesome, though.

I think Sheer glow Gobi is lighter than Finland.

Finland looks like between Gobi and Deauville or somewhere.
I'm really disappointed and I think I should mix it with Sheer glow or Firming Siberia.
ssad.gif