NARS Spring 2013

katred

Specktra Bestie
The collection will be released in one week, Aquamarine?
graucho.gif
So we hope. It was originally supposed to be released January 15th, but it seems to be hiding very well.

MarieMary

NARS has sometimes released information about a collection just 8 to 10 days prior to the release date. Today is January 3rd, the official release date (US) is January 15th. We just have to wait a little. ;)

Edit: Mmmmm if I read well, the Japanese magazine says 15/02/2013. I'm not sure what to think; it's supposed to be January 15th for the US, February 1st for the rest of the world. So either Japan gets the collection later than the other countries, or the global release of the collection has been pushed back 2 weeks. I hope not.

katred

Specktra Bestie
NARS has sometimes released information about a collection just 8 to 10 days prior to the release date. Today is January 3rd, the official release date (US) is January 15th. We just have to wait a little. ;)

Edit: Mmmmm if I read well, the Japanese magazine says 15/02/2013. I'm not sure what to think; it's supposed to be January 15th for the US, February 1st for the rest of the world. So either Japan gets the collection later than the other countries, or the global release of the collection has been pushed back 2 weeks. I hope not.
I went back and checked 2012's launch dates and the Spring collection was out mid-January, at least on the Nars web site. It would be odd for them to push the launch two weeks ahead, since it would mess up their year-to-year sales comparison. The only reason I can think of that it might be delayed is if counters are still pushing through a lot of stock of the Warhol/ holiday collection (my counters still seem to have a lot).

I still have my fingers crossed that we'll get something soon, because you're right- they do often wait until just before they send out press samples to give out the colour story.

MarieMary

Thanks for checking, katred. ;)
If last year they released the spring collection in mid-january, and this year they announced it for mid-january as well (US), then we should get information very soon. :)

MissTT

My Gilt City voucher expires Jan 16th! *rubshandsgreedily* I've got $40 in free NARS goodies to grab. I'm glad I stumbled into this thread. Thanks, ladies!

MarieMary

Here are some hi-res promotional pictures. Sadly not the entire collection (Persia Single Eyeshadow, Dressed to Kill Lipstick and the Soft Touch Shadow Pencil are missing). But it's enough to see the complexity of Disco Inferno Nail Polish and to confirm that Seduction is a powder blush.

Also a fantastic Sephora-exclusive new gift set called "And God Created The Woman" will be available in February according to the source. I can't wait, it's a wonderful travel eye make-up kit: an eyeshadow palette, a travel size eyeshadow base and #3 eye brush. It might not be Sephora-exclusive in other countries, it might only apply to France. We'll know soon enough.

Source: http://takemetotakemeto.blogspot.com/2013/01/take-me-to-sephora-2.html

Aquamarine1543

Thanks, Marie!
If Seduction has some brownish color like G-spot, I think I'll pass because brownish color (esp, blushes) always makes me look ashy.:S
You know, Seduction looks like a darker and redder version of Oasis blush rather than G-spot in the pic.
I haven't heard about a trio eyeshadow yet, but I don't think there's no a trio this year.lol

MarieMary

You're welcome, Aquamarine1543.
I think NARS promo pictures are very accurate, so you can trust that. ;) These had me convinced I need Seduction blush and Disco Inferno Nail Polish.

Monsy

Quote: Originally Posted by MarieMary

Also a fantastic Sephora-exclusive new gift set called "And God Created The Woman" will be available in February according to the source. I can't wait, it's a wonderful travel eye make-up kit: an eyeshadow palette, a travel size eyeshadow base and #3 eye brush. It might not be Sephora-exclusive in other countries, it might only apply to France. We'll know soon enough.

Source: http://takemetotakemeto.blogspot.com/2013/01/take-me-to-sephora-2.html

this looks great!

Aquamarine1543

Because of some flash light, it looks like reddish-pinky lipstick.lol But I think Dressed to Kill is def. a red lipstick.
Btw, Nars started to post the color story on FB!

Aquamarine1543

About this pic (which posted on the 2nd page by Marie), it looks like the swatch of the left side is Dressed to kill l/s. You can see some words under the swatch.
and I think the eyeshadow which is right next to Mad Mad world duo is Persia eyeshadow.:)

Aquamarine1543

Here's the full color story!
No trio in this collection?! I'm quite shocked! lol

I think I may only get the blush! I'll drop by the counter later to decide whether I'll buy.

The NARS Spring 2013 Collection is all about being fresh and fierce, strong and sexy. The Spring 2013 Color Collection introduces a vibrant, ‘90s-esque palette that sets the tone for a season of audaciously feminine looks. Created by Founder & Creative Director François Nars, the collection heralds spring’s arrival with shades ready to make a graphic statement

NARS Cythere Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil $24
Soft metallic rose

(Btw, rose? I don't get it. It just looks like golden-beige to me.lol)

NARS Corcovado Soft Touch Shadow Pencil $24 (LE)

NARS Dressed to Kill Lipstick $24
Fuchsia rose with gold shimmer

NARS Persia Single Eyeshadow $24
Matte paprika

NARS Bouthan Duo Eyeshadow $34
Soft pink tulle and bright pink with gold shimmer

NARS Mad Mad Duo Eyeshadow $34
Cyan and parakeet green

NARS Seduction Blush $28
Sangria

NARS Disco Inferno Nail Polish $18 (LE)
Iridescent silver green

http://www.musingsofamuse.com/2013/01/nars-spring-2013-color-collection.html

MaitaiFluff

Also a fantastic Sephora-exclusive new gift set called "And God Created The Woman" will be available in February according to the source. I can't wait, it's a wonderful travel eye make-up kit: an eyeshadow palette, a travel size eyeshadow base and #3 eye brush. It might not be Sephora-exclusive in other countries, it might only apply to France. We'll know soon enough. Source: http://takemetotakemeto.blogspot.com/2013/01/take-me-to-sephora-2.html
Ooh. This looks like a cute set to have in my "running late for work" makeup bag.

MaitaiFluff

Yays. Thank you for posting this. Idk what I actually need out or this whole lot yet, but I know that I want everything.