NARS Summer 2011

BeckyBenett

okies i bit the bullet and ordered:
1. carthage pure matte lipstick
2. mayflower lipstick
3. wonder lip gloss

i also threw in funny face lipstick cause that has been on my wishlist for awhile.. too bad i have to wait some time before receiving them though.. im super excited!!!

LMD84

okies i bit the bullet and ordered:
1. carthage pure matte lipstick
2. mayflower lipstick
3. wonder lip gloss

i also threw in funny face lipstick cause that has been on my wishlist for awhile.. too bad i have to wait some time before receiving them though.. im super excited!!!
cool! enjoy your goodies when they arrive!

BeautyByLele

Hey I FINALLY picked up Cap Ferrat today
cheerleader.gif
!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User38

^ Monsy, mu and men have to give you an electric shock.. or be your best friends for years..

if it doesn't spark the chemistry.. then pass. I did cause it was blue on me and I am not comfortable in bluish es.

LeLe.. enjoy!

Honey&LemonGirl

^^ Totally agree 100% with HG. You're naturally attracted to colors that suit you, imo. If you don't feel the spark and the product doesn't totally excite you, I wouldn't feel bad at all about passing.

LMD84

^ Monsy, mu and men have to give you an electric shock.. or be your best friends for years..

if it doesn't spark the chemistry.. then pass. I did cause it was blue on me and I am not comfortable in bluish es.

LeLe.. enjoy!
yup i agree with this! some items just speak out to you - others not so much. if i am so -so about a product i don't buy it :)

Monsy

You are right ladies, but too late i already bought it and that's why i know how it looks. I love the lighter shade, but for some reason darker one looks too blue, maybe i over-blended it. I will try it again.

BeautyByLele

I also picked up Wonder l/g today . . . Im glad it pulls more orange on me !! This one is going in my everyday makeup bag & not in my makeup traincase!!!
eyelove.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
I caved and got Dogon today. Although I still can't reconcile it with "Summer", it's a gorgeous combination. I tried on Mayflower and it's seriously almost the exact colour of my lips- a little warmer. I don't know why, but I still really like it. Normally, I like lips that are more "statement". (I have very few "my lips but better"shades.) I'm also increasingly drawn to New Order. I thought I'd hate the glitter, but I don't. Weird thing is that The Great Enabler was encouraging me to get it. He never "gets" blush, because he says he can't tell the difference between them, but he really likes this particular blush, especially because of the glitter. (He did say that NARS "Exhibit A" was one he thought he'd be able to tell from other blushes...)

Honey&LemonGirl

katred, ME TOO. I keep swatching New Order every time I go to Sephora (which is quite often these days, on vacation) and I'm so drawn to how the glitter looks underneath bright lights. The combination of gold & silver glitter makes it look sooo disco and pretty, almost like fairy dust!!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I finally ended up getting New Order and I'm very happy for having done so. It is seriously a lovely blush.

My full thoughts ont he collection, including a couple of looks are here:

http://morelikespace.blogspot.com/2011/05/making-faces-product-review-nars-summer.html

Ultimately, I really, really love the Dogon e/s duo, Mayflower and, yes, New Order blush... now, of course, I'm going to have New Order songs stuck in my head for a week.

BeccalovesMAC

I finally ended up getting New Order and I'm very happy for having done so. It is seriously a lovely blush.

http://morelikespace.blogspot.com/2011/05/making-faces-product-review-nars-summer.html

Ultimately, I really, really love the Dogon e/s duo, Mayflower and, yes, New Order blush... now, of course, I'm going to have New Order songs stuck in my head for a week.

Does New order have really chunky glitter? I wanted to get this but I am scared I will like I just got a lap dance from a stripper. :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Does New order have really chunky glitter? I wanted to get this but I am scared I will like I just got a lap dance from a stripper. :)

Lol! It's not as glittery as that. I personally find blushes like Super-Orgasm way more glittery. It has a very noticeable shimmer, which I did not find showed as speckles on my skin, so I don't think you're in lap dance territory with this one...

laylalovesmac

OMG- me too, Kate! I wore New Order today and in honor of it, I made a whole New Order playlist. They're here to stay now, apparently.
th_wallbash.gif

*Every time I see you falling, I get down on my knees and pray. I'm waiting for that final moment, you say the words that I can't say.*

LMD84

Lol! It's not as glittery as that. I personally find blushes like Super-Orgasm way more glittery. It has a very noticeable shimmer, which I did not find showed as speckles on my skin, so I don't think you're in lap dance territory with this one...
lol! yeah i agree - it's not that shimmery!!