NARS Summer 2011

Monsy

yes, it has that blue iridescence. that's why i had such a hard time capturing the color

ThePowderPuff

Lou! I absolutely love your tutorial. Please don't change anything about the way you make them. I loooove the fact that you have taken the time to make a proper voice over and edit it. What to you seems like something you needed to do because it was your first is actually MUCH more viewer friendly and nicer to look at IMO. There's nothing worse to look at than 10 minutes of non edited Youtubers rambling on and on.

Please keep editing your videos and doing voice overs insted of uncontrolled rambling. I love it!

The lightning and technical quality was also excellent. Everything was clear and focused, Very good job, I am very much impressed by your video skills.

Please notice that Temptalia does her videos the same way. It's actually a much better way to do it. But of course much more time consuming as well. But I wish more youtubers took the time to do it. And you still keep it personal with your intro and outro and your very charming personality.

sailordom

I picked up Carthage yesterday and waffled on both Mayflower and Wonder but walked away with just Carthage. But you all have me rethinking my decision to not get Mayflower! Temptalia's photos of it in the tube looked way darker than I remember it being, and I generally find her lip swatches misleading. I think I may have to go swatch it in the store for myself!

User38

Ingenue.. you did it again! You look gorgeous and the ls looks great on you -- I have it, but I think it looks better on you !

I do so love the NARS mattes.. I will keep buying them (all except madere)/

shontay07108

With Temptalia you have to look at the swatch, plus her lips naked then with the color on. I think that's why she does pictures of all three. Mayflower is more pigmented on her because her lips are light, but it has enough pigment that my dark lips get just enough color. It's an easy lipstick to wear. It gives nice color without being overbearing, but it's not boring.

User38

^
iagree.gif

laylalovesmac

I've gotten to play with my stuff a little more, and I have to say, it's kind of a mixed bag. I love Wonder so much! SO SO much! And even though New Order is a total glitter bomb, it's lovely as a highlighter for me. The thing I'm not crazy about is Bolero. It makes me look really weird and like Shadowy Lady, I find it patchy. What gives? Kinda disappointed, but I think I can make it work. I'd rather play with it a little more and then decide since sending it back seems like it would be a pain. Oh, well. Wonder and New Order are my new loves. <3

I think I may need to pick up Mayflower eventually, too since it seems so natural and pretty on everyone.

LMD84

Lou! I absolutely love your tutorial. Please don't change anything about the way you make them. I loooove the fact that you have taken the time to make a proper voice over and edit it. What to you seems like something you needed to do because it was your first is actually MUCH more viewer friendly and nicer to look at IMO. There's nothing worse to look at than 10 minutes of non edited Youtubers rambling on and on.

Please keep editing your videos and doing voice overs insted of uncontrolled rambling. I love it!

The lightning and technical quality was also excellent. Everything was clear and focused, Very good job, I am very much impressed by your video skills.

Please notice that Temptalia does her videos the same way. It's actually a much better way to do it. But of course much more time consuming as well. But I wish more youtubers took the time to do it. And you still keep it personal with your intro and outro and your very charming personality.
Oh thank you so much for your feedback! that is brilliant! i am so pleased that you find the voiceover more helpful than talking while I apply it and that you feel the lighting and such is ok! :) I shall have to watch one of temptalia's tutorials to see how she does them :) i was doing mine this way because I found it easier to start off with! But people seem to be liking the 'format' so I think I shall stick with it! :) Thanks so much for your lovely comments - it makes me want to make loads and loads of videos! There will be another tutorial going up on monday :) I plan one doing one or two a week :)

nunu

Guys what would you say the must have product from this collection? I hauled so much from Surf Baby that i can't afford to by everything i like from this collection.

Ingenue

Thanks HG!

Nunu... I only walked away with Carthage. But I see lots of love for Mayflower around here!

shontay07108

[quote name="nunu" url="/forum/thread/173694/nars-summer-2011/510#post_2118736"]Guys what would you say the must have product from this collection? I hauled so much from Surf Baby that i can't afford to by everything i like from this collection. [/quote] I love Mayflower, but I have to go with Wonder lip gloss 100%. It's amazing and I'm not even a lip gloss freak.

User38

^ I would agree with Shontay.. the wonder gloss is amazing.. almost perfect !

second, would be Carthage..

laylalovesmac

I love Mayflower, but I have to go with Wonder lip gloss 100%. It's amazing and I'm not even a lip gloss freak.
I completely agree with this! I actually pretty much hate lip gloss otherwise, and I've worn Wonder at least five times since I got it.
eyelove.gif

EngineerBarbie

Quote:
For me it was the Cap Ferrat e/s trio. There is just something about these three colors. They look great on their own and together and with other shadows.

LMD84

for me it is cap feratt - such beautiful summery colours! however everybody is saying different things so i guess this shows NARS was onto a winner with this collection - there really is something for everyone!