NARS Summer 2012

cutemiauw

I found this review: http://bloominbeautyblog.com/2012/04/17/preview-nars-summer-2012/ featuring Ramatuelle, Liberte, and Buenos Aires. She said Liberte looks a lot like Gilda. I think I'll be skipping then... at least until I could swatch it in store.
I think BA looks very lovely on her too...

(Almost) Finalizing my list: Ramatuelle Trio & Never Say Never
I said almost because I saw NARS Thakoon np collection is also up so I need a bit more deciding time
girlhaha.gif

Btw, I think even Karen from MBB said she's using a fan brush for Liberte... so I think maybe it looked of on Temptalia because she put too much on?

Monsy

I agree, it is more beige peach. I don't see any pink in it.
i still have not played with the rest

Shadowy Lady

I found this review: http://bloominbeautyblog.com/2012/04/17/preview-nars-summer-2012/ featuring Ramatuelle, Liberte, and Buenos Aires. She said Liberte looks a lot like Gilda. I think I'll be skipping then... at least until I could swatch it in store.

I said almost because I saw NARS Thakoon np collection is also up so I need a bit more deciding time
girlhaha.gif

Btw, I think even Karen from MBB said she's using a fan brush for Liberte... so I think maybe it looked of on Temptalia because she put too much on?

Oh I have Gilda too so if they're similar I shall skip Liberte. Liberte looks more orange and deeper to me though, at least from the pics. Gilda is a soft coral. I was gonna order online but I'll just wait and go to the store when I'm back from vacation.

shontay07108

I got Liberte delivered to me a short while ago. Love it. It's a gorgeous color that I needed in my collection. Can't wait to use it soon.

Richelle83

Liberte is what I thought MAC's Modern Mandarin would look like, so for that I'm a happy camper. Never Say Never is not quite what I expected. Karen's lip swatch is exactly how it looks on me, kinda figured it would be more saturated than it is.

Miss QQ

girlhaha.gif

I don't have Gilda. I was thinking of geting Gilda/Gina/Amour or Liberte now, but I'm more confused now and I can't see any of them in person. Maybe I'll pass all of them lol.

My list is also nearly finalised, except for the blush:
Ramatuelle - decided I need it after reading the review on Cafemakeup and Messywands
Moscow
Marie-Galante - I want this but I have this nagging thought that I also want Mandchourie from last holiday, which is another blue duo. Ladies who have Mandchourie, is it a must-have?

Prettypackages

I'm not loving the eyeshadows. :(

I am not sure about that blush. I don't know if it is the looks, but they made me really not like the colors. I'll have to go play in the store.

cutemiauw

Order placed
cheerleader.gif
. I've decided on Ramatuelle and Never Say Never. Also found a promo code for Narscosmetics.eu that still works for mini Orgasm Illuminator :D.
I'm pretty much hooked on Ramatuelle from the beginning anyways, because I wanted a simple eye makeup look for summer (if summer ever comes here!).
And messywands sold me on Never Say Never. Besides, I don't have a matte lilac purple lippie :D

MissQQ - The thing that throws me off from Liberte is I think it could look a little too dirty when one put too much on, so instead of looking fresh it looks like too much sun. Granted, this look might be good for summer, but I'm not a fan of that on myself. I always feel like I'm looking tired whenever I have this too much sun look :D. That's why after she said it looks too much like Gilda, I won't get it... I don't even reach for Gilda that often (Gina is my go to blush).

I just googled for Mandchourie. Ohhh it's pretty too! I think it'll be great for those formal evening events (not that I have one to go to. LOL)

*fabulosity*

I received my NARS summer haul yesterday. I have never ordered online and been entirely happy with everything. I got the Liberte blush and the Vendanges lipstick. I am IN LOVE with the Liberte blush. Someone above said its what Modern Mandarin should be... EXACTLY. Modern Mandarin to me came off a bit too powdery for my liking. Liberte looks nothing like Gilda ... its way deeper... i am NW43 and its gorgeous. The Vendanges lipstick wow'ed me online because I thought it was a plummy color... but its more brownish than plum ... I still like it and I'm not a lipstick person (if that means anything).

I'm a happy camper.. I also picked up the caramel concealer (love) and Oasis lipgloss (beautiful).

Shadowy Lady

Ok so based on the reviews I'll be skipping Liberte blush. It seems like most ppl that really like it have deeper skintones. I'm happy with Gilda as my summer coral blush.

So now my list is small and manageable:
- Marie-Glanate duo (the looks with this duo are just breath-taking)
- Yellow nail polish from Takhoon (please god let this look good one me)
- Trouveille nail polish
- Never Say Never mvp

There are more lipsticks I like in this collection but I will wait to get them later.

Miss QQ - I think between the blushes you listed Gina would look gorgeous on you. I liked both Gina and Gilda but I bought Gilda as I think Gilda is more suitable to cooler undertones and Gina is great on warmer (yellow undertones) ladies :)

luvlydee

My liberte blush comes todayyyy yay. I will post swatches and compare it to a couple of my other blushes

bis

I don't have Gilda. I was thinking of geting Gilda/Gina/Amour or Liberte now, but I'm more confused now and I can't see any of them in person. Maybe I'll pass all of them lol. My list is also nearly finalised, except for the blush: Ramatuelle - decided I need it after reading the review on Cafemakeup and Messywands Moscow Marie-Galante - I want this but I have this nagging thought that I also want Mandchourie from last holiday, which is another blue duo. Ladies who have Mandchourie, is it a must-have?
Mandchourie is one of my fav duos, but from the pictures I have seen not comparable to Marie-Galante. Mandchourie is very dusty, that's why I ilke it so much. The blue in MG looks much more like a proper blue. My list has Never Say Never, the duo and maybe Moscow (love the name and the description), but the swatches I have seen of Moscow are very brick-red and I am not sure that would suit me. but then it looked good on messywands :dunno: those of you that are getting the trio, how will you be wearing it?

honybr

I'm so excited every one like their Liberte blushes. I was so excited for Modern Mandarin and it was a big fail on me. So glad to hear this is what I was expecting from MM. Mine should be here tomorrow!

Dominique33

I have Ramatuelle and Marie-Galante. I never make plans when I do my make-up. Today I am wearing the MUFE palette ( La Bohème ), I chose 2 shades and applied them directly ( without a brush or a primer ) on my lids. It looks pretty good ! Ramatuelle ? I will do exactly the same, I don't like following rules as far as eyeshadows are concerned, except apply a primer if I want eyeshadows to last much more. Nars eyeshadows are easy to apply except Outremer or very pigmented ones ( I have to follow some rules when I choose Outremer ) but Ramatuelle is so much softer that I do as I feel.

Latest posts