NARS Summer 2012

Monsy

I hope the new job is enjoyable, at least. How do you find working with the duo? I noticed that the more the tester is swatched (by people using their fingers), the worse it gets. I saw one tester yesterday and I couldn't get ANY colour from it. It had been sort of compressed to the point where it wasn't really powder any more... I'm still a bit tempted by it and I'm thinking it would actually perform better with a brush than the swatches would let on. Of course, that might be wishful thinking.
you are right katred. more i tried to get color out of it - with brush! it just got worse and worse

shontay07108

I tried swatching the duo again today in Sephora and it was worse than before. Just some tiny glitter particles showed up and nothing more. Disappointing.

Anneri

Here is my summary of the duo: It's not that difficult to use, comparable with MAC's MES in terms of fallout. I used a Paitpot as base and put some Glitter Glue over it.
I think the finished look is really beautiful, but I also regognised there's one major problem with the shadows: you can't double-dip your brush in it, and never ever use your fingers for swatches. It immediateley gets a hard crust on the surface and the brush can't grab any more color out of the pan. I had to scratch the surface off mine after using it.

I'm really not good at making pics of myself, but this should give you some idea of the finished look:

aradhana

Here is my summary of the duo: It's not that difficult to use, comparable with MAC's MES in terms of fallout. I used a Paitpot as base and put some Glitter Glue over it.
I think the finished look is really beautiful, but I also regognised there's one major problem with the shadows: you can't double-dip your brush in it, and never ever use your fingers for swatches. It immediateley gets a hard crust on the surface and the brush can't grab any more color out of the pan. I had to scratch the surface off mine after using it.

I'm really not good at making pics of myself, but this should give you some idea of the finished look:

thanks for the review....this is the one item from the collection i have been thinking to get...but i have yet to see it in person...

cutemiauw

It's gorgeous, Anneri! Sorry it didn't work as well as it should have. Btw, do you like Douceurs of Paris palette?

macgirl3121

I just got finished working a 3 day event doing polish changes at the San Francisco Nordstrom NARS counter. They were offering complimentary polish changes with the Thakoon polishes and the spring polish Trouville. Hated Trouvillre. As far as pink cremes go you can buy any number of different Essie pinks and get the same look. The Thakoon polishes=LOVE. Koliary was the most popular and looked great against every skin tone. I wanted to buy it but the counter sold out. I'll likely go ahead and order it online. The baby blue Kutuki was the 2nd most picked. Followed by Ratin Jot, then Anardana. No one wanted Amchoor, the yellow, but I liked it.

Anneri

Btw, do you like Douceurs of Paris palette?
Sadly, I haven't used it properly yet. I only did two looks with it, one was a bronzey type of look and the other one was a lilac-mauvey one. I liked both very much and the texture of the shadows is really good. I noticed a strong artificial smell emenating from it - that's the main thing I don't like, lol!

Regarding Marie-Galante I can say that I wore it to a party last night, and not only did I get some compliments on the look, but also it held up really well. I wore it for about 8 hours without any creasing or fading. Some of the glitters migrated, though - but I liked it for a party!

afulton

I was in Sephora yesterday and I also watched it. The swatch was very poor. It barely showed up on my skin.
I tried swatching the duo again today in Sephora and it was worse than before. Just some tiny glitter particles showed up and nothing more. Disappointing.

cutemiauw

Sadly, I haven't used it properly yet. I only did two looks with it, one was a bronzey type of look and the other one was a lilac-mauvey one. I liked both very much and the texture of the shadows is really good. I noticed a strong artificial smell emenating from it - that's the main thing I don't like, lol!
Regarding Marie-Galante I can say that I wore it to a party last night, and not only did I get some compliments on the look, but also it held up really well. I wore it for about 8 hours without any creasing or fading. Some of the glitters migrated, though - but I liked it for a party!
Ah, okay then I think I'll skip on DoP for now. Good to hear Marie-Galante works out for you!

Ingenue

Looks amazing - just sold me on the trio. I literally just went and ordered after seeing this!!
LOL! Thanks... I'm such an enabler!
lol.gif
I really like it. I've been using the colors separately and blending them with other shadows, and they really work well.

kimbunney

The duo isn't the most pigmented in swatches and you have to work with it on the eyes. If you want something easy then skip, but I worked with it with a good base and a little fix plus and I'm enjoying the results. It's beautiful on the eyes.

meleftie

LOL! Thanks... I'm such an enabler!
lol.gif
I really like it. I've been using the colors separately and blending them with other shadows, and they really work well.
I'm thinking that MAC's coppering should add just a little more depth. What color eyeliner have you been using? I'm thinking Dipdown?

Ingenue

Lal Mirchi arrived today. Meh. I think I like Chanel Holiday better... it seems to have more depth. I'm going to do a comparison tonight.

macgirl3121

Aww you make me want to order Koliary now. Does the NARS np stains the fingernails?

Ah, okay then I think I'll skip on DoP for now. Good to hear Marie-Galante works out for you!
I haven't had NARS nail polish to stain. But using a good base coat can help to mitigate this.

cutemiauw

I haven't had NARS nail polish to stain. But using a good base coat can help to mitigate this.
Thanks! I'm such a noob when it comes to nail polishes. I know that Chanel didn't stain even if I didn't use base coat. I was curious because I already have a somewhat similar color to Koliary and I love the color but it left a blue stain on my nails even when I use a base coat. Smurf nails aren't that cute
girlhaha.gif

Ingenue

I put a comparison swatch between the two on my blog. Lal Mirchi is definitely more of a 'red orange.' Holiday is distinctly orange (not coral at all).