NARS Summer 2012

britty_bear

Does the Ramatuelle trio remind anyone else of MACs Soften The Mood mineralize trio? The only very noticeable difference, to me anyway, is the apricot/orange shade in the NARS trio versus the tan in the MAC one. But that can be adjusted by using an orange or coral shadow blended with it. The lightest shades both seem to be light, blue based tones.

sss215

Quote: Originally Posted by sss215

I have been stalking Sephora for a few days now, waiting for them to update the display to summer. I might have to break down and order Liberte online or stop by a Nars counter even though I have a Sephora store only credit. I feel like Liberte is going to be a hot item.

You may already know this, but it's up on Sephora now. Go get your Liberte!
I got one! Sephora had them in store! So happy!!!!

cutemiauw

Does the Ramatuelle trio remind anyone else of MACs Soften The Mood mineralize trio? The only very noticeable difference, to me anyway, is the apricot/orange shade in the NARS trio versus the tan in the MAC one. But that can be adjusted by using an orange or coral shadow blended with it. The lightest shades both seem to be light, blue based tones.
Hmm... I don't think so. I don't have Soften The Mood, but I know I couldn't pull of that light side, it's too blue for me and it'll probably look dead on my eyes. The one in Ramatuelle is more of a neutral gray based, and it's subtle in a good way (for me, at least). I don't have anything close to this color, which is why I decided to get Ramatuelle.

Btw, I realized the reason why it creased was because I uses MAC 217 to apply the peach/silver on my lids. Somehow it doesn't adhere so well like that. Now I'm using 239 and that seems to have solved the problem. (Both times I used NARS' eyeshadow primer).

MarieMary

Thank you all for the swatches and impressions. It's very helpful! :)
Does anyone plan on getting some of the Thakoon nail polishes? I've read great reviews, but I'm curious about what you think about them. ;)

Shadowy Lady

Thank you all for the swatches and impressions. It's very helpful! :)
Does anyone plan on getting some of the Thakoon nail polishes? I've read great reviews, but I'm curious about what you think about them. ;)
I'm planing on getting two of the Takhoon polishes when they're released here in Canada

shontay07108

Just wanna say about the blush: I've had no problems with it. Read a review on a popular blog that said it's difficult to blend or more difficult than the usual Nars blush. Not the case for me. It was on par with all other Nars blushes from what I can tell. I didn't need to use a lot at all. It's so beautiful and the unusual color makes it really wearable with different lip colors. So versatile.

cutemiauw

Just wanna say about the blush: I've had no problems with it. Read a review on a popular blog that said it's difficult to blend or more difficult than the usual Nars blush. Not the case for me. It was on par with all other Nars blushes from what I can tell. I didn't need to use a lot at all. It's so beautiful and the unusual color makes it really wearable with different lip colors. So versatile.
Ah, you're making me want to check the blush again, Shontay! I chose not to get the blush when I ordered online (we have no Nars counter in Germany). But I'll remember to do this when I'm in France :). Thanks!

MarieMary

Ah, you're making me want to check the blush again, Shontay! I chose not to get the blush when I ordered online (we have no Nars counter in Germany). But I'll remember to do this when I'm in France :). Thanks!
If you don't mind me asking, where in France are you going? If it's Paris, I can recommend a few places to get NARS. :)

Piarpreet

No discount codes? :( sierra expired (obviously) and I really wanna get liberte (and nico and oasis and ita brush lol)

Shadowy Lady

I got to swatch this yesterday and I wouldn't say either of the lighter colours are very blue-based. The silver is cooler by comparison, but very neutral. The middle shade is a creamy light gold. I guess they are somewhat similar, but I definitely think that the Nars formula is way better. (I'm not crazy about Mineralize shadows.)

FYI- The colour payoff on the trio is incredible. All three shades are soft and rich and blendable and pigmented. Marie-Galante is REALLY sheer. I found it difficult to swatch at first, although the colour does layer fairly easily. I feel like this is a completely different type of finish for Nars- I've not really seen anything like it before. I think they should maybe have called it out as something different, so that people wouldn't have judged it by the standards of "normal" shadows.

I am completely, 100% in love with Vendanges. It's brown, but definitely has some plum to it. I think it's a perfect sultry summer night colour!

Holt Renfrew had them this afternoon when I was there! The light aqua and the purple are really, really beautiful.
You're making me totally rethink my decision on duo vs trio. Now I feel like I should get the trio and skip the duo. Anyway the trio is the LE one so perhaps I should get that first. Thank you for your mini review and info about Holts :)

Ingenue

Here Shadowy Lady... let me make it worse for you
lol.gif
:

I love the trio. I was surprised by how soft and smooth the colors are.

Shadowy Lady

hahahah you did make it worse, the colours look sorta translucent which I've really been into lately (bold lips, translucent light eyes).

You have amazing skills and everything looks great on you...but I still have added the trio to my list. Hoping I like it as much :D

Ingenue

Awww.. thank you!

I think you'll like it. The darkest color is matte, but it works very well with the other two. I was impressed with the 'jelly' finish of these shadows... they just glide on and glow.

Ingenue

Thanks Monsy! I really didn't think the palette was going to work on my warm skin tone, but it does... very well.

cutemiauw

I love it!! I was just about to share your blog link, but you posted it here already :).

I love the trio too, I have been wearing it almost everyday since I got it! It makes such a fresh combination and it's warm but not too warm (thanks to the silver!). I think the apricot color does an awesome job of tying the peach/silver color together, imo.

Latest posts