NARS Summer 2012

Aquamarine1543

Please let me know how the texture of the trio is when you post a swatch.:)
If the texture isn't good as you said, I'll skip it and then just wait for the next collection.

Monsy

texture is not that bad but my problem is that two lighter shades when applied on the lid look too similar, they blend in one light shade. i will have to try it on my eye again today. third shade does look orange, or at least dark apricot but it is nicely pigmented.

i was really excited about this collection but i hate when i have to make product work. i want something that looks good in one swipe i do not want to layer one product over another and spend tons of time on it

Dominique33

" Marie-Galante " has nothing to do with " Arabian Nights " trio. The trio was really dark ( very dark, too dark ), Marie-Galante is much lighter, maybe a bit too light ( pigments are ok though ). Both colours are great, for a summer look i's close to perfection. You might need a primer of course ( I don't use a lot except if I go out at night, I have very sensitive eyes so I often react, for example very pigmented quads from Cargo are beautiful but I wear them occasionally I must say ). The textures are quite good, both duo and trio, of course I am a huge fan of NARS but I also use many other brands.

cutemiauw

I actually would think of the matte shade as like a nice, more subtle and wearable version of MAC Saffron... there's definitely some red to it.

left to right : MAC Saffron, Ramatuelle (matte), MAC Paparazz-she, MAC Style Predator (from Leopard Luxe quad). Those are the only orange-ish shades I have. Saffron does look too red on me and I have to use it with care or I'd look like I've cried.

Oh, the peach shade didn't crease on me anymore (and I wore it all day) but apparently I have to really take care that I put the base throughout my lid. Not what I've expected from the texture. But overall I do love the subtle look of the color... yesterday was our anniversary date, and hubs kept saying I looked pretty, so I said job well done
amuse.gif

Never Say Never is definitely an easy pick if you want something from this collection. I think I like it more and more :D.

Miss QQ

^^ Thanks! great swatches! I think I will pass the duo, since the blue isn't unique. I get what you mean about the two lighter shades in the trio looking similar on the lids. I'm about NC20 like you, I have to think about it some more. Astrid - Thanks for the swatch! I don't have any of the colours. Do the two lighter shades in the trio look similar on your lids, like they blend into one colour? I feel tempted to get Never Say Never, but I don't like sharpening it after my Sex Machine got eaten up while sharpening, though that was with a lousy sharpener.

Aquamarine1543

@ Monsy: Thanks for the swatches! :)
I think I have to pass the duo since I have Okinawa trio which is quite simlar (maybe little darker) to the blue shade.
But I can't decide whether I'll get the trio because it looks quite nice based on your swatches! I should think about it more.

Monsy

here is the trio. i applied it really quick just to show you the colors.
i did primer first, peachy middle shade all over the eyelid, darker peachy outer V and crease and lightest one as highlight under the brow and little bit in the inner corner

Prettypackages

pretty... you make me want it.
i did primer first, peachy middle shade all over the eyelid, darker peachy outer V and crease and lightest one as highlight under the brow and little bit in the inner corner

cutemiauw

MissQQ- I think it does, yes. Looking quite similar, at least not as obvious as in Monsy's picture (pretty!). But when I put the silver under the eyes, I could totally see it's a silver. I like it because it's not too cool, and it has a brightening effect on the eyes. I think it's a good trio to to bring on a long weekend trip on summer :).

Aquamarine1543

The first and second shades look fabulous! I like those kind of colors.
The third shade of the trio looks like pinky-peach on your eyes rather than apricot/orange!

Miss QQ

Astrid - thanks. I know, most silver are very cool and frosty, this one looks soft and pretty. Monsy - thanks for the eye looks, they are very helpful. The third shade looks like a pinky peach to me too, could be my monitor though.

sss215

I have been stalking Sephora for a few days now, waiting for them to update the display to summer. I might have to break down and order Liberte online or stop by a Nars counter even though I have a Sephora store only credit. I feel like Liberte is going to be a hot item.

WhatWouldJoanDo

I think the duo and trio look fantastic in your swatches and examples Monsy - thank you. It's a a great example of how they look lightly applied for a easy Summer day and the other examples on the web also show how the colours are build-able if one has the time to create more dramatic looks. Love the versatility - especially MG - I imagine it looks awesome over the new purple eyeshadow pencil.

honybr

I have been stalking Sephora for a few days now, waiting for them to update the display to summer. I might have to break down and order Liberte online or stop by a Nars counter even though I have a Sephora store only credit. I feel like Liberte is going to be a hot item.
You may already know this, but it's up on Sephora now. Go get your Liberte!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks for the swatches, Monsy! I think I am going to go for MG. It does look like a very different texture (I sort of wish Nars had given it a different name, to distinguish it), but I don't have anything like it. So that, Vendanges and maybe Moscow- although the last thing I need is another red lipstick!!!

Latest posts