NARS Summer 2012

Almus

Ingenue that's a gorgeous impeccable look as always, thanks for sharing! I like the colors in the trio a lot but I am afraid I won't be able to make that apricot shade work for me. I have never been good applying oranges on my eyes ...

sss215

Just wanna say about the blush: I've had no problems with it. Read a review on a popular blog that said it's difficult to blend or more difficult than the usual Nars blush. Not the case for me. It was on par with all other Nars blushes from what I can tell. I didn't need to use a lot at all. It's so beautiful and the unusual color makes it really wearable with different lip colors. So versatile.
Liberte? No problems either.

Anneri

Me neither, and I want to stress that I'm NC 20 - this blush can also be worn by the fair beautifully!

Ingenue

Thanks everyone! Glad I could enable... errr HELP you!
lol.gif

NARS Thakoon Polishes are up on the site:

http://www.narscosmetics.com/

shontay07108

Liberte?  No problems either.  
Yup. That's the one. I swatched the shadow trio last night. I really like the matte color, but it's not something I need. I have similar colors. Surprisingly nice, though. What wasn't nice was the shadow duo. Glittery and sheer. Yikes. Not all that unique either. The nail polishes looked pretty on display. All of those bright, Summery colors. I almost bought the yellow, but I don't feel like putting in the work to make a yellow nail polish look right. Anyone who has played with enough yellow polishes know it's a challenge.

Shadowy Lady

The nail polishes looked pretty on display. All of those bright, Summery colors. I almost bought the yellow, but I don't feel like putting in the work to make a yellow nail polish look right. Anyone who has played with enough yellow polishes know it's a challenge.
Yep! They're usually thicker and gooppier than other shades for some reasons, plus I have a hard time with yellows coz of my pink/red undertones. Yellow usually makes my hands look like lobster claws in redness :/

Still the yellow polish (Amchoor) has got amazing reviews on Scrangie and some other sites so I'm gonna give it a try. I've been looking for a yellow with great formula that suits me forever :)

Ingenue

I'm Lal Mirchi all the way. I ordered that and a multiples duo (for the free shipping).

I think I'm going to order them all for my friend's birthday present. She LOVES brightly colored polishes, and these are right up her alley.

Monsy

this might work for free shipping with 25$ purchase
Free shipping on $25+ orders with code 25FREESHIP

Anneri

Yes, I got it! I also got the Duo (I posted swatches in the swatch thread) and Moscow - and Lhasa from the old collection. Love Lhasa, love the blush, love Moscow - haven't played with the duo yet.
To much work at the new job - in the morning I've absolutely no time for extensive MU now...

cutemiauw

Now I'm scared of going to the Nars counter. LOL. Just kidding. I think I'll probably get the blush (you definitely tempt me to it)... and maybe some more lippies. And bronzer :D.

Moscow would come in handy then, if you've no time for extensive MU :p.

Anneri

Yeah, exactly! That's my go-to look lately - some paint pot and liner on the eyes, blush and either red or coral lips. Love Moscow for this type of look! And Liberte looks good paired with it, too!

Miss QQ

^^ Did you get the trio? So you love Moscow and Liberte? What brush do you use to apply Liberte? We have almost the same colouring, and I want Moscow, but think I can't pull off Liberte.

Anneri

No, I didn't get the trio, unfortunately. You'll love Moscow!
I think you can pull of Liberte. I use MAC's 187, and just swirl it lightly over it. Then I brush it lightly over my cheeks and voila! Have a look at Cafe Makeup, even Liz can pull it off and she's lighter than both of us.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Yes, I got it! I also got the Duo (I posted swatches in the swatch thread) and Moscow - and Lhasa from the old collection. Love Lhasa, love the blush, love Moscow - haven't played with the duo yet.
To much work at the new job - in the morning I've absolutely no time for extensive MU now...
I hope the new job is enjoyable, at least. How do you find working with the duo? I noticed that the more the tester is swatched (by people using their fingers), the worse it gets. I saw one tester yesterday and I couldn't get ANY colour from it. It had been sort of compressed to the point where it wasn't really powder any more... I'm still a bit tempted by it and I'm thinking it would actually perform better with a brush than the swatches would let on. Of course, that might be wishful thinking.

Anneri

Thanks for asking Kate (btw, I'm a lurker on your blog and absolutely love it!)! The job is interesting, to say at least, and unbelievably demanding. It never gets dull, though! *g*

I haven't used the duo yet but plan to do so tomorrow. Untill now I have only swatched it (there are some swatches in the swatch thread, and that was quite disheartening. I'll definately try it over a colored base and some glitter glue and go from there. I didn't have the chance to swatch them instore and am not sure if I had bought them if I had and would have gone for the trio. Anyways, I'm determined to make it work! *g*