New Palette coming/per Redbook August 11' issue (PIC)+

2browneyes

So, according to MUFE via their facebook pg the palette is available in the US.....just where in the US is my next question because I can't seem to find a single Sephora that has it in stock and the site still has it as coming soon smh

UrbanSweetheart

So, according to MUFE via their facebook pg the palette is available in the US.....just where in the US is my next question because I can't seem to find a single Sephora that has it in stock and the site still has it as coming soon smh
I checked a Sephora store this weekend..they had none! MUFE is pulling our legs here...lol

shontay07108

I'm willing to bet my entire stash that it's at the NY boutique. If I really wanted it, I wouldn't taken a trip over there. Sephora showed it's hand too early. People will still buy it, though.

2browneyes

I agree Shontay. It has to be at the Boutique up there but there's no way I'm traveling up there for one palette. That's insane! Sephora made a mess for themselves in posting that palette so early. When I talked to the rep the other day she sounded like she'd been thru a million phone calls re the palette that day lol Oh well.....

shontay07108

I agree Shontay. It has to be at the Boutique up there but there's no way I'm traveling up there for one palette. That's insane! Sephora made a mess for themselves in posting that palette so early. When I talked to the rep the other day she sounded like she'd been thru a million phone calls re the palette that day lol Oh well.....
The boutique actually mails products. I'm sure they can have it to you before Sephora gets it in stock(at the rate they're going). I forgot how much shipping is, but I'm sure it can't be any worse than the average department store(probably less). Just google the boutique phone number if you like.

EngineerBarbie

Dropped into one of my Sephora's today. The SA told me she has no idea why the palettes haven't come in yet. The display just looks so lonely without it.

Miss QQ

The display for the other parts of the collection is up? What else does the collection have, other than the mascaras and the eyeshadow palette? Yeah the palette should be the star so the display must be looking funny without it.

2browneyes

The display looks a ridiculous mess without it! I mean, there's this gorgeous pic of the model wearing the smoky look, the eyeliners r there, the mascara is there and there's an empty palette sized space. SMH

shellygrrl

Staff member
The display for the other parts of the collection is up? What else does the collection have, other than the mascaras and the eyeshadow palette? Yeah the palette should be the star so the display must be looking funny without it.
Palette, coloured Smoky Lash mascaras, and Kohl Pencils (same colours as the mascaras). http://www.makeupforever.com/products/

apocalypgloss

I feel sorry for the store staff at Sephora because I know that they would LOVE to sell these palettes to everyone who is asking about them if they could. It is just like they can almost taste but can't quite have that revenue for their store/dollars towards their quota. It has to frustrate them, too. Everyone be extra sweet to your Sephora folks if you are going in looking for the palette
th_ymca.gif

SatelliteDrmr

Has anyone gone to Sephora for the MUFE event this weekend? I hear some stores have MUFE artists, and they're doing smoky eyes on people. If you buy 2 MUFE products, you get a free, limited edition tote bag.

If anyone has the bag, I'd love to see a pic of it. I'm telling myself that it's just a canvas shopping bag, so that I don't have the urge to go shopping. I overdid it a little bit this past week.
angelic.gif

Edited to add: The new Sephora in my city opened yesterday, and they had the smoky palette on display. I didn't notice if they had them for sale yet, though. It's okay, but smaller than I expected. Smaller than a KVD palette.. I'm going to pass on it. It's a nice combination of colours, and great for someone that's just getting into makeup. However, the colours are pretty basic. Anyone that has a good array of shadows will likely have dupes of almost every colour.

shontay07108

I don't think my Sephora has a Mufe event. Especially since the storm is kicking in now. I am also curious as to how the bag looks. I'm totally jealous. I know when I went shopping at the mufe boutique, they gave me a black canvas bag with the Mufe logo. I loved it and carried it for some time. It's really big, which I like. Don't ask me where it is now, though. :lol: I'm passing on the palette, too. I don't have any use for the white or black shades. Plus, I own a couple of the colors included or at least similar ones to Mufe. I wish they had done new shades, but I guess this is a less expensive way to dive into their shadows for newer fans.

Mabelle

I'm willing to bet my entire stash that it's at the NY boutique. If I really wanted it, I wouldn't taken a trip over there. Sephora showed it's hand too early. People will still buy it, though.
As Far as I know, The Palette is a Sephora exclusive, and is not available even at their Proloft or boutique. Our MUFE trainer told me this.
As for the Issue with the palette, i know that in cananda is was detained at customs. It had something to do with the fact that the eyeshadows were rectangular and not their regular cirular form. Something about how it might not be the regular product advertised....
Anyway, the head of MUFE canada had to buy out a HUGE amount from France (out of his walette) and send them to all the stores in canada. I think we only got 10-15. We were allowed to place 2 on the gondola, and then, because we were having a "Smoky eye/Exclusivity" Event, we had to keep the rest backstage for said event. Thursday, i believe, we finally got those that were detained at customs.

Anyway, im not sure if there is a similar situation going with the U.S, but as far as i know, the palette is only available at Sephoras. And no, this is not an attempt to increase hype.

Honestly, i don;t even care for the palette. I think the purple they chose is too muddy, the green is just ok. The only real smokey eye look i ended up liking was with the copper. And the bag was a little leather pouch (all black) that could open into a bag.

SatelliteDrmr

Wow, that's really interesting re: customs.

I'm in Ottawa, and there's 2 Sephora stores here. The brand new one is not having the MUFE event, but the older one is. I saw the palette at the new store. I'm assuming the older store has it, as they are having the event.

Thanks for describing the bag, it definitely sounds like something I can pass on.
smiles.gif

shontay07108

As Far as I know, The Palette is a Sephora exclusive, and is not available even at their Proloft or boutique. Our MUFE trainer told me this.
As for the Issue with the palette, i know that in cananda is was detained at customs. It had something to do with the fact that the eyeshadows were rectangular and not their regular cirular form. Something about how it might not be the regular product advertised.... 
Anyway, the head of MUFE canada had to buy out a HUGE amount from France (out of his walette) and send them to all the stores in canada. I think we only got 10-15. We were allowed to place 2 on the gondola, and then, because we were having a "Smoky eye/Exclusivity" Event, we had to keep the rest backstage for said event. Thursday, i believe, we finally got those that were detained at customs. 

Anyway, im not sure if there is a similar situation going with the U.S, but as far as i know, the palette is only available at Sephoras. And no, this is not an attempt to increase hype.

Honestly, i don;t even care for the palette. I think the purple they chose is too muddy, the green is just ok. The only real smokey eye look i ended up liking was with the copper. And the bag was a little leather pouch (all black) that could open into a bag. 

Strange. I agree with you on the purple. The green, I love though. It's better on the eye than swatched. The rest of the colors do nothing for me. Oh well, hopefully it'll come in soon for those who want it.

mac_aiken

Ironic that you should mention the KVD palette. The manager @ the Sephora store I go to says the packaging for the MUFE is identical to the KVD line. When I rolled my eyes a bit and asked why she said that it is because Sephora had a huge say in packaging for this.

Has anyone gone to Sephora for the MUFE event this weekend? I hear some stores have MUFE artists, and they're doing smoky eyes on people. If you buy 2 MUFE products, you get a free, limited edition tote bag.

If anyone has the bag, I'd love to see a pic of it. I'm telling myself that it's just a canvas shopping bag, so that I don't have the urge to go shopping. I overdid it a little bit this past week.
angelic.gif

Edited to add: The new Sephora in my city opened yesterday, and they had the smoky palette on display. I didn't notice if they had them for sale yet, though. It's okay, but smaller than I expected. Smaller than a KVD palette.. I'm going to pass on it. It's a nice combination of colours, and great for someone that's just getting into makeup. However, the colours are pretty basic. Anyone that has a good array of shadows will likely have dupes of almost every colour.

Shadowy Lady

I'm in Ottawa too, yey :D I went to the Sephora in Bayshore today and saw this palette and swatched it. Honestly, it doesn't do much for me, a bit boring. I ended up spending my money on Nars and got another Aqua Cream too (shade #2)

Mabelle

It;s True, because the palette was made for Sephora.
I remember a few months ago my Trainer asked me to take a tour of the store with her. She was snapping pictures of all kinds of palettes. Different designs. She said MUFE wasn't used to making pre packaged palettes, and wanted to see other companies that sold them, and what were pros and cons were to each.

In the end we decided that KVD and Too Face made the most successful palettes (at the time we didnt carry UD) KVD was small, sleek, and easy to transport. Bonus that it came with a little brush. Too Face's big plus was the mini tutorials that came with them. It's cons were it was made of cardboard and too chunky. I guess they liked the look of the KVD best, and i believe there is a little paper on how to do the MUFE smokey eye inside.

BTW there is going to be a repackaging on KVD lipsticks. NO CREAM SHADOWS ANYMORE!!! You asked and Sephora listened!!! Also, they are going to start to switch them over to tin packaging. They will look like embossed, antique tin cigarette cases. They will now include an eyeliner, not the brushes. We shoudl start seeing this around xmas time i believe.