• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

One palette - one brush - one tutorial

magi

I reaceived the SMOKED EYES PALETTE and decited to share my first look using it wit you. My idea was to make soething special and I decited to reconstruct a vacation-situation. No additorial brushes for the eye make up. The whole look is made with the small, tiny, minimini SE-brush, that is included in the palette. So here we go...

Started with usual foundation (everyone has an own ritual)... I also take eye shadow base... Then used for entire lid the MALT e/s, the lightest shade int he palette

494677042_c64836850d_o.gif

494676394_11ef6e1b0f_o.jpg

Then I applied VES as Highligter just below the brow. I will use it later for blending too...

494676444_fea42a2dc4_o.jpg

Now stard defining: take the middle shade SATIN TAUPE and apply it in the crease - just along the bone. I make it always from outer to inner corner... Be generous and apply it quite high

494716507_339d3d549f_o.gif

494676462_316f513b5d_o.jpg

So we can apply something darker on top: GENTLE FUMEis a mid grey with shimmer. I applied it also in the crease, but a bit lower as the shade underneath, so we get a well blended look :-D

494716509_bf45b32280_o.gif

And now the allrounder: BLACK TIED. First in the oter angle of the lid...

494709515_b64af9da04_o.jpg

...and then a bit at the beginning of the outer corner, so it slides into the GENTLE FUME... Then I dip the brush horizontally into BLACK TIED and apply it along lash line...

494676502_4d51815c34_o.jpg

I love the DUOCHROME shades on my lower lid - so take the CLUB for this purpose...

494709553_3922f8be23_o.jpg

And now, as promised, the VEX again. Apply it along the sharp line of the dark eye shadows and blend it well...

494676566_fd13af83d5_o.jpg

Some khol in the waterline - I used agnés b. "black" - and mascara by BENEFIT...

494709603_a846ee1671_o.jpg

FINISHED!!!! Ah, not really. The look is quite dark, so Iprefer to keep everything else bit discreet. Used only bit PEARL BLOSSOM beautybowder on my cheeks :-D

smo01.jpg

smo02.jpg

smo03.jpg

gracetre123

woww magi...that must be one of the best tut I eve seen!! thanks and please keep posting...and I think I have to get that palette...heheh...you did a wonderful job...

hermes

wow!!this is exactly what i needed as I am new to makeup.what would be a good all-in-one palette for a nc 40-ish skintone?

Caderas

you are defenitely one of the top tutorial people to go to! you're freakin' wonderful darling. don't quit your job, haha.
greengrin.gif

magi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes
wow!!this is exactly what i needed as I am new to makeup.what would be a good all-in-one palette for a nc 40-ish skintone?

I think the colors in the palette are the best basic colection, as the colors can be used for nude looks and even for a bit darker. And you can combine them to almost every other more colorful eye shadows too... I don´t know if you need the whole palette. Most of the colors are available seperately. So maybe MALT is not really the right choice for you, but it depends on how you gonna use it. Try the shades at MAC if you can and then you can try to get the palette, if you like them. But I love the palette....

magi

THAAAAANK YOOOOU :-D I have made this tut accidentally, as I made swatches for a gal and then the camara already stands in the bath so I decited to make a quick-tut :-D When I starded extreme-MAC-ing, I was always bit confused by all the brushes in the tutorials - I only had two or three, nothing special and had the feeling, that I could not get a nice look without min. 10 brushes. Wanted to show to all newbies, that it IS possible with a simple brush to get a nice look. And I love the PALETTE. I LOOOOVE IT.

Brianne333

Thank you ma'am! Once again, I love your tutorials, and this one even more for being simple and keeping the tools to a minimum!

juicyaddict

this is lovely and well done! now i have to get satin taupe, i've been trying to convince myself i don't need it.