OPI Nail polish

Bybs

I use OPI exclusively. I've found them the best for durability and colour selection.

Aevalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
OPI costs like $7 max per bottle. I don't know where you would get it for over that

It's more than that in Canada but not hugely more - a dollar or two I guess. I get mine on Ebay. I figure if I can get the polish for around 2 or 3 (which I usually can with persistance) and pay around $3 for shipping, it's less than buying it in the store, and about the same price also other middle range polishes that I like.

I've been investigating Essie and China Glaze, but haven't purchased any yet!

OH my favourite OPI colours are Have a Tempura Tan-trum and Gone Platinum in 60 Seconds.

L0VELY

I've heard good things about OPI, and one of my friends collects them. I haven't tried OPI yet, but I'm willing to try it out, since it's $10 compared to a $12 MAC nail lacquer. But if OPI is too expensive, then there are cheaper brands, like Mistella said... because nailpolish really is just nailpolish.
=)

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
OPI costs like $7 max per bottle. I don't know where you would get it for over that

Its £10 here in the UK, which is what, over $20...

Bybs

Depending on the place of purchase OPI costs between $20 - $25 in Australia
ssad.gif

Beauty Mark

But for the person claiming it was $21, she lists her location as Charlotte, NC. Unless there's another one in the world somewhere, it's a US person.

NicksWifey

I love OPI polishes, but the newer versions with the pro wide brush or whatever it's called are AMAZING. So much better than the brush before!

justanothergirl

I love Opi Nail polishes, but if you honestly can't afford to fork over $7+ for a nailpolish bottle, try drug store brands instead. Sally Hansen has a wide range of colors.

thewickedstyle

http://www.head2toebeauty.com/

http://www.8ty8beauty.com/nail_polishes/opi.htm

These are the best places to order OPI. I do not know there shipping policies or locations, but pls check because they have the best prices.

Salons that use OPI will often have a basket or shelf of discounted polishes for sale. Other places will have some "in the back" if you ask.

In the US, chain places like Trade Secret often have 2 for 1 discounts, or special deals. They also have a style club or something with a card you swipe each time you shop.

I'm a huge OPI whore (I have probably 40 bottles) and it's my favorite brand. There are others I also like, but IMO OPI is the best there is.

thewickedstyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nibjet
I only use OPI. I have my nails in water all the time being a stylist, and they stay on pretty well, all things considering.

My absolute favorites are Lincoln Park After Dark, I'm Not Really a Waitress, and La Boheme.

Great taste!!! These are my faves as well. I also like the newer Lincoln Park After Midnight.

redambition

Opi = love for me.

i used to use mostly revlon nail polish, and OPI blew me away when i tried it. the texture and drying time kicked revlon's booty.. and there's so many more colours!

i find that OPI goes on a lot better than a lot of cheapie nail polishes, and it dries fast.

curlygirl45

I personally prefer China Glaze over OPI and others and it's usually cheaper than OPI or Essie and they have great color selections. My all-time favorite China Glaze is 'Flirty Femininity'.

thebreat

OPI is popular because they have a great marketing strategy and wide color selection. I like the nail polishes ok. I have a few. I greatly prefer Mary Kay and Estee Lauder nail polishes though. They stay on much longer than OPI.

ilovexnerdsx

i agree with you and no it's not weird that you don't have a ton of money to waste on nail polish. we all have to pick and choose what to spoil ourselves with
smiles.gif

i don't have any colored OPI polish but i do have the top coat. i find that if i use a decent quality inexpensive drugstore nailpolish, and top it off with OPI's top coat, it will last a gooooooooddd long time.

so my advice is to invest in an OPI top coat, then find a drugstore brand of polish you like so you can make it last for a good while.

MsCocoa

I love OPI with a passion especially the Nail Envy, I think they're worth and the pro brush just took the up a few more notches; I do cheat on OPI for Essie Wicked though and their soft, sheer neutral shades tempt me but other than that OPI for life!

http://uk.beverlybeaute.com/good.php?code=01 OPI for £5 for the UK girls, 8ty8 beauty is really good but the shipping would probably make it pointless unless you're buying loads, here the shipping is £5 flat rate.

EDIT:
I never paid full price for any OPI unless in the US!

ShexyKristin

I love OPI it's the main nail polish that I use.
smiles.gif
I just got a new one today infact.
winks.gif
The ChipSkip product by them is also good I've heard. You should try them, I'm sure you'll fall in love with OPI!
greengrin.gif

glam8babe

i love O.P.I i got myself a manicure gift set from asos.com last year and whenever i do a pedi it lasts for MONTHS! and when i do manis it lasts for weeks and doesnt chip. Im gonna get myself some nice colours soon though i love them!