Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLeeMakeup

Personally I stick with Essie. I am a loyal essie person
smiles.gif

I love both OPI and Essie. OPI for bold colours and Essoe for softer ones
smiles.gif

CandiGirl21

I just bought my first OPI nail polish and It DOES go on smoothly and all you really need is two coats. I think OPI has me hooked on mail polish for now. lol I used to not care about nails until this brand.

I'm looking to get Nicole by OPI it's a little cheaper and I heard it works just as well!

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiGirl21
I just bought my first OPI nail polish and It DOES go on smoothly and all you really need is two coats. I think OPI has me hooked on mail polish for now. lol I used to not care about nails until this brand.

I'm looking to get Nicole by OPI it's a little cheaper and I heard it works just as well!

i like nicole by opi, but you can find regular opi for the same price as the nicole sometimes. either way, it's still pretty good.
smiles.gif

I love, love OPI! I have Tasmanian devil made me do it, Ink, DS Design, Can you dig it and Louvre me, Louvre me not. I love them all except DS design which is to shimmery and makes my hands look dirty.

BEA2LS

i'm starting to love OPI more and more. i love essie still, don't get me wrong but it's starting to chip more on me (probably my nail envy causing it but still..)
i love china glaze's colors better than OPI but the brush is amazing!

NatalieMT

I only recently started buying from OPI, but I already am in love. <3 My first haul included -

Japanese Rose Garden
You Rock Acapulco Red
Party In My Cabana
Passion
Coney Island Cotton Candy

I also got the RapiDry Top Coat. Can anyone recommend me an OPI shade that's matte pale lilac and then also a shade that's a baby blue?

LMD84

i used to have lots of opi polishes however stupidly got rid of them all about 3 years ago! i remember particularly loving the legally blonde collection - there was a pearly colour, red and a really light gold if i remember rightly.

now i'm getting back into my nails i'm into china glaze! i will buy more opi at some point but for now china glaze is rocking my nails!

kittykit

I like OPI but China Glaze is now my most favourite. OPI is kinda expensive here, $15.50 for one polish (after currency conversion). I'll definitely get them online.

kimmy

i just started using opi and i love it. i used to not do my nails very often once i got rid of my acrylics because everything would chip on me (my job is very manual labour intensive) and end up looking crappy after my first day at work with them done.

i bought opi base coat, top coat and sweetheart and midnight in moscow nail polishes a couple weeks ago to try them out after reading about opi online. i didn't expect much, but i'm super impressed. i prepped my nails with a basic manicure and then used the base coat followed by sweetheart finished with the top coat and it lasted me an entire week without chipping. probably could have lasted longer, but i bought italian love affair after seeing a swatch here and i wanted to try that on instead.
smiles.gif

i'm really happy with how opaque the colours are, you only have to do one (maybe two) coats to get the colour to show up on your nails the way it does in the bottle, which is a big deal for me. it applies very evenly, too. i don't have the steadiest hand in the world, so i love a nail polish that doesn't streak. i use pure acetone to clean up my little mistakes around the edges and cuticles, and it looks like they've been done professionally.
greengrin.gif

xladydragon

I loved how OPI isn't streaky, like other lower end nail polishes I have. But it seems like they take ALOT longer to dry.
I get my OPI polishes for $5. A little cheaper than normal at Asian salon supply stores. >_>

Shadowy Lady

Ok, after using China Glaze for a while now, I still say that I personally prefer OPI. China Glaze does have more colour selection, but OPI applies better, dries faster and chips later on me. The only China Glaze collection that had these qualities for me was the mettalic one that came out for spring. I wish all their polishes were like that.

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowy Lady
Ok, after using China Glaze for a while now, I still say that I personally prefer OPI. China Glaze does have more colour selection, but OPI applies better, dries faster and chips later on me. The only China Glaze collection that had these qualities for me was the mettalic one that came out for spring. I wish all their polishes were like that.

i really tried to make china glaze my number 1 (essie still has my heart lol) because their color collection is awesome! i have not been too happy with OPI colors lately
ssad.gif
(I like them but i have so much nail polish i really need some stand out stuff! ironic because i like essie and they can get boring)
but i agree, OPI does last the longest one me.. and i really like the wide brush

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEA2LS
i really tried to make china glaze my number 1 (essie still has my heart lol) because their color collection is awesome! i have not been too happy with OPI colors lately
ssad.gif
(I like them but i have so much nail polish i really need some stand out stuff! ironic because i like essie and they can get boring)
but i agree, OPI does last the longest one me.. and i really like the wide brush

Yeah Essie also applies better for me than ChG. I liked the blue collection they did recently. If they made their brushes wider I would be very happy
yes.gif

Latest posts