Porcelain Beauties: Rants and Raves for foundations

ladyjamire

has anyone here ever found a lancome foundation thats at least nc15 if not lighter i love there foundations i just find even there lighten shades seem so dark and orange :(

breatheonbeat

i know what you mean... i got a sample of the lightest liquid (can't remember what) and it was still too dark.. but it was the nicest foundation i've worn so far. it covered well, wasn't cakey, and didn't get all weird and patchy (which happens to me a lot? regardless of what i use as a primer or powder over)

i want to say it was teint miracle... it almost matched me and i am MUCH lighter than nc15... -_-

i'm going to edit this in a sec and upload you a pic of me in nc15 foundation and then swatches of the lancome.

i believe it is teint idol ultra in 100 ivoire n.

ladyjamire

i believe it is teint idol ultra in 100 ivoire n.
I have the exact same one, it is probably the best foundation i have ever tried as well it is amazing i have a whole bottle and i wore it when i went on holiday as i had a "tan" lmao my tan is the lightest shade the shame. But my skin looked amazing i still have most the bottle left and it makes me depressed looking at it :( sometimes i mix it with mac face and body in white though.

breatheonbeat

okay here are some comparisons for you.
i dont own any nc15 products, but i have pics of it on so you can judge.

lancome vs l'oreal true match w1

lancome swatched on face.
excuse the bumps... i had an allergic reaction to something. another perk of being fair skinned and sensitive lol.

reaaallly awkward nc15 on face hahah

another bad nc15 pic

breatheonbeat

I have the exact same one, it is probably the best foundation i have ever tried as well it is amazing i have a whole bottle and i wore it when i went on holiday as i had a "tan" lmao my tan is the lightest shade the shame. But my skin looked amazing i still have most the bottle left and it makes me depressed looking at it :( sometimes i mix it with mac face and body in white though.
what country are you in? i was under the impression that europe or asia has a lighter shade, but i could be wrong. they may just label the shades differently. i asked lancome cs and they told me i could not obtain the shade; there was nothing i could do. meh

edit: it was europe - it comes in 005 beige ivoire, which i may have found swatches of that promised it'd be lighter? dunno.

ladyjamire

I'm from the uk, Thank you for the help and the pictures think i am going to go try the teint miracle tomorrow haha supposed to not be buying any beauty items for a while :( but tooo hard.

ladyjamire

Also the weird and patchy thing happens to me too with foundations especially drugstore ones, that was why i originally got into high end makeup trying to find a foundation which didn't, I always just assumed it was my dry skin is yours dry?

breatheonbeat

awww you look adorable on your pictures! see yours looks much lighter than mine i think mine might be the lancome ultra 24 hr so maybe the lightest shade is lighter in the teint miracle it does look much dark for you, you must be so fair
here a european one from someone else, swatched next to the l'oreal i swatched next to

maybe i'll have someone in the uk cp. hahaha

i am not totally sure which mine is, so try the other kinds in store for sure!

yeah i am super fair :/ :x lolol. i quite like it- i think it suits my hair etc, but the problem is nothing matches and every blemish is crazy red!

breatheonbeat

no! it isn't dry- i don't understand why it happens. i'm really oily! sometimes it'll look okay and then the powder makes it patchy? regardless of the powder. ughughuhg

ladyjamire

yeah i am super fair :/ :x lolol. i quite like it- i think it suits my hair etc, but the problem is nothing matches and every blemish is crazy red!
The loreal one looks so much lighter there i have that and i find it so dark and orange. Same about the blemishes, actually hate it every time you get a spot leaves a bright red mark for about a year and you wouldn't even notice it on any other skintone, just makes your skin look so much worse than it is

breatheonbeat

The loreal one looks so much lighter there i have that and i find it so dark and orange. Same about the blemishes, actually hate it every time you get a spot leaves a bright red mark for about a year and you wouldn't even notice it on any other skintone, just makes your skin look so much worse than it is
i wonder if the colors are different country to country?? the loreal is off on my face. i can't place it... that's not my hand just fyi!

it's the worst with blemishes! and this allergic reaction was to the aphrodite's shell bronzer. i am so sad i can't use it, but even more sad its taking the E 3 formation of bumps and red all over the bronzer areas forever to heal!

ladyjamire

no! it isn't dry- i don't understand why it happens. i'm really oily! sometimes it'll look okay and then the powder makes it patchy? regardless of the powder. ughughuhg
that is weird ive never heard of that on oily skin, I always find that exfoliating like using the exfoliating masks helps when my makeup keeps going like that but dry patches etc don't seem to be your problem. The glamglow youthmud mask and then applying the lancome teint idole after is probably the most amazing my foundation has ever looked felt like a celeb haha.

ladyjamire

it's the worst with blemishes! and this allergic reaction was to the aphrodite's shell bronzer. i am so sad i can't use it, but even more sad its taking the E 3 formation of bumps and red all over the bronzer areas forever to heal!
that sounds horrible, i just got the aphrodites shell bronzer i heard everyone saying it barely shows on there skin because its so light and thought it sounded perfect for my pale skin clearly you thought the same haha, thought finally found a bronzer wont be so dark and orange but you've scared me now feel so sorry for you :( Have you ever used anything like retin A or other retinols, because of my blemishes i ordered some from abroad and it just sped the exfoliation process of my skin up so much so the red blemishes fade about 20x as fast mine go away so quickly now not the problem they used to be at all.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
My daughter is very fair. She has had good luck with the MUFE HD foundation (I think it was #115 that she used) and also the Bare Minerals foundation (powder one) in Fair C10. She could not find a MAC color that matched and we tried quite a few other brands before she settled on these.

breatheonbeat

My daughter is very fair. She has had good luck with the MUFE HD foundation (I think it was #115 that she used) and also the Bare Minerals foundation (powder one) in Fair C10. She could not find a MAC color that matched and we tried quite a few other brands before she settled on these.
i used the 110 in MUFE, but its a little too dark and pink :/ i don't know why it is so difficult to find anything- i find a lot of people online who have very fair skin and a lot of trouble finding products!

ladyjamire

i used the 110 in MUFE, but its a little too dark and pink :/ i don't know why it is so difficult to find anything- i find a lot of people online who have very fair skin and a lot of trouble finding products!
omg just went and looked up the glamglow it looks so good trying so hard to not buy it :( I have all of them on my shelf and theyre just asking for a little green buddy to join them :(

and i agree about it being so hard to find any especially in the UK we are hardly the most tanned country we have basically no sun yet all the foundation shades are for sun kissed people.I dont understand why even somewhere like mac who have such a massive range wouldn't stock lighter shades.

ladyjamire

has anyone tried the armarni luminous silk foundation? I hear everybody raving about it and it looks so gorgeous but i am unsure how light there palest shade is

shellygrrl

Staff member
You can see some swatches here... http://karlasugar.net/2011/05/armani-luminous-silk-foundation-2/ http://karlasugar.net/2010/04/armani-luminous-silk-foundation/

shadowaddict

has anyone tried the armarni luminous silk foundation? I hear everybody raving about it and it looks so gorgeous but i am unsure how light there palest shade is
I use Armani Lasting Silk. I have oily skin and this is better for my oiliness. The Lasting Silk also has more coverage" but the lightest shade is still too dark. I really liked Chanel Mat Lumiere in Porcelain. Of course they decided to discontinue Porcelain and the next lightest shade. Apparently cosmetic companies think that we pale folk do not exist