Red Lipstick

honeebee

Warning w/ Mahogany l/l
Fresh Moraccan w/ Mahogany l/l
Dubonnet
Liza Red w/ V-Red lipglass & Mahogany l/l

quinntastic

I recently got the red lip kit at the MAC Nocturnelle event that has Dubonet, Casanova, and the red lipglass. Love it. I also adore Origins Flower Fusion lipstick in Amaryllis, with their Once Upon A Shine Sheer Ruby gloss over it. But I am partial to Origins because I work for them.
thmbup.gif
Still looks good on every color person I have tried it on so far.

shabdebaz

Funny that I just saw this thread, 'cause I did a makeup on a lady today who was NC45. She wanted a longwearing lipstick for the banquet she was going to, so I used Alta Moda on her (her eyes were mainly Amber Lights and Bronze). OMG!!!! It looked just amazing.

honeebee

I imagine that to be really beautiful. I recently did a gold eye look with the red lips (warning w/ mahogany). I rec'd so many compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabdebaz
Funny that I just saw this thread, 'cause I did a makeup on a lady today who was NC45. She wanted a longwearing lipstick for the banquet she was going to, so I used Alta Moda on her (her eyes were mainly Amber Lights and Bronze). OMG!!!! It looked just amazing.

mekaboo

Here is another one ladies...Fanplastico with Currant lipliner!!! I am NW43/45 and that is a beautiful red on me!!

Scorpdva

I have Rockocco l/s Pure Vanity l/g- really bright red.Dubonnet which does look more like brick red on me. Redwood l/s a deep red and just got Diva which looks a liitle more berry in color. I'm NW45.

bellezzadolce

Some combos I like to use on customers:

Auburn lip pencil + Lady Bug lipstick
Brick lip pencil + MAC Red + Clear lip glass
Vino lip pencil + Fresh Morocan lipstick
Nightmoth lip pencil + Russian Red + Jellicious lip gelee'
Portside cremeliner + Warning lip varnish
Burgandy lip pencil + Venetian lustreglass

MAC_Pixie04

I just found out that Gwen Stefani uses MAC Dubonnet, and it's VERY red on her.

I also like NARS Scandal lipgloss on top of reds, soooo hot.

calbear

Matching 'red' on women of color is soooo hard. The idea of what 'red' is, is sooooo different for each person. I'm an NC45/50 and I hate the color red (long storey but - GO BEARS!) but the questions aren't just what looks good on that person but what that person even considers to be the color 'red'.

I really gotta go with whoever said - try that mess on. Just to make sure it's your idea of red and that it doesn't have you looking like a clown.

cno64

"Dubonnet" has been mentioned, and I got it today(ordered online).
I must say that I don't like it as much as I expected to. On me(pale pink-ivory skin, green eyes, dark brown hair) it looks mostly brown. I expected red with a little brown, but this is closer to brown with a little red. I'm hoping it will grow on me, though ...

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommamacgurl
my hg red lipstick is ruby woo i also like mac red russian red and glam.

Ruby Woo is my new HG red, now that Powerhouse is gone.
weeping.gif

I adore Glam, but I don't try to pass it off as a true red; instead I put a little shimmer over it and wear it as a deep deep rose. GORGEOUS!
I've tried to love Russian Red, and I do like it, but I just don't find myself reaching for it often.

KeshieShimmer

Quote:
Dubonnet which does look more like brick red on me.

Me too I'm a C7 and NC50 (in concealer). I just bought Russian Red lipglass and I plan on buying the lipstick later on this week. It looks lovely layered, but it's bright!

elektra513

<-NW43->

I used to work at Origins and their matte stick From Mars was my HG--till they dc'd it
weeping.gif
...So I went to MAC to find and alternative and got the prolongwear lustre Alta Moda. I don't wear it much b/c of the lustre gloss that's attached. I can feel the glittery pieces on my lips--not practical at all. So on next payday I will be on a mission to find a suitable replacement (w/my origins matte stick in hand!!!)

cno64

I'm interested in MAC "Lady Danger," since I want a bright, vivid, screamin' red.
But I'm concerned about possible orange-ness.
So, is "Lady Danger" more red, or more orange?
And how would it work on NW15, brunette, green-eyed me?

Showgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cno64
I'm interested in MAC "Lady Danger," since I want a bright, vivid, screamin' red.
But I'm concerned about possible orange-ness.
So, is "Lady Danger" more red, or more orange?
And how would it work on NW15, brunette, green-eyed me?

I'm NW20 ish, hazel eyes, auburn hair and I ADORE Lady Danger. It doesn't look that orange on a warm skintone IMHO, just INCREDIBLY red.... but there is no doubting that there is an orange/coral undertone in it. It's just how it's going to look on your skintone that's in question here.

There's a good pic of LD in the "Lovely Lips" challenge thread here, I think it's about 3 or 4 pages in, but it's what inspired me to buy that lipstick (and I certainly haven't regretted it, since)