Red Lipstick

MACaholic76

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdm
I love dubonett!!!! It is not too red......just right.

Do you know your MAC shade? I would love to try out this color. I'm usually afraid of reds.

RedDrama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiana
Not plum... not berry...but RED
smiles.gif

Please tell me your fav/HG red lipstick. I really want to see if I can find a red lipstick that suites darker skin women without looking minstrel-like.

Thanks!

Well it all depends on your complexion, but if you are a warm brown skinned woman then Clinique's "Angel Red" or "Red Drama" will work for you. If you are dark skinned try Lancome's "Jezabel". I am light complected so I wear Dior's "Contrast Brown" which is my all time favorite, it's a reddish-orange shade. Also Estee Lauder I believe recently eliminated a very popular shade for dark women called "Black Wine", but you can still find it on Ebay.

BadBadGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbear
Matching 'red' on women of color is soooo hard. The idea of what 'red' is, is sooooo different for each person. I'm an NC45/50 and I hate the color red (long storey but - GO BEARS!) but the questions aren't just what looks good on that person but what that person even considers to be the color 'red'.

I really gotta go with whoever said - try that mess on. Just to make sure it's your idea of red and that it doesn't have you looking like a clown.

I agree- when I ask MA's what color red I could use...they start showing me brown stuff! I wish I had the guts to say- "That is not red" but I don't want to be mean.
ssad.gif

BionicWoman

My all time favorite red lipstick is Ruby Woo w/Cherry Lip Liner! If I want a glossy look, I'll top it off with Pure Vanity(LE).
I've been fortunate enough to be able to pull off any red. However, I find Orange based Reds are my least favorite. I can wear them, but I prefer the Blue Based reds much more
eyelove.gif
NARS has a Matte Lip Pencil called Dragon Girl and I also adore Christian Dior's Electrifying Red for a nice 1940s feel. More people seem to prefer me in red, it's sort of my signature lip color, even if I'm wearing a dramatic eye
cheerleader.gif

cno64

Quote:
Originally Posted by BionicWoman
More people seem to prefer me in red, it's sort of my signature lip color, even if I'm wearing a dramatic eye
cheerleader.gif

Good for you!
I'm NW15; brunette; green eyes, and the world goes crazy when I wear red clothing, and I always feel like I should have red lips to match.
I, also, love Ruby Woo, though my all-time favorite red is [the discontinued] Powerhouse. That is the first lipstick in my life(I'm 43) that ever looked red and not pink on me.

starr

any suggestions for NC40, brunette with brown eyes? I'd love to have red lips like the one Christina Aguilera/Gwen Stefani is sporting :p

Pushpa

where to start i love red lips

miss dish was the best red ever....*moment of silence for the departed*

glam
russian red
roccocco (sp is wrong i know)
viva 1

brick l/l
red enriched creme liner

MAChostage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushpa
miss dish was the best red ever....*moment of silence for the departed*

AMEN, SISTER! I'm so trying to make my tube last.
weeping.gif

La Ilusion

L'Oreal HIP lipgloss in Enticing is a nice blue red. It's a little deeper, less bright than Russian Red and has just a little sparkle, but not enough to overwhelm it.

I also wear Viva Glam I when I want a matte red.

darkbeauty27

Re: Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiana
Thanks to all those who replied. I actually bought Dubonnet this weekend and love it. I think this is the red I am looking for.....
smiles.gif

Good choice! I bet it looks beautiful on darker skin. Very sultry/sexy.

FacesbyNiki

I hate/scared of red on me. :confused:

Last Christmas I came up with a theme for us to do our eyes old Hollywood style, (somewhat nude eye, liquid black liner, with lashes), and a red lip.
thud.gif

It came out beautiful but I had no idea what red to put on me until my coworker put me in Fresh Morccan with Venetian lustreglass.
eyelove.gif
Love it!!

I'm not afraid to put on Deep Attraction or Full Blown either but not by choice.
rofl.gif

ohsosparkly

for non-MAC, I like Trucco's Blood Red. For MAC, I also find that Dubonnet turns 'orange' on me. I'll have to try to find Alta Moda......

MACaholic76

I was going to add Dubonnet to my stash as my only red lippie since I'm afraid of reds..but that was only until I saw one of my co-workers wearing this gorgeous luscious red. I had to have it! It was Fanplastico lacquer lined with Burgungy l/l. Looove it!
Oh, and my teeth looked super white!!! Added bonus!