Revlon Colorstay in NC37

makeuplover7239

Re: Revlon Color Stay Foundation

I jumped on this bandwagon a week ago and bought the shade Caramel 400 in the Dry/ Normal formulation.

PS: If anyone is interested in buying Colorstay Foundation, Kroger is selling them for around 7.50 bucks this week!

makeuplover7239

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexielex
Let me start by saying Hello Everyone! I have been lurking here for a while and I bought Colourstay in Oily/combo in Caramel but the numbers on my bottle are 380 Caramel, well I wonder if there's a difference between the 380 caramel and the 400? Asking because I bought the w80 Caramel in another town I just moved from and while I was looking around in my new city all I saw was 400 Caramel. Does anyone know the color difference?

I think the 380 Caramel were the old color selection bottles. I went to walgreens and they had a color called Rich ginger(370) that was between Toast(350) and Caramel( 380)
I think they may have reduced their color selection later , thus resulting in Caramel having numbers of 380 and 400.

Face2Mac

I find that the smell can get to you if you don't put anything over it. I use 410 mixed with 400 and then I put MSF Deep Dark(summer) and it kinda reduces the smell. It smells like clay to me.

I have to find the pump that goes with this. I think someone said they sell it ebay or something.

makeuplover7239

Here is a comparison of how MAC Mineralize Satinfinish NC50 looks compared to Colorstay n Caramel 400
** At night wth the flash

** Daylight, without flash
comparison-of-macvs-colorstay

makeuplover7239

Here is a comparison of how MAC Mineralize Satinfinish NC50 looks compared to Colorstay n Caramel 400
** At night wth the flash

** Daylight, without flash

Cparrott09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahR
I am gonna have to give in and try this out...

is it going to be anygood for heavy coverage to cover acne scars??

..so much for no spend May! ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABB113
Has anyone tried applying this with a sponge? All this talk of brushes getting stained is starting to worry me lol....I haven't tried this out yet....need to figure out which of the colors (if any) that I bought work best for my skintone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
Okay... still not sure I'm liking this. I really want to, but I'm a liquid foundation newbie.

I tried applying with a damp wedge sponge, but I felt like the sponge was absorbing it all and none was ending up on my face.

I tried applying it with my fingers, but I'm still not sure if I'm using enough to get the coverage I expected - or if this really isn't going to even me out the way I wanted it to.

I don't know if I want to mess with foundation brushes... So for people here that are using their fingers or a sponge, about how much are you using for your whole face?

The way I apply this foundation is with a wet sponge. Glintzy (YouTube - glintzy's Channel) on youtube has some really bad acne scarring on her face and she shows you how you can cover that up with this foundation and a wet sponge really well. I have some discoloration from acne and the sun and I applied it with her method and the concealer with blemish medication and I was able to get maximum coverage on my skin. I applied the concealer with a brush as well and it blended it nicely. I also live in San Antonio where it has been alternating lately from freakishly hot and rainy and humid and it has stayed put all day, when I put it on at 7:30am till I take it off at 9pm, without shine. I love it for the coverage and would totally recommend it. I bought this on BOGO at CVS and got the blemish concealer for free. LOVE IT!

Tia

I love this foundation but I'm having the most FRUSTRATING time ever. I live in Vancouver BC, Canada, and I do not think we have all the colours! I had to use "fresh beige" which is wayyy too light for me (i'm like a NC35), and then in the summer i used "true beige" which is waaaaay too pink for me. I want Warm Golden so badly...but I can't find it ANYWHERE.
Has anyone had any luck?
If not, can someone direct me to an online seller who wont charge ridiculous shipping to Canada?
I almost feel like driving two hours to seattle JUST to get this for cheaper (freaking 20 dollars here...not good for a student budget) and in the right colour....
Thanks in Advanced!

makeuplover7239

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia
I love this foundation but I'm having the most FRUSTRATING time ever. I live in Vancouver BC, Canada, and I do not think we have all the colours! I had to use "fresh beige" which is wayyy too light for me (i'm like a NC35), and then in the summer i used "true beige" which is waaaaay too pink for me. I want Warm Golden so badly...but I can't find it ANYWHERE.
Has anyone had any luck?
If not, can someone direct me to man online seller who wont charge ridiculous shipping to Canada?
I almost feel like driving two hours to seattle JUST to get this for cheaper (freaking 20 dollars here...not good for a student budget) and in the right colour....
Thanks in Advanced!

I was under the assumption that they discontinued that color. I havent seen it either in all the stores around me.
EDIT:
They have Golden Caramel in the combination/oily formulation, at least from the walgreens/cvs I saw.

Tia

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeuplover7239
I was under the assumption that they discontinued that color. I havent seen it either in all the stores around me.

What???
dangit...okay, thank you. =( I just heard it was good for NC35 because I've had troubles with matching a colour...
It's still expensive here though...might just order it online.

foxxylatina07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia
What???
dangit...okay, thank you. =( I just heard it was good for NC35 because I've had troubles with matching a colour...
It's still expensive here though...might just order it online.

It hasnt been discontined here in NY. I checked the website and they still have it. Maybe you can check on-line and purchase it there. Good luck
thmbup.gif

MizzVivaGlam

Is anyone currently wearing Warm Golden? Do you think it's a good match for medium tanned skin?

ShadyPink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzVivaGlam
Is anyone currently wearing Warm Golden? Do you think it's a good match for medium tanned skin?

I just purchased the Combination/Oily version in Warm Golden and I'm loving it so far. I'm NC35-NC40 in Studio Fix Powder. I purchased before I saw this thread, so I didn't see the color recs, but this seems to be working for me. The other colors seemed a little too peach/pinkish and this seems to have the right amount of yellow for me.

I applied with my 187 and then used my SF powder to set (don't have a setting powder yet) and it started looking cakey, so I spritzed with Fix+ and buffed with my 109 and it looked nice. I've only worn it once though, so I will update with any changes.

MizzVivaGlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyPink
I just purchased the Combination/Oily version in Warm Golden and I'm loving it so far. I'm NC35-NC40 in Studio Fix Powder. I purchased before I saw this thread, so I didn't see the color recs, but this seems to be working for me. The other colors seemed a little too peach/pinkish and this seems to have the right amount of yellow for me.

I applied with my 187 and then used my SF powder to set (don't have a setting powder yet) and it started looking cakey, so I spritzed with Fix+ and buffed with my 109 and it looked nice. I've only worn it once though, so I will update with any changes.

Thank you! It sounds like it's gonna be my perfect match.
smiles.gif
You should try the colorstay pressed powder over it! I have the powder but I need a new foundation shade because I got tanner over the summer and plan to stay tan all winter. The powder is really fine + soft and it sets all of my makeup all day, even my eyeliner doesn't budge. I love it.

sandrrra

anyone know of a good makeup remover or cleanser that gets this stuff off brushes? I cant seem to get it off and I even used a clarifying shampoO!!!

Sojourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadyPink

makeuplover7239

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandrrra
anyone know of a good makeup remover or cleanser that gets this stuff off brushes? I cant seem to get it off and I even used a clarifying shampoO!!!

Well that is the downside of this foundation. It stains your brushes.
This technique worked to unstain my brushes.

1) wash your brush with baby shampoo to get as much of the foundation off the brush.
2) Once it is clean but the brush still stained, take some baby oil and just rub some lightly to the ends of the brush.
3) Wash your brush again with baby shampoo twice until your bristles are back to normal coloring.

you can repeat steps 2 and 3 until your brush is clean.

Hope that helps!

foxxylatina07

I know that a lot of the females here are having problems with this foundation staining the brush but I use this foundation as well and I havent had that problem. Why dont you guys try using MAC Cleanse Off Oil. I usually pump one or two times of this oil and swirl the brush (making sure that the bristles are dry) I make sure that they're saturated and then I run it under warm water and my brushes are good as new. If you guys try this I guarantee u that u wont have problems with the brushes staining anymore. HTH
thmbup.gif

ninaxmac

I really want to try this foundation, but kind of iffy since it's hard to get off brushes it's a bit scary to think of how it may be staining my face. I use my Clarisonic nightly to remove my makeup, but still don't want something that is staining my face.