Revlon Colorstay in NC37

esperanza0905

Revlon Color Stay Foundation v. Double Wear

I wear CS Early Tan & DW Shell Beige.
ColourStay is definitely my best foundation altogether with EL Double Wear that's why I'm writing a post for both.
In truth, I cannot for sure decide which one is my favorite. Perhaps CS blends with 187 brush a bit easier than DW cos DW is a bit more dense. I can say for sure they're both covering very very well, stay on face for whole day without any signs of disappearing (also while being on the beach&swimming).
My cheeks suffer rosacea but it looks like these foundations got no problem with that task
smiles.gif
unlike others!
For me the greatest problem in the morning is to choose which one to put cos they're almost the same!
I find only 3 differences:
-DW is more dense than CS
-CS's got weird smell (like glue) but that doesn't bother me
-DW is more expensive than CS

In fact whether u choose CS or DW is pretty much the same.
So, go for it and u won't regret at all!

shadowaddict

Re: Revlon Color Stay Foundation

You guys have me wanting to try this now. My question to you other pale faces is this, is the lightest color Ivory have a lot of pink and if so is Buff too much darker than Ivory? I'm a little lighter than NC15. Thanks.

I've been stalking this thread and waited for CVS bogo free deal for Revlon products and I'm usually NC40 for MAC SFF so from reviews, Natural Tan would be a good match.. but the bottle looked so dark! (I got the normal/dry skin one) but I thought once i put it on, it would be good.. NOT! lol It was way too dark for me but I really like this foundation. I got True Beige also, I didn't try it yet but if it doesn't work out, I guess I'll return it for a lighter color.

For some reason, the oily combo one looked lighter then the normal one for me!

Nzsallyb

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict
You guys have me wanting to try this now. My question to you other pale faces is this, is the lightest color Ivory have a lot of pink and if so is Buff too much darker than Ivory? I'm a little lighter than NC15. Thanks.

i would suggest you try it out. i am an NC15 and also wear ivory, buff didnt sit well on me at all. it all depends how it reacts on your skin. its a great thing tho
thmbup.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowaddict

i'm about an nc15 and i found the revlon ivory one to be farto pink! looked like a blush when i tested ut on my hand. i bought buff which is perfect for me. but it's best to try it out - i even went outside boots into daylight to make sure it wasn't too dark!

User38

When I use this product, the color equivalent for my skin is Buff too (NC15 or less)

makeba

i have read this thread thru and thru and not one nw40 specktra diva posted on this foundation!! soo ladies i need your help!! what would you suggest would work for me!!! i am anxious to try this product out. i have combination skin type.

Destiny007

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolli
Does anyone else get a grayish cast on their face when using this foundation? I've many different colors and always end up with a grayish tint. I even tried a shade a new was too dark hoping it would off set the issue but no such luck. It is such a shame because I love the coverage and staying power.
ssad.gif

Same thing happened when I tried it. I so wanted it to be my HG, but no go! I tried Caramel (NC45/50/C7). It is a pretty nice foundation though...really lightweight, but I looked a bit scary with it on!

ximenall

The product is amazing, but I think for photography (I do a lot of bridal work) is better SFF what do you think?

LMD84

so far i am loving this foundation - i have used it 3 days now and it's everything i wanted! however i have got a few tiny spots appear where i don't usually get any (on cheeks) and the bumps on my forehead have come back - now i am due for that time of the month but i'm also wondering if it could be the foundation. when a foundation causes a breakout how long is it until you get the breakout? is 3 days too soon to tell??

Dreamergirl3

I love Colorstay but as I'm getting darker, I'm noticing the greyish cast people have mentioned.

Also, it's been breaking me out. The break outs are manageable if I am diligent with my skincare routine but if I slip up for a day or two...hellooo, blackheads.

This will remain my go-to foundation but I'm starting the hunt for something new. Perhaps Maybelline Super Stay...

macgirl3121

After being severely traumatized by drugstore foundations, based on the rave reviews around the net I'm going to give this a try. I'm looking at YOU CG Queen collection that turned me oopma loopma orange in less than 5 min, which must be some kind of record. Now that I have not worn MAC foundations consistently for over 6 months my breakouts are just about non-existent. Now I have concluded that MAC foundations were a large contributing factor in my breakouts. I have used SS but not everyday. I have a sample of MUFE HD in 175 and I like it but if this is comparable for 1/4 of the price, it would be stupid for me not to try it.

Rite Aid has Revlon foundations on BOGO this week.

lexielex

Let me start by saying Hello Everyone! I have been lurking here for a while and I bought Colourstay in Oily/combo in Caramel but the numbers on my bottle are 380 Caramel, well I wonder if there's a difference between the 380 caramel and the 400? Asking because I bought the 380 Caramel in another town I just moved from and while I was looking around in my new city all I saw was 400 Caramel. Does anyone know the color difference?

Shypo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayver
Hi, I think this is my very first post! I need a match for a NW25, but it's hard to find it
ssad.gif
Any ideas?

I haven't read through all the remaining posts yet, and I know this thread is older, but I'm NW25 and I wear #250 Fresh Beige in the Dry/Normal version with fabulous results! I LOVE this foundation!!!

In the U.S., Rite Aid has buy one get one free this week - all Revlon face.

sandrrra

hello! I work at ulta and picked up fresh beige tonight! I thought Id let you know that were selling it for $10.79(which I think is cheaper than everywhere else?) and we also no longer have testers for revlon stuff anymore. we did a reset a few months ago and thier gone!

Face2Mac

I have to mix Combo 400 with 410 to get my exact color but it is worth it because the color and finish is beautiful.

MrsRjizzle

ok totally random. I love this product. But... short story: I stole the CD trick from the Kim K makeup video and daily put the foundation on the cd before applying. so somedays I leave the cd with the residue from various mac foundations all day and clean in the evening and it wipes right off effortlessly. But with this CS foundation if I leave it on the CD all day. I cant wipe it off. It is stuck on like glue. I have to wipe it off with makeup remover!

ok so maybe this is no big deal at all. But makes me wonder what ingredients are different in this product that makes it do that. I mean if its like that on a piece of plastic. What am I leaving behind on my face?

ok rant over... probably me over thinking it... lol. but still wanted to see others thoughts.

astronaut

I wanted to try this product but I can't stand the way it smells. Such a strong alcohol scent.

chipmunkvoice

i've jumped on the Revlon colorstay bandwagon and WOW! i'm so lovin' it! The only thing is that i have to get a friend in the US to send it to me... Australia has a tragic range of shades and i need Golden Beige! ... and not to mention its only $13 over there whereas its $40 over here.

But yeah.. lovelove!! I think i like it better than my MUFE F&B one too!

User67

Okay, so you ladies made me try this foundation! I just got back from Walgreens & applied it. I really like the formula, the coverage & I can see how this stuff would stay put all day! The only problem is the color. I am a NC40-42 in SFF & so I tried the Natural Tan & it's just not yellow enough. Some people complain that MAC foundations are too yellow, that's what I love about them. I literally have no other color in my skin other than yellow, so they match me perfecly. The Natural Tan looks pretty good indoors, but in natural light there is an obvious line by my jaw. Also I heard that people like this for pictures, so I tried taking a picture of it with a flash & my face looked white. Not just a little lighter than the rest of me, but freakishly lighter. Very disappointing for me
thmbdn.gif
Why does this work for everyone but me?

*Update*
Even though the color match wasn't perfect. I was still going to wear this for the day to see the staying power. But, the smell of it really started to get to me & I had to wash my face after 2 hours. This is going back, I'll stick with my SFF. I'm happy for those of you who love it though, it seems like it could be a really amazing foundation!