Revlon Colorstay in NC37

EmilyIsElectric

Re: Revlon Color Stay Foundation

Absolutely love this!
I'm an NC 20 / 25
I wear this in Buff, I did used to have a different shade... sand beige, I think?
Both colours worked well on me :]

Blushbaby

I really like this and have reached for it every day over both my MUFE foundations.

pink_lily82

Walgreen's is having a BOGO on Revlon Foundation, Powder, Concealer, Blush or Lip Color thru Jun 27th!

ForgetRegret

*sigh* I bought this yesterday, since everyone had been raving about it...and so far, I'm a little agitated with it. Transfer resistant my a**. Anything my face comes into contact with, even just a light brush against it, gets a little deposit of foundation. I put it on with a brush and buffed the crap out of it, then set it with my HD powder, so I know it's not a matter of wearing too much. It happened last night without a primer, and this morning with one. WTH is wrong here? Anyone have any ideas?
One thing I can say, is that last night I had it on for about 4 hours...and I didn't become the giant oily mess that I usually am.

sararose

Quick update on my last post http://www.specktra.net/forum/f267/r...ml#post1657616 - my results as an NC25 are...

Definitely sticking with Sand Beige! I think for the 100% perfect match, I would only need to mix in a dab of Buff, but it's really not worth the effort. Sand Beige is a pretty excellent match with my skin tone. It's almost TOO much of a match because it completely flattens my face, leaving a nice matte finish, and I need to do some contouring and shadowing with a light bronzer to fill out my face after applying it.
smiles.gif

This weekend I went to the Taste of Chicago downtown, and bot was it HOT! The sun was out and there were nothing but hundreds of stands roasting, grilling, and cooking all types of foods, adding to the 90+ degrees it already was outside! I felt like an awful mess, but this foundation held up beautifully! All I had to do was blot my face with a tissue and the foundation lasted ALL day and I did not look like a sweaty mess like everyone else! Thank you Revlon!
lol.gif

I love this foundation! I've been using it for some many months now (in the wrong color, however, before switching to Sand Beige, lol) and have no intentions on switching or trying another foundation for some time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
*sigh* Anything my face comes into contact with, even just a light brush against it, gets a little deposit of foundation. Anyone have any ideas?

Hmm, I have the total opposite problem! Sometimes when applying, I need to be quick, because it dries so quickly that I won't even blend it.

After applying moisturizer and then my primer, I wash my hands again, then use some hand sanitizer (this is VERY important when applying foundation with fingers!). I then pour no more than a dime size amount on the back of my hand, swirl a bit to warm it up, then dot it on my cheeks, chin, forehead, T-zone, and above my upper lip. I then use my fingers to gently spread and blend the foundation around my face (I know, I know, using your hands is not the ideal way of applying foundation, but I usually end up with using the least amount of product this way, and getting the best matte/air brushed look then any other method I've tried!). It dries VERY quickly and I never have any rub off, especially after I apply a very light coat of mineral finishing powder just to set the foundation.

sararose

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_hood_model
CVS is having a BOGO (buy one, get one free) on relvon face products this week!!! i went and scooped me up 2 bottles!!!!!

I'm really going to hurt my boyfriend for not telling me this
angry.gif
. He knows how obsessed I am with this foundation and my search for the perfect NC25 match, plus...

...He works for CVS and didn't say a word! I'm going to give him a piece of my mind today!
getyou.gif

angelic.gif
Hehehe!

miss sha

I tried out NC45 but I think it was too dark for me and went all orange afterwards. I tried out Toast in Oily/Combo and I LOVE it. Even when I just used a little and mixed it with my MAC moisturizer, I got this gorgeous smooth, matte finish. I'm a terrible judge of foundation matches but it looks pretty close to me! I might try a shade up and a shade down as well just to be sure, but I already love the way Toast looks on me.

soglambitious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
What match would NC45 be do you know ...Or do I bust them all open in the store LOL

Haha ... bust 'em open girl! Thats what I do ... I try to be inconspicuous though.
winks.gif

I am an NC45 and I got "Caramel" in the Normal/Dry formula and its a perfect match. "Toast" in the Normal/Oily formula is a close dupe, but just a teeny-tiny bit lighter. Like, the colors are barely discernable from one another.

(The Normal/Oily formula runs darker so the colors aren't going to be the same).

Anyways, I love this stuff. So glad I found a drugstore foundation so I can save a little on those $25+ of bottles of MAC/Clinique/MUFE.
th_DANCE.gif

gujifijian

I have been using Revlon Colorstay for over 10+ years. Didn't really know much about foundation till recently. I just picked up watever my previous bottle looked like till one day I didn't have my previous bottle and I picked up a darker shade. Although the bottle itself said natural tan, it was too dark for me. I realized afterwards that there's 2 types of foundations. One is for oily/combo shades and the other is for dry/normal. I thought I was normal! But I've been corrected and now buy the rite shade. Oily/combo in Natural Tan! It's awesome. My biggest mistake was trying to switch from Revlon to Mac and ended up having a huge breakout which left me with acne marks which are impossible to get ride of. Unless of course I see a dermatologist! Revlon Colorstay products doesn't clog ur pores nor does it give u acne. It's far better than any foundations I have tried. I just hope that Revlon comes out with more colors and doesn't discontinue the current shade. They discontinued one shade which I was wearing for years (Early Tan) and had to switch to Natural Tan. At first I thought it was going to be darker but I think they just eliminated the names and kept the same color!

gujifijian

I just wish that Revlon Colorstay is cheaper than $15 per bottle! (I'm cheap...lol) when it's on sale it's like $11! I stock up like crazy!

AshleyDanielle

I just might pick some of this up. I am really really new and I was going to go to MAC and shell out a ton of money to get me started, but hearing about this drugstore gem, I might consider getting one and saving myself a few bucks
smiles.gif

foxxylatina07

It comes down to personal preference. For example, I used to wear drugstore foundation before I could afford MAC and others. However, around 2007 I wanted something with more coverage and that would match my neck. (Since I was wearing a shade that didn't completely match my neck) I decided to go to MAC and get a foundation/shade suggestion.

Well the MAC artist recommended Studio Fix Fluid in NC40. I fell in love with the coverage and the color. Now I'm good to go because I know which shades match me in Revlon Colorstay. I usually alternate between the two since MAC can be a tad pricy but not O.T.T. Revlon is the best drugstore foundation right now in my opinion in terms of coverage and lastivity.

Hmm it's funny because now Maybelline took a new foundation out called Super Stay 24 hrs foundation with Microflex and it's suppose to be the same as Colorstay with the exception that this one doesn't have SPF. I bought it yesterday but I can't really figure out what shade I am in Maybelline foundies that's why I don't wear them. I chose Classic Beige but I find it a bit light. I also noticed that the coverage is not as GREAT as Colorstay. HTH and sorry for the long post. Just wanted to add in my
2cents.gif

aziajs

FYI for anyone having trouble cleaning their brush. I used a mix of Dawn dishwashing liquid and a little baking soda. It got my 187 super white. I would caution you that you will need to condition your brush afterward, though, as the mixture is a little drying.

justjaimelyn

I totally agree about the brush cleaning. A little handsoap or some olive oil really help break up the formula. There isn't a MAC counter around me unfortunately so I can't get swatched but we do have a Sephora about 40 minutes away but I hate going in there, so does anyone know the comparison color of Revlon Colorstay Natural Tan/Early Tan to MAC or MUFE HD?

ForgetRegret

I found this while I was googling something...I think it's completely amusing, and whomever wrote this is a moron.
Ten Reasons Why You Should Not Buy Revlon Colorstay Makeup - Associated Content

And um...can I just say...I went swimming in this stuff yesterday (didn't have time to take it off before PT), and it was STILL on when I got done. I was in the pool doing laps for at least an hour, and I was in shock to see that it was still there when I went to take a shower. Holy crap!

plasticLVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshsheen.
Oh you're definitely welcome. When I first started using colorstay I was more on the tan side, and was using natural tan. but it was ashy on me.. I was kind of freaked out when i first put it on. i looked like I had been in a volcanic eruption. haha, but i firmly believe it was the powder i was using to set with.
I've found setting in with MAC's MSF & a kabuki brush really helps. along with a spray of Fix+
greengrin.gif

haha my routine also...I wear natrual tan and set it with medium dark msf..and fix+

aziajs

Has anyone tried mixed their colorstay with moisturizer to make tinted moisturizer?

pdtb050606

^^ I did, it was ok I guess but I just don't really do tinted moisturizer, i need more coverage
Totally OT, but what is on your lid in your avatar? I totally admire it every time i see you post
winkiss.gif

K_ashanti

i have, i been using oil of olay complete moisturizer for oily/combo skin, worked well together, still lasted just a long, and no oiliness

Dreamergirl3

Sometimes I'll mix with moisturizer. You need to play around with different moisturizers tho. Some don't mix well with Colorstay and will cause it to separate. Fortunately, you'll see this happening on your hand when you mix, so you won't have to put it on to find out. Chances are if it mixes well and stays a good consistency in your hand it'll work fine on your face.

Also I've found the more moisturizer you use the less staying power it has. I don't mix too much with my foundation anyhow since I still prefer more coverage than the average tinted moisturizer has to offer.

On another note, I really want to try Maybelline's Colorstay dupe!