Revlon Colorstay in NC37

Re: Revlon Color Stay Foundation

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshsheen.
I'm an NC25 in MAC studio fix fluid and wear 300 Golden Beige In Revlon Colorstay for Oily/Combo.

Here's a pic of me wearing it.

http://i42.tinypic.com/34i3io6.jpg

drools.gif

Wow what a great finish, now I want to try it!!!

SwEetSouL08

well i'm an NC45 and i bought Caramel in oily/combo but somehow the color seems to be too dark for my skintone...any ideas why? and if i compare it to NC45 it actually is a few shades darker... wud u guys recommend to give it back and buy Toast?

guanacax

in all honestly i have NEVER had a foundation that has matched my skin perfectly..
th_DANCE.gif

compared to MAC sff id prefer this one, it applies more smoothly and is not as thick as MAC.. i use normal/dry in 350 TOAST.. with mac.. hmm i suppose NC42 was too light for me and NC44 too dark and made my skin look orange.. not nice.. but i have golden/yellow undertones just for reference..

couturesista

I brought CS in Mahogany, i'm NC50 @ MAC, I love this foundation, however the color was off, i thought it was a bit dark so I went back and purchased Cappacino (sp) and I mixed both shades together and the color is dead on! I find myself staring in anything that gives my reflection ( very vain, but my skin looks sooo good). It does have an odd scent to it, but it doesn't bother me, initially I thought it would irritate my skin but nope, it was all good!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwEetSouL08
well i'm an NC45 and i bought Caramel in oily/combo but somehow the color seems to be too dark for my skintone...any ideas why? and if i compare it to NC45 it actually is a few shades darker... wud u guys recommend to give it back and buy Toast?

I noticed that too with the Oily combo too..the Caramel in normal/dry is slightly lighter.....Weird but it is...The Oily was too dark for me as well..I have dry skin...but I just put moisturizer on and apply the normal/dry and it is a perfect match

Wildflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclothymic
What impresses me most about this foundation is the coverage and the transfer-resistance. I often wear this for more than 10 hours at a stretch, including working out for 2 hours (running, weights, dripping sweat from every pore), and I can attest to this foundation's lastingness

I can attest to this as well..i was shocked the first time i wore it after work to the gym and after sweating like a 500lb man
th_LMAO.gif
, doing weight-lifting and high impact cardi...the foundation was still there...it didnt move, the colour didnt change...it didnt turn grey or pasty...it just looked like i had excellent skin with sweat on it. I patted the sweat away, and I wouldnt even have needed to put on power if i was going out after the gym. My skin looked flawless and the foundation was unmoved. I was amazed and elated. FINALLY, a product that does what it says it will....i'm a little worried though, they changed the yellow base in the caramel to something more orangy...

Wildflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABB113
Has anyone tried applying this with a sponge? All this talk of brushes getting stained is starting to worry me lol....I haven't tried this out yet....need to figure out which of the colors (if any) that I bought work best for my skintone.

I find that this particular foundation is easily applied with the fingertips....

Wildflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
*sigh* I bought this yesterday, since everyone had been raving about it...and so far, I'm a little agitated with it. Transfer resistant my a**. Anything my face comes into contact with, even just a light brush against it, gets a little deposit of foundation. I put it on with a brush and buffed the crap out of it, then set it with my HD powder, so I know it's not a matter of wearing too much. It happened last night without a primer, and this morning with one. WTH is wrong here? Anyone have any ideas?
One thing I can say, is that last night I had it on for about 4 hours...and I didn't become the giant oily mess that I usually am.

Are you sure thats not just your setting powder rubbing off and not the foundation?

LeeleeBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBubblegum
I'm NC20 for MSF foundation.. anyone know which one matches that colour the most?

I use the dry/normal formula for Colorstay (I am not sure but I think the formula for oily skin has different colors/names)...anyway I am NC20
and I use Buff (150) and sometimes I mix that with Sand Beige (180). But overall, Buff is a better color for me (I just like a darker tone in the summer).

Kenna23

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturesista
I brought CS in Mahogany, i'm NC50 @ MAC, I love this foundation, however the color was off, i thought it was a bit dark so I went back and purchased Cappacino (sp) and I mixed both shades together and the color is dead on! I find myself staring in anything that gives my reflection ( very vain, but my skin looks sooo good). It does have an odd scent to it, but it doesn't bother me, initially I thought it would irritate my skin but nope, it was all good!

thank you girl for mentioning the fact that you have to mix two foundations together to get the right color. this is what i have to do. and i was wondering are you doing anymore tutorials my sister showed me some of your older looks.

couturesista

^^^Thanks, i think most WOC have to mix shades, we are not one dark shade fits all! lol
nonono.gif

As for the FOTD's, I have been meaning to post some pics, but I've been hella busy, I'll try to post more
yes.gif

fa.iza88

ive never tried it but now that ive heard so much good stuff about it i might try it .

reem2790

colorstay is wonderful. for reference, i'm a (30) in MUFE mat velvet+, 180 sand beige (normal light) i don't wear MAC foundation do to massive breakoutage, but colorstay makes me not want to experiment. i do want to try the new maybelline one though! (even though i've never liked any of their products..)

ms. kendra

Update: The combination/oily formula is no good for me.
I guess my skin has been more dry lately so I should have gotten the dry skin formula. Now I have this bottle that I'm not using and I hate that.

MACATTAK

^^ You could always just mix a little of the combo/oily with your dry formula foundation. I mix my foundations all the time.

guanacax

hmm well turns out toast was abit too neutral for me.. just a tad bit too dark.. im gonna get golden caramel to see how it goes.. hopefully wish for the best coz this foundation rocks.. wish me luck y'all!!

thmbup.gif

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I noticed that too with the Oily combo too..the Caramel in normal/dry is slightly lighter.....Weird but it is...The Oily was too dark for me as well..I have dry skin...but I just put moisturizer on and apply the normal/dry and it is a perfect match

Caramel in normal/dry = PERFECT MATCH!!
smiles.gif

dominichulinda

*Taken in the store w/camera phone (they didn't have anymore "normal to dry 400").

IMG00080-20090815-1045.jpg

*Taken at home w/ camera(I returned 410 and kept 400 "normal/dry")

IMG_0111.JPG

lolli

Does anyone else get a grayish cast on their face when using this foundation? I've many different colors and always end up with a grayish tint. I even tried a shade a new was too dark hoping it would off set the issue but no such luck. It is such a shame because I love the coverage and staying power.
ssad.gif