skinny girls have it rough too! (no hating please)

babydollala

Quote:
Originally Posted by frocher
Try to work in nutrient dense foods like peanut butter, avocados, and whole milk Greek yoghurt into my diet. Eat a healthy, balanced diet, but sneak in those extra calories where you can.

omg i love Fage yougurt with honey! YUMM!

celestia

I'm not 'skinny' but I suppose in a way I am. Then again it's because I do think that kind of definition is always warped by consistent comparisons. A size 6 might be seen as skinny to those who are size 14- who may be seen as skinny to those who are size 26.

I have a similar but sort of very different issue. I'm a lover of all things good and sweet so I'm essentially 'unhealthy' in the eyes of a nutritionist. I usually wear 'small' sized clothing...Every time individuals decide to scrutinize their own weight issues and I have a 'same here!' response, I get the complete 'wtf are you on about' GLARE. I hate it.

I mean... clothes DO hide excess fat your body shouldn't necessarily have, right?!?!

If you have noticeable, blatant, excess fat that shouldn't otherwise be there from healthy eating- we're on the same boat, yo.
ssad.gif
People should stop comparing their own stereotypes of 'fat' and 'skinny'.

My point being: you can still be rather thin and 'skinny' in public eyes and have a lot of (unnecessary and unwanted) 'fat'.

elegant-one

I get the hatred/jealousy all the time! It's sad because it comes from all sources, people I don't know in public, family, friends etc. Usually the first thing they say to me is, "you're so thin". Sorry, I'm not going to gain 100 pounds so you can feel better about yourself.

I'm a curvy 2/4. I also watch what I eat & work out like a maniac. But, I still have a cheeseburger or sweets now & then. I really like eating healthy. There is just as much bias/rudeness towards the thin end of the stick. It's better to have a secure healthy mental attitude about yourself no matter what size you are.

gildedangel

Alright, I am going to bump this thread because I have to vent! Have you guys seen the commercials for a bachelor spin-off called "More to Love"? (If you haven't it is The Bachelor with "overweight" contestants [Some of the are not that overweight IMO]) I am not watching the show but I was rather offended by a line that were stated in a commercial to promote the show. The commercial started by saying that the average size of a reality show contestant is a size two. The line that I was really ticked off by was a line that stated that this show contains "real women", basically implying that anyone who is skinny is fake. Excuse me?!? Just because I am thin does not mean that I am not a real woman! How dare you imply that anyone below a size 10 is not normal! I hate how even TV networks like Fox think that they can make fun of thin people just because it is not as common to be thin. Making fun of a thin person is the same as making fun of an overweight person, you are telling them that they are not normal or beautiful! I am trying to find a copy of the commercial on youtube but I can't find it.
ssad.gif
Sorry, I had to rant. (Calming Zen breaths....)
smiles.gif

BEA2LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
Alright, I am going to bump this thread because I have to vent! Have you guys seen the commercials for a bachelor spin-off called "More to Love"? (If you haven't it is The Bachelor with "overweight" contestants [Some of the are not that overweight IMO]) I am not watching the show but I was rather offended by a line that were stated in a commercial to promote the show. The commercial started by saying that the average size of a reality show contestant is a size two. The line that I was really ticked off by was a line that stated that this show contains "real women", basically implying that anyone who is skinny is fake. Excuse me?!? Just because I am thin does not mean that I am not a real woman! How dare you imply that anyone below a size 10 is not normal! I hate how even TV networks like Fox think that they can make fun of thin people just because it is not as common to be thin. Making fun of a thin person is the same as making fun of an overweight person, you are telling them that they are not normal or beautiful! I am trying to find a copy of the commercial on youtube but I can't find it.
ssad.gif
Sorry, I had to rant. (Calming Zen breaths....)
smiles.gif

i am in no way thin but that show is offensive on many levels.

Fairybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
I get the hatred/jealousy all the time! It's sad because it comes from all sources, people I don't know in public, family, friends etc. Usually the first thing they say to me is, "you're so thin". Sorry, I'm not going to gain 100 pounds so you can feel better about yourself.

I'm a curvy 2/4. I also watch what I eat & work out like a maniac. But, I still have a cheeseburger or sweets now & then. I really like eating healthy. There is just as much bias/rudeness towards the thin end of the stick. It's better to have a secure healthy mental attitude about yourself no matter what size you are.

I completely relate to this... I actually get these biting comments from my (female) boss at work. She doesn't realize that "Do you eat?" and "You're too skinny" HURT just as much as calling someone fat. I love to run, lift weights, and eat healthy, and the irony is that when our office goes out to eat, I eat the most out of everyone, but she doesn't seem to acknowledge that... I am just to the point of "Whatever..."

fillintheblank

People used to say all sorts of rude things to my sister until she hit puberty because she was really thin. She used to get really upset and tell us that she was ugly because she was so skinny. A nine year old of ANY weight should not be thinking they are ugly because of people's comments on their bodies.

I can't believe some of you ladies get asked if you have eating disorders! How is that EVER okay?!

Ruby_Woo

Im not skinny. I used to be when I was younger, but that stoped as soon as I hit puberty, and specially when I had a baby. I've lost weight through hard work, and effort. Now I am getting comments by people, specially my family that I should eat something, or that I don't look as good. Ugh. My aunt seriously almost tried to force feed me a piece of cake today. Wth! that was so akward, I seriously ran out of her house. I do eat what I want, I just try to be moderate. And there are days where I splurge, but Im good the day after.

Man. I guess nothing is ever good enough for anyone. I was fat, now Im starving. Ugh. It never stops. Good thing Im doing it for myself and no one else. Still annoys me though :s

Moofy

I feel you on this. I have always been picked on for being skinny. The 'real women are supposed to have curves!!111' diatribe really grates on me. Real women aren't supposed to be anything. Besides, I am both thin and curvy, and I am made to feel as if the two together simply don't exist.

Ultimately, no one wins. Both overweight and underweight women suffer from insults and being the butt of cruel jokes, and it makes me very sad to see men and women contributing the marginalisation of certain body types in doing so. Be it skinny or overweight, curvy or athletic - healthy and happy is the only shape that matters to me.

BeccalovesMAC

I feel you on this thread. I am Latina and if you are skinny, it is not a good thing. So people in my family would always give me a hard time. They would always ask if I was hungry. lol Now that I am 30 yo and have kids now, I have some more meat in my bones. lol I dont think people should have an opinion on other peoples weight, height, diet, sexual preference, religion or anything else. Before I was five feet tall 100 lbs. Now I am five feet tall 108lbs. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but trust me I am curvy now. Be proud of what you look like!

S.S.BlackOrchid

It doesn't matter what body type you have, you just can't win.

I am in the middle (medium sized, medium height, athletic, curvy, slightly chubby all at the same time). The plus sized girls think I'm skinny and the skinny girls think I'm fat.

I really do wish people will butt out of each other's business and accept that women can have more than one body type.

Shanti

Hmm.
I'd choose to be underweight than overweight any day.
It's funny because I used to have that problem in my adolescent years; I was too underweight, and I struggled to gain weight.
But now I suppose womanhood has gotten the best of me, because I am struggling to lose weight instead.

Not to sound insensitive, but from everything I've seen and known, overweight people have it so much harder and get more flack than underweight people. At least in the Asian community >_> I can easily say that I am jealous of girls who think they absolutely need to gain weight while they are thin.

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairybelle
I completely relate to this... I actually get these biting comments from my (female) boss at work. She doesn't realize that "Do you eat?" and "You're too skinny" HURT just as much as calling someone fat. I love to run, lift weights, and eat healthy, and the irony is that when our office goes out to eat, I eat the most out of everyone, but she doesn't seem to acknowledge that... I am just to the point of "Whatever..."

You're boss has no right to say that. I would do something about that, I would never allow a boss, male or female, to talk about my body like that.

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
The line that I was really ticked off by was a line that stated that this show contains "real women", basically implying that anyone who is skinny is fake. Excuse me?!? Just because I am thin does not mean that I am not a real woman!

i'm real. and a size zero, too.

MaskedBeauty

I know what you girls mean. People hate a lot on the skinny girls and always assume we have eating disorders. I'm 5'5" and I just barely got up to 124 pounds and i've still had people tell me "you need to put a little meat on you". It just really bugs me but in the same hand I don't give a F**k what they think ya know? As long as you're comfortable with your body then thats all that matters. And remember, muscle weighs more than fat. So if you wanna gain weight maybe do some light weight lifting??

xLongLashesx

The hurtful comments are made out of jealousy, pure and simple.

Try not to take it to heart and just keep in mind the motivation for why people are say those horrible things. Your thinness probably makes them feel a little bad about themselves, but that's not your fault.

love.gif

franken_stein

I feel you. I'm TINY. I actually think I'm not underweight, I think last time I got checked up on this I was found to be "normal" for my height, but still, I'm tiny. I'm about 5'1 and under 100 pounds. Most of the time I feel pretty healthy and for some reason I don't feel this way when I see myself in the mirror, but WOW, there are some times when I see pictures that kind of shock me! I saw a few that really made me think I looked way, way too thin.

I keep thinking to myself that I have a "goal weight" of being able to give blood. I'm not heavy enough to do so right now.

It doesn't bother me most of the time, but eh, I'm just small all around, with no chest to speak of. I don't feel too good about my body when it feels like I have no shape, and I'm just thin.

Kayteuk

I gained weight to go on the bone marrow registry a while back
smiles.gif
. No regrets. I have been on a personal mission recently to loose fat and build muscle to run my first triathlon, and I am getting a lot more negative skinny comments now than I have ever had in my life.... Considering I am heavier now than before, but its mainly muscle.
Its has some hard days like today, but I feel so much better in myself for getting up and running, people can say what they like, I don't believe in pleasing anyone except myself when it comes to my body
smiles.gif