Skinny Jeans--Yay or nay?

mgrattan

Seeing as all the clothing companies are jumping on the skinny jean bandwagon, what do ya'll Specktra-ites think of them?

calliestar

I don't really think they are flattering on any body type except extremely skinny girls and little boys. To me if you have the slightest bit of hips, they emphasize them in an unflattering way. Definately not good for people with curves...and by curves I mean any sort of shape. Skinny jeans are one of those trends that may look decent on super skinny runway models but is just not that flattering on the average person.

Of course my strong opinion against them could just be because I look terrible in them
greengrin.gif
Lol

Lady_MAC

I love them, and have been wearing them for years. I don't know what the sudden hype is all about. I didn't even notice the comeback.

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I like them. I could not wear them but I think they look good on some girls. Thin ones. hah.. not extra baggage girls like myself. id look like a fool wearing them.

GODDESS

They are super sexy on girls with stick legs.......but they look horrible on girls with real legs
ssad.gif
They make your thighs look even bigger!!!

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS
They are super sexy on girls with stick legs.......but they look horrible on girls with real legs
ssad.gif
They make your thighs look even bigger!!!

haha i call mine horse legs.. cuz they are just that... muscular ugly short legs. haha

Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by inlucesco
I'll be wearing my bootcuts till the end of time.

Me too!

dollbabybex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_MAC
I love them, and have been wearing them for years. I don't know what the sudden hype is all about. I didn't even notice the comeback.

couldnt agree more
smiles.gif

i'd never wear something just cos its in fashion

ive always wore leopard print and was so peed when it came back.... cos then people thought i was wearing it just to be in fashion
ssad.gif

Kels823

I dont mean to offend NEONE, but IMHO I have never seen one person look good in skinny jeans. Ever. Ever ever. Even skinny girls. Never.

aziajs

I hate them. They are SOOOO '80s. I hate that they are trying to bring the '80s back. I hated the fashion of that era and these are no exception.

lara

Loathe them. You might weigh 40 kilos, have no arse and legs like toothpicks, but they'll still make you look like you're wearing an oversized adult diaper.

ilovexnerdsx

i think some people can pull them off and some people just can't, and it doesn't necessarily have to do with weight i dont think. i think it may have more to do with what you pair with it. i think nicole richie looks ADORABLE wearing skinny jeans, flats, and a blazer (lesbian wedding episode of simple life--am i the only one that loves that show?). but i definitely dont think somebody could wear skinny jeans, random sneakers and a t-shirt. do you see what i'm saying ...? also, skinny jeans that are really short aren't flattering to anyone, imo. but i have a pair that are a bit longer and flare out ever so slightly at the bottom and i really like them
smiles.gif

there's too many factors to say whether i generally like them or not, i guess.

ch33tah

i love my skinny jeans by seven. they fit pretty well and i'm not the thinnest girl ever. you just gotta balance out the look with a pair of fabulous heels.