Skinny Jeans--Yay or nay?

Wattage

I like them, probably won't buy a pair but with a great pair of wedge heels, I think they look lovely
smiles.gif

browneyedbaby

I don't like them...
a) they make feet look huge (well unless you have teeny feet)
b) way too many people wear them
c) I'm too curvy to look good in them anyway
d) they'll be one of things you look back on in pics and shake your head at, why why why (because of the things listed above, a precious few look good in these!)

stillsoawesome

lovelove! I was wearing them for a while at school (fashion institute in NYC) because thats the in thing and everyone had them but when I came back to the suburbs of MD for the summer everyone was like... "what are you wearing?! Where did the extra fabric go?" eh. I wear them anyway and they make high heels look extra sexy.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by browneyedbaby
I don't like them...
a) they make feet look huge (well unless you have teeny feet)
b) way too many people wear them
c) I'm too curvy to look good in them anyway
d) they'll be one of things you look back on in pics and shake your head at, why why why (because of the things listed above, a precious few look good in these!)

kind of like ultra low rise jeans, whale tails (remember halle berry's at some awards show?), and midriff tops.

browneyedbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
kind of like ultra low rise jeans, whale tails (remember halle berry's at some awards show?), and midriff tops.

*sigh* oh there are so many

Katura

I got a pair a couple years ago, they fit me well(I havent got stick legs either...I've got ridiculousy muscley legs) But I love them, they are low -rise (No long butt look for me, I think high waisted pants in general are totally yucky) and they look awesome with heels.

But I serisouly doubt I'll be getting another pair. One's enough.

sewpunk

I love them on people who have no shape what so ever. You know - like the girls on the run way and in fashion mags who are a size 0, and are 5' 10" +.

They look like hell on me. Half the time when I try on a pair at the store I can't even get them over my hugely muscular calves.
ssad.gif

bottleblack

I think they look extra cute on the girls who can rock them,

unfortunately, I'm not one of them. In the words of 2 Live Crew, "too much booty in the pants".
smiles.gif

kittenluvsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I hate them. They are SOOOO '80s. I hate that they are trying to bring the '80s back. I hated the fashion of that era and these are no exception.

I completely agree! Been there, done that. The fashion gods really need to try to come up with something new and something that flatters real women--kwim?

I wore skinny jeans back in the 80's----when I weighed all of 100 lbs. But when I gained 10 lbs. they looked awful. My b/f at the time called me "bubble butt" (that was bad back then--eveyone wanted a small, cute tooshy like Stephanie Seymour's).

Raerae

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenluvsmac
I completely agree! Been there, done that. The fashion gods really need to try to come up with something new and something that flatters real women--kwim?

I wore skinny jeans back in the 80's----when I weighed all of 100 lbs. But when I gained 10 lbs. they looked awful. My b/f at the time called me "bubble butt" (that was bad back then--eveyone wanted a small, cute tooshy like Stephanie Seymour's).

being as I have an empty trunk, i wish the white girl booty was back in style LOL...

AlliSwan

I have like, zero hips, am 5'2" and have really muscular legs, so I thought I would NEVER be able to wear skinny jeans. I found a pair at Express that I LOVED LOVED LOVED sooo much I bought 2 pairs (it helped that they were only $15!) and they're all I've been wearing. They're VERY well made, soft and sturdy denim, low low rise in the front, but higher on the sides and back, and they aren't super tapered, they're just classy skinny. I got a really dark blue pair, but now I can't find them in the stores anymore, they just have those haggard black and acid washed ones.

Nyx

I have three pairs of skinny pants, two of which I have had for a while, and I absolutely love them. My recent purchase was a skinny dark denim rock and republic pair. I also love higher waisted pants...hot.

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottleblack
I think they look extra cute on the girls who can rock them,

unfortunately, I'm not one of them. In the words of 2 Live Crew, "too much booty in the pants".
smiles.gif

Ditto.
I've a bubblebutt.
oh.gif

rubixio

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmer
and see through shirts and nail danglies and poofy bangs...

Nail danglies...you mean when people "pierced" their long nails and put weird jewel things in them? haha...oh man.

I suppose those jeans can look alright. They remind me too much of tapered "mom" jeans. No thanks.

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lara
Loathe them. You might weigh 40 kilos, have no arse and legs like toothpicks, but they'll still make you look like you're wearing an oversized adult diaper.

*Including* Sienna Miller who started this madness. I saw her live and in person in a pair of these... and she looked like a freaking CARROT...