Skinny Jeans--Yay or nay?

kittenluvsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxcat
*Including* Sienna Miller who started this madness. I saw her live and in person in a pair of these... and she looked like a freaking CARROT...

:teehee:

battipatti

I've been wearing them for years, I'm very curvy and a borderline midget, seriously I'm 4'11". Its just a trend that will be gone by next year, now if we all want to focus on bad fashion here I suggest we all stop the return of the bubble skirt, now THAT is a piece of clothing that should never see the light of day.

Katura

Quote:
Originally Posted by battipatti
I've been wearing them for years, I'm very curvy and a borderline midget, seriously I'm 4'11". Its just a trend that will be gone by next year, now if we all want to focus on bad fashion here I suggest we all stop the return of the bubble skirt, now THAT is a piece of clothing that should never see the light of day.

A-friggin-men!!!!!!!

Thank goodness someone else thinks they are REDONKULOUS.

thatonegirl

I love them, but im really tiny with so called " stick legs"
I dont think they look good on women with really curvy hips, or big feet. And I have shape and look good in them.

SChotgurrl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODDESS
They are super sexy on girls with stick legs.......but they look horrible on girls with real legs
ssad.gif
They make your thighs look even bigger!!!

So stick legs are not "real" legs? Ouchie
weeping.gif
I have stick legs
ssad.gif

ette

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovexnerdsx
i think some people can pull them off and some people just can't, and it doesn't necessarily have to do with weight i dont think. i think it may have more to do with what you pair with it. i think nicole richie looks ADORABLE wearing skinny jeans, flats, and a blazer (lesbian wedding episode of simple life--am i the only one that loves that show?). but i definitely dont think somebody could wear skinny jeans, random sneakers and a t-shirt. do you see what i'm saying ...? also, skinny jeans that are really short aren't flattering to anyone, imo. but i have a pair that are a bit longer and flare out ever so slightly at the bottom and i really like them
smiles.gif

there's too many factors to say whether i generally like them or not, i guess.

I agree. I love my Tsubi's and J Brands...the ones with fading or the "emo" look with them is over done. I like the way Nicole wears them.

Kim.

If you have "knock knees" they look really bad. I prefer just the straight boot cut style the look better on my legs.

Sabrunka

I adore them. My legs are already super long, but they make my legs look longer. I am 5'11 or so, so I'm pretty tall for a girl, and I'm 118 pounds, so they suit me well. They look nice with a nice low cut pair of boots or sneakers.

Pink_minx

I like them..I dont own one yet but it looks good on some people, especially those with long legs thats for sure. I think as long as you put it on right with the right type of shoes and a cute top it would look nice.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim.
If you have "knock knees" they look really bad. I prefer just the straight boot cut style the look better on my legs.

OMG I agree! I have the sliiiiiightest knock knee, and skinny jeans make me look like both my legs are broken!
Though I do love this trend, it's not for me

sarzio

I have a pair of almost skinny jeans... Like they aren't super skinny but have a slight taper at the bottom so they look good with flats and such... However only CERTAIN frames can pull them off...

lovalotz

Eww
Hate, hate them!
Why buy something that will emphasize your thighs??
Since when was showing off the biggest part of your leg flattering??
Someone please tell me

pixichixi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillsoawesome
when I came back to the suburbs of MD for the summer everyone was like... "what are you wearing?! Where did the extra fabric go?" eh. I wear them anyway and they make high heels look extra sexy.

I live in MD, too, and I think I bought my first pair of skinny jeans in September/October last year, and now EVERYONE has them.
They don't look good on everyone, but I do love them, especially with heels!
The upper leg parts fit me better than most jeans (I have oddly shaped upper legs), and I like them with a little stretch.
I have the Joe's Cigarette leg, which wear long (and a little loose) on me and look great with heels; I have 2 pair of People's Liberation jeans in Bella, which are very slightly pegged, they look best with sandals or flats; I have a pair of Abercrombie Kids skinny jeans that are really comfy and strechy and look good with any shoe; I have a pair of Hollister Laguna skinny jeans in a lighter wash to wear with my pointy toe flats--I got these in a shorter length.

I think they all look pretty decent on me, but then again, I could be wrong.

I'm kind of little--not especially skinny or toned, just little. I'm 20, and about 5'4" and 110 lbs. with teeny tiny feet and no boobs and kind of wide hips for my size. But skinny jeans make my legs look miles long and make my butt look good (I have a no-butt). I think the jeans look ok on me because I kind of look like a pre-pubescent 13-year old and I'm into the big top-skinny bottoms thing.

Skinny jeans look best on almost anyone if you are going to wear a tunic/shirt dress/long shirt, especially since leggings are even less forgiving than the skinny jeans.

I guess I'd have to say skinny jeans are my fave type, but I still love my Old Navy boot cuts that I've had forever.
But...to each her own!

Simply Elegant

I love them but only if they're dark wash and not really tight on the leg at the bottom. I like for them to be really plain.

Beauty Mark

Skinny jeans if you're skinny enough and have good legs. Otherwise, they look bad. I know I'm not thin enough to pull them off.

sweetbabigurl

bleeggggghhhh!!!!!!!
i agree it looks OKAY on skinny legged ppl...*lucky bi***es*
anyways..
i hate it....lol
i think it shud be left behind

sweetbabigurl

blegghhhsafhdaslfd!!!
i think they shud be left behind..
but yea i do agree it looks good on some ppl *lucky bi***es* lol