Skinny Jeans--Yay or nay?

britaniefaith

I love them, I am curvy and I dont find them to be unflattering at all, infact I think they actually flatter my curves... idk, maybe it's just me?? I also love how you can wear them easily with boots as well as high heels. I think they are awesome.

HELLS no. I am quite skinny, but I have a butt and hips. Also, I am not 5'9". I am far from it (5'3")! They just make me look short, with a puddle of fabric around my ankles.

na_pink

im skinny, i have no thighs, they make me look longer and like if i have some hips .. having said that , i have 9 pairs

attacuswings

I wish I could wear them - I'm tall and already have long legs and feel that they'd make them look even longer. Unfortunately, I have thunder thighs and all of my excess weight accumulates in my legs (curse you, genes!), so they're not great on me. I actually have problems finding any jeans that I really love.

I like them on the girls who are shaped well enough to pull them off. They look cute with longish tops.

lara

I'm pissed that my favourite Levis # have been altered from non-stretch, low-rise, button-fly straight legs to super-skinny straights in stretch fabric with a zip fly and an ultra low rise.

Stupid Levis. I'm not a prepubescent twig or an unwashed emo teenager and therefore have no use for your unflattering new uper-skinny version of my old favourites. Levis = FAIL.

mizzTruLe

they are great with knee high leather boots worn over them but wearing the skinny jeans alone..i dont perfer it...makes my thighs look bigger

boysareliers

yes if u have skinny legs and thighs to carry them off.

if not, it will end up like dumplings with meat being stuff up in cloth.

sharyn

Only on guys with lots of black eyeliner.

skinny jeans may not be the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear boho, but I feel like it's definitely part of that whole style and therefore...
I'll stick with my boot cut no matter what. Since IMO hippie beads should be left to hippies and oversized cardigans to 70year old women, I' rather chop my own leg off than wear anything boho

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boho

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzTruLe
they are great with knee high leather boots worn over them but wearing the skinny jeans alone..i dont perfer it...makes my thighs look bigger

I think this is the only way I MIGHT be able to wear them. Maybe. Possibly. Unlikely. But might.

MisStarrlight

I have one pair...curse you theme days when we have to wear "black jeans" and the only ones that I can find are the damn skinny jeans.

I wear them ONLY with my knee-high boots & one of those long turtle neck dress/shirt type things from H&M.

I get a lot of compliments on my fat ass when I wear it like that so I'm not totally in hate, but am not about to go out and buy another pair or wear them another way.

oh_beth

I love skinny jeans!
It really depends on the brand though, if they look decent or not. They have to fit right.

jenii

I dunno, I have skinny capris, and they're really comfy. They're also not too tight on the legs, and I'll wear long shirts over them. Since I'm short, a lot of shirts are long on me, so I needed pants that weren't baggy, so I won't look like a walking sack or something.

Dreamergirl3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharyn
Only on guys with lots of black eyeliner.

skinny jeans may not be the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear boho, but I feel like it's definitely part of that whole style and therefore...
I'll stick with my boot cut no matter what. Since IMO hippie beads should be left to hippies and oversized cardigans to 70year old women, I' rather chop my own leg off than wear anything boho

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=boho

HAHAHAHA!
lmao.gif

oh my goodness, that was awesome. I'm not a fan of boho either.

Seems like every social scene has adopted their version of skinny jeans. The emo/scene boys with their girl jeans, the rich fashionista who stuffs them in her Dior boots, the boho girls who pair them with ballet flats, etc. Interesting to step back and look at how everyone responds to new trends differently!

Miss Pumpkin

I like them, but with the size of my arse I think they'd look hilarious and make my thighs look even bigger...
hmm.gif

Ithica

Yay on girls (somtimes) But NAY on guys, It makes them look funny i think (no offence!!) And i totally agree what Bronweyedbaby said about making feet look 100x bigger.

I don't like them on guys at all!

asnbrb

Please. I may be skinny, but I'm short and I've got a booty. I can't button those fuckers to save my life!

Kiseki

Boot cut for me and low waist, those incredibly tight skinny jeans are something that only a few should wear, and I'm not one of them.