Style Warriors for WOC

Dayjoy

I LOVE this look! Have you listed what you used for this (besides the Eversun) anywhere? Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
here is one with it applied over Eversun

bb.jpg

Prototype83

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiedoll03
I need some help from you ladies before I decided to just return some stuff from SW...I am finding that Bright future is not coming out as bright as I thought, how are you ladies making it pop on your lids? Also, does everyone but me love On a mission? I just think its looking really blah on my cheeks...maybe I expected something else except this plummy warmth. IDK....

I'm having to apply it over Corn s/s to get it as bright as possible. I still like it, but Bright Sunshine is my fav hands down.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayjoy
I LOVE this look! Have you listed what you used for this (besides the Eversun) anywhere?

Actually...I haven't sorry...I don't even remember...I wasn't planning on posting it...I only snapped it to see if the Bronzer looked too orange on me.

The blush/bronzer and Pink Fish TLC on the lips is all I remember
ssad.gif

ARmakeupjunkie

Hello ladies!! I picked up Purple Rite and Fierce and Fabulous yesterday. What liner are you guys wearing with Purple Rite? I know one of the face charts uses Pink Treat but, I have never believed that line looked anything but bad on me. Thanks for your help!!
tong.gif

pnuttbuttajelli

hai ladies
so a one of the comments up there reminded me i meant to share this with you guys on friday, but it completely slipped my mind!

the district manager for MAC is a regular customer at our starbucks (i amost flipped my shit when she first told me, but i digress).
anyways she knew i was super excited for Style Warriors and she asked me if i got it. i told her i got almost everything, but i was having issues with Bright Future and Vibrant Grape and their lack of intensity, and how for the color to show i have to either pack it on or put it over something else, and the shadows themself were chalky/linty.
and she AGREED (which surprised me because i'd expect "zomg maybe you got a bad batch," but she was completely honest).

so she told me that yeah those two colors in particular are hard to show up and she has to wear them over a PAINT. she was wearing Bare Canvas paint and applied Bright Future over it (and it really did look intense on her). i told her that my eyes are sensitive and tear up often and i actually had Bare Canvas paint and whenever i wore it my eyes would sting so bad that i'd have to rub my eyes until my makeup wore off. her reaction to that was O_O.

so yeah.
those two colors really do suck in the intensity dept, unfortunately. i mean, they're great to have and everything especially if you have to right stuff to accompany them, but it was still disappointing... ESPECIALLY IF YOU CANT WEAR PAINTS :-[ but for anyone having issues with them, before you return them i guess invest in paint/paint pots?

just a little heads up :)

PS. i didnt know how much you could cross-post links and stuff so i'm just going to say i have a Style Warriors-inspired FOTD/tutorial up on specktra and the youtube page (located in my signature) if anyone wants to check it out :)

TISH1124

Anyone who has yellow Chromaline or Corn Shadestick...bright Future looks so good over it. But I sprayed my brush with Fix+ and it was pretty true to pan for me

iadoremac

the mixed reviews in this collection is a bit much, I think i might just pick up purple rite and even that is a big might. But waiting for colour craft

TISH1124

^ yeah it is def a try it on for yourself collection.....I am waiting for new Starflash e/s..I love shadows.....

amber_j

D'oh! I forgot I also have Corn s/s and Cash Flow p/p. But I'm kind of fixated with this idea of a green base. I might try Bright Future on top of Chartru paint as well. I'm really excited by this! I also need to get a life... lol

pnuttbuttajelli - Thanks for the info and tip.

Twinkle_Twinkle

I finally got to see Style Warriors in person today and I am underwhelmed for sure. I am not sure if either blush will do anything for me, or even show up for that matter. I still don't like Refined Golden and I actually think that Solar Riche is prettier, but I HIGHLY doubt that will work for me unless another NW45 can tell me differently. I have already crossed the Lustre Drops off of my list. So it looks like only 2 or 3 eye shadows for me. Oh well. More money in the pocket for other things.

SassyMochaJess

^^I feel you on the blushes ( I'm also NW45) seems like they wouldn't work. I'm tired of going crazy for products cuz there LE. As for the lustre drops I have oily skin so not sure they would work for me as well. But I'm digging the shadows and glosses...

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMochaJess
^^I feel you on the blushes ( I'm also NW45) seems like they wouldn't work. I'm tired of going crazy for products cuz there LE. As for the lustre drops I have oily skin so not sure they would work for me as well. But I'm digging the shadows and glosses...

Yeah I hear you. And I feel like I'm the only one whose not to keen on the packaging. I have an appointment at the MAC counter on Thursday so I am going to try the stuff on, but I have maybe 45 or 50 blushes, so if these don't "Wow!" I will most def. pass.

SassyMochaJess

^^^I have blushes I LOVE also but I want to like Eversun. The packaging is okay to me. I'm gonna make my purchases this weekend so keep us posted since you gonna check everything out on thursday.

pnuttbuttajelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMochaJess

the lustre drops are divine in person and i almost got one, but when i told the assistant that i have oily skin, he told me to just go for a bronzer. im NW50 and he suggested Refined Golden and Refined Deeper Bronze.

Prototype83

I bought Sunsational today. I wasn't sure if it was going to show up that well on me, but I applied a little Cushy l/l with it and...LOVE!

Blushbaby

My list has diminished immensely. I'm going to get my stuff on Friday with a friend:

Purple Rite l/s
Night Manoeuvres e/s
Eversun (maybe)

Got my eye on stuff from other brands.

l1onqueen

ok so thanks to Erin's lovely SW FOTD, I want to haul ass back to MAC and pick up Bright Future and Vibrant Grape. Are these dupable colors, if so with what?

TIA