Style Warriors for WOC

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichollecaren
The packaging is the reason I ultimately decided not to buy.
I'm searching for eversun in the regular packaging.

I am the total opposite...I would never buy a product because I simply like the packaging....I will buy packaging I don't like if I love the product. I buy a lot of DS lipsticks that the pkg sucks on but I really like the color. With MAC if you don't like the packaging you can always depot..as with most DS now too

Face2Mac

The best packaging of lipstick in drugstore is Rimmel. I swear the rest suck, it depresses me just seeing the lipstick but loving the color.

nichollecaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I am the total opposite...I would never buy a product because I simply like the packaging....I will buy packaging I don't like if I love the product. I buy a lot of DS lipsticks that the pkg sucks on but I really like the color. With MAC if you don't like the packaging you can always depot..as with most DS now too

Admittedly, i'm a sucker for packaging, but i'm not so bad that i'll buy just because I like the packaging even if the product sucks.

I'll buy something (in ugly packaging) being all practical- 'oh its a great product, doesnt matter what the package looks like etc etc...', and barely use it.

I was actually considering depotting...but darn, 6 blushes?! LOL thats outta my league!

nichollecaren

Quote:
yeah I have 3 pro pans of Blushes and hope to get another when the F&F sale hits

th_worship.gif
can I be your little sister? LOL

Twinkle_Twinkle

So I think Eversun is going back
ssad.gif
, however I do want to take a moment to rave about On A Mission. It's such a nice plummy lavender color. I've been wanting something like this for a while.

Blushbaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blushbaby
Carandru - you're all gorgeous!

In the end I bought:

On A Mission
Eversun
Purple Rite
Sun Rush lustre drops
Mercenary nail polish

Oh I forgot to say that I've bought Scatterrays and Bronzescape solar bits too. I got them both for $20 + free shipping off the sales forum - bargain
th_DANCE.gif

iadoremac

sw.jpg

Did anyone try this look, I replicated it using purple e/s from the 120 palette on the lid and a yellow e/s from the 120 palette on the lower lid as e/l and tender tyst lip stain on my lips and gold deposit on my cheeks and got tons of compliments on it

dominichulinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominichulinda
sw.jpg

Did anyone try this look, I replicated it using purple e/s from the 120 palette on the lid and a yellow e/s from the 120 palette on the lower lid as e/l and tender tyst lip stain on my lips and gold deposit on my cheeks and got tons of compliments on it

I have yet to try it
ssad.gif
...but will do so
smiles.gif

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
So I think Eversun is going back
ssad.gif
, however I do want to take a moment to rave about On A Mission. It's such a nice plummy lavender color. I've been wanting something like this for a while.

Does OAM really show up that well? I didn't bother swatching it in the store 'cause I figured it would just be too light and ashy. But that's what I thought about Fleur Power until I tried it, and now it's one of my favourite blushes.

Hmm... Time to go back to the swatch thread...

TISH1124

Yes it shows up great on me...I think Twinkle_Twinkle is a shade darker than me perhaps and she said she really liked it..I am NC45

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
Does OAM really show up that well? I didn't bother swatching it in the store 'cause I figured it would just be too light and ashy. But that's what I thought about Fleur Power until I tried it, and now it's one of my favourite blushes.

I am NW45/47 and OAM did not show up well on me. I ended up getting Flirty and Tease powder blush to get the same effect on my darker skin tone.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j

I'm NW45 for reference. It's a BPB so it's not intense color by any means, but when applied with a dense brush it's definitely there, and it's a nice plum/lavender sheen. If you are looking for something more dramatic though I say go for Flirt & Tease.

amber_j

Thanks for all the feedback and advice re. OAM. Much appreciated.

I love this Beauty of Colour sub-forum!

cocomia

Quote:
Blushbaby did a fotd wearing OAM and it shows up great on her skintone

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/f...spired-141729/

After seeing those pictures, you've finally convinced me to get OAM! It's so beautiful on her skin
smiles.gif
I use Studio Fix Fluid in NC40 but I think I might be NC37 already. Do you think it would have that same effect on me? Dayummmm. Can't wait for Style Warrior to come out here!

Ashleybubbles83

from this line i ended up getting:

all four lipglasses
all lipsticks but brave new bronze
mercenary and violet fire nail polishes
all of the eyeshadows

and i'll probably get one of the bronzers when i go next week for my color matching at MAC...need to get studio tech for the summer!