Theme Makeup with a Purpose

CartoonChic

Here's the green smokey eye I look I did today. I know the week isn't over yet, but I think this one will be my favorite.

November 28, 2012 - Emerald Dusk

EYES

• NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
  • NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil 629 Sparkle Green - lid base color
  • L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow Golden Emerald - sparkly olive green color to lid (215 Brush) and to smudge eyeliner (214 Brush)
  • MAC Eye Shadow Carbonized - dark brown color to crease (226 Brush)
  • MAC Extra Dimension Eye Shadow Round Midnight - dark burgundy color to darken outer V (226 Brush)
  • MAC Mineralize Eye Shadow Aurora - pink brown transition color blended above crease (286 Brush)
  • MAC Eye Shadow Barefoot - gold color tear duct highlight (219 Brush), brow bone highlight (239 Brush)
  • MAC Fluidline Local Wares - dark army green eyeliner to upper and lower lash line (211 Brush)
  • Black Mascara

FACE

• NARS Blush Gaiety - light bubblegum pink color (129 Brush)
  • NARS Blush Luster - bronze color to highlight Gaiety (129 Brush), facial highlight (130 Brush)
  • MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Earthshine - plum cheekbone highlight (130 Brush)
  • Chanel Ombre Contrast/Sculpting Veil Notorious - contour (128 Brush)

LIPS

• MAC Prep+Prime Lip
  • NYX Lip Pencil Chocolate - warm brown lip pencil to outline lips
  • Revlon Lipstick 135 Chocolate Velvet - warm brown pink color
  • MAC Cremesheen Glass Over Indulgence - neutral brown peach color

NAILS

• Chanel Delight - bronze polish

I didn't plan to create a look at all today, or even wear makeup for that matter. I was only trying on my new Gaiety blush to see how the color looks on me. Next thing I know, I have a finished look. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I used more products that have just been sitting around in my stash waiting to be worn. I think that will be my goal for this challenge instead of trying to use up items. I don't think I'm likely to use up anything. Although, I am scraping the sides of my Over Indulgence CSG. I think I'm going to have my first B2M item.

Medgal07

Thanks! All I did was google the products you mentioned then picked similar colors in my stash. Believe it or not, green is not my favorite color. It's actually one of my least favorite colors. But you're right, I have been buying a lot of green colored items lately. I even bought a green dress that I love. Weird!
I do think green is my favorite eye shadow color because it really compliments my brown eyes. Here's what I have so far:

MAC Jealousy Wakes
MAC Steamy (this one is missing)
MAC Feeling Fresh
MAC Surf USA
MAC Guacamole
MAC Robin's Egg
MAC MES Water
MAC EDES Divine Blue
L'Oreal Infallible Endless Sea
L'Oreal Infallible Golden Emerald

After I did the blue smokey eye look yesterday, I immediately thought I want to try it again with a green smokey eye. Guess what I did today?
That's an impressive stash of green eyeshadows! Do tell? You did a smokey GREEN eye today. I want to hear all about it. I'm going to do one with MAC's Plumage. It's a perfect dark green, described as 'dusky peacock'.
You might like the following additional MAC Greens that I've had fun with, as well:
Bitter
Club
Feeling Fresh
Guacamole (you have already)
Humid
Juxt
Plumage
Shimmermint
Shimmer Moss
Steamy (you'd better find it)
Sumptuous Olive
Green Pigments:
Golden Olive
I've Got a Crush On You
Moss Garden
Rain Drop (Metallic Teal)
Spruced

Medgal07

LIPS
  • MAC Prep+Prime Lip
  • NYX Lip Pencil Chocolate - warm brown lip pencil to outline lips
  • Revlon Lipstick 135 Chocolate Velvet - warm brown pink color
  • MAC Cremesheen Glass Over Indulgence - neutral brown peach color

NAILS

• Chanel Delight - bronze polish

I didn't plan to create a look at all today, or even wear makeup for that matter. I was only trying on my new Gaiety blush to see how the color looks on me. Next thing I know, I have a finished look. I'm very happy with how it turned out. I used more products that have just been sitting around in my stash waiting to be worn. I think that will be my goal for this challenge instead of trying to use up items. I don't think I'm likely to use up anything. Although, I am scraping the sides of my Over Indulgence CSG. I think I'm going to have my first B2M item.
That's so awesome! It sounds like you're using more products in general...eventually you'll use them up, and of course have room for new products! That's the goal of the project. I love that you explored and created a look that sounds exquisite!!!! How do you like Carbonized? That's my go-to brown crease color to wear with a smokey eye.

If I wasn't doing this challenge I would be reaching for the same products, when in fact there are so many amazing ones to explore and use. I love this. I never mentioned that I hit pan on several eye shadows during the BCA pink challenge. That was a nice collateral effect of raising breast cancer awareness!
girlhaha.gif

CartoonChic

That's an impressive stash of green eyeshadows! Do tell? You did a smokey GREEN eye today. I want to hear all about it. I'm going to do one with MAC's Plumage. It's a perfect dark green, described as 'dusky peacock'.
You might like the following additional MAC Greens that I've had fun with, as well:
Bitter
Club
Feeling Fresh
Guacamole (you have already)
Humid
Juxt
Plumage
Shimmermint
Shimmer Moss
Steamy (you'd better find it)
Sumptuous Olive
Green Pigments:
Golden Olive
I've Got a Crush On You
Moss Garden
Rain Drop (Metallic Teal)
Spruced
I can't wait to see your look with Plumage. That one and most of the other shades you listed are on my to-buy list. I think I'm going to start buying more eye shadow next year. I've been waiting to buy more until I felt more comfortable doing my eye makeup, but MAC LE collections made me buy some sooner. That's why the bulk of my eye shadow collection is LE colors. I have Steamy because I saw it used in a very pretty look on YouTube and I thought it was being discontinued, but I was wrong. I think it was Shimmermoss that' was discontinued.

CartoonChic

That's so awesome! It sounds like you're using more products in general...eventually you'll use them up, and of course have room for new products! That's the goal of the project. I love that you explored and created a look that sounds exquisite!!!! How do you like Carbonized? That's my go-to brown crease color to wear with a smokey eye.

If I wasn't doing this challenge I would be reaching for the same products, when in fact there are so many amazing ones to explore and use. I love this. I never mentioned that I hit pan on several eye shadows during the BCA pink challenge. That was a nice collateral effect of raising breast cancer awareness!
girlhaha.gif
I really like Carbonized. It's very smooth to apply and I love the Veluxe Pearl finish. It's the only dark brown shadow I have, but then I only have a handful of brown eye shadows.

Carbonized
Sparkle Neely, Sparkle!
Aurora MES
Moth Brown - not sure if this counts as brown
Indie Spirit from Marché Aux Puces Duo - I forgot I had this since it's in a duo compact
L'Oreal Infallible Amber Rush - I don't think I've swatched this yet

It's great that you're hitting pan on things and using up items. The hoarder in me wants to have a death grip on some of my stuff.

MissTT

Thanks for posting the brushes you use for each step. That will prove extremely helpful to makeup novices.
goodjob.gif

Medgal07

I can't wait to see your look with Plumage. That one and most of the other shades you listed are on my to-buy list. I think I'm going to start buying more eye shadow next year. I've been waiting to buy more until I felt more comfortable doing my eye makeup, but MAC LE collections made me buy some sooner. That's why the bulk of my eye shadow collection is LE colors. I have Steamy because I saw it used in a very pretty look on YouTube and I thought it was being discontinued, but I was wrong. I think it was Shimmermoss that' was discontinued.
You can build your eyeshadow collection via B2M. I was told that you can't B2M for the pro pan eyeshadows...just the compact single eyeshadows, and the compact eyeshadows are B2M eligible. I depot all of my PRO palette-sized eyeshadows because they consume so much space otherwise. At least you can stack palettes or stand them in CD holders. I kept a running wish-list of eyeshadows as I was building my stash. Like you, I watched YouTube videos and parused the top ten (or whatever) MAC eyeshadow lists of anyone who maintained one. I still have a wishlist, but like you I purchase quite a few of the LE eyeshadows. Oh we'll....happy collecting (cough.....hoarding)

CartoonChic

You can build your eyeshadow collection via B2M. I was told that you can't B2M for the pro pan eyeshadows...just the compact single eyeshadows, and the compact eyeshadows are B2M eligible. I depot all of my PRO palette-sized eyeshadows because they consume so much space otherwise. At least you can stack palettes or stand them in CD holders. I kept a running wish-list of eyeshadows as I was building my stash. Like you, I watched YouTube videos and parused the top ten (or whatever) MAC eyeshadow lists of anyone who maintained one. I still have a wishlist, but like you I purchase quite a few of the LE eyeshadows. Oh we'll....happy collecting (cough.....hoarding)
I would prefer to have my shadows in palettes. I don't like how all of the singles take up space and I like that I can see all of my choices easily. I was waiting to get enough to fill up a palette before I tried to depot anything. I need 2-3 more. I want to get the new MAC book form palettes.

honybr

Can I join? I'm not near as talented as you all, but I love themes so I feel compelled to play along.
girlhaha.gif

My favorite look of the week (keep in mind it is very simple);

Eyes:

• Stolen Moment EDES all over the lid
  • NARS Albatross brow highlight
  • Urban Decay Perversion eyeliner top and bottom
  • Black Mascara

Cheeks:

• MAC Earthsine

Lips:

• MAC Flight of Fancy

I don't do crease colors because I have such a heavy brow bone you can't see it anyway. Lol.

Medgal07

I would prefer to have my shadows in palettes. I don't like how all of the singles take up space and I like that I can see all of my choices easily. I was waiting to get enough to fill up a palette before I tried to depot anything. I need 2-3 more. I want to get the new MAC book form palettes. The new palettes are really nice! They are deeper than the old palettes and take up more space. I do however like that you can see the product w/o opening the palette, and the removable insert is pretty cool too!

Medgal07

Can I join?  I'm not near as talented as you all, but I love themes so I feel compelled to play along.  :haha: My favorite look of the week (keep in mind it is very simple); Eyes:
  • Stolen Moment EDES all over the lid
  • NARS Albatross brow highlight
  • Urban Decay Perversion eyeliner top and bottom
  • Black Mascara
Cheeks:
  • MAC Earthsine
Lips:
  • MAC Flight of Fancy
I don't do crease colors because I have such a heavy brow bone you can't see it anyway.  Lol.  
Hello HONYBR, and a huge Welcome to the thread! Most of us here are novices in one way or another so you're in good company. We just love makeup! The look that you created sounds very nice. BTW, I love Earthshine! Glad you're joining us. :bouquet:

Medgal07

Okay everyone. It's time for a new theme. DECEMBER will be our holiday theme month, so bring out your favorites...whatever colors mark the holidays for you! I'm personally excited about the golds & silvers as well as, royal blue for Hanukkah & red and green for Christmas. So, lets have some fun....Happy Holidays everyone!

kimibos

hi girls. i have been absent because i havent been wearing makeup lately. so no new looks. i did get a pixie cut like a mix of anne hathaway and michelle williams. i luv those two. and just wanted a change. im always home so i dont mind experimenting haircuts. now i know what looks good on me. i totally love how easy this hair cut is. showering feels weird but way faster. and then it just dries quickly, and goes into pixie shape by itself. no hair drier or products. or even hair brushes. just a little hair comb. as you can tell im really lazy with my hair.

29939630.jpg

PrettyGirlDoc

hi girls. i have been absent because i havent been wearing makeup lately. so no new looks. i did get a pixie cut like a mix of anne hathaway and michelle williams. i luv those two. and just wanted a change. im always home so i dont mind experimenting haircuts. now i know what looks good on me. i totally love how easy this hair cut is. showering feels weird but way faster. and then it just dries quickly, and goes into pixie shape by itself. no hair drier or products. or even hair brushes. just a little hair comb. as you can tell im really lazy with my hair. 
29939630.jpg
ROTFL

PrettyGirlDoc

Hi Ladies Gonna post my Birthday look for last night. This post will be long. LOL. Primer - MUFE HD #6 Foundation - MUFE MAT VELVET # 75 Under eye Concealer-MUFE Full Coverage Concealer # 14 and MUFE #4 Concealer palette #21 concealer. Cheek Highlight- MAC PRO Sculpting Cream in Pure Sculpture Cheek Contour Black Opal Black Walnut Foundation Powder to set under eye concealer - Ben Nye Banana Powder Inner Part of the face set with Rock and Republic Pressed Powder in Chenille Outer Perimeter set in Rock and Republic Pressed powder in Angora After blending everything is set with MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC50 Brows- Filled in with Strut Pencil and MAC Dressed Eyebrow Wax Eyes Eyeshadows-MUFE #88 on lid MUFE -#75 on outer lid MUFE -# 92 on outer and crease Brow bone- white highlight on MUFE contour Eyeliner- Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion. L'OREAl Liquid liner intense in Carbon Lips- MAC Cork lip pencil MAC Angel lipstick MAC Angel lipglass :shock:

PrettyGirlDoc

Today's Look for church12/2/2012 Same face products as above Eyes inner mobile lid -Stray Dog from Urban Decay Feminine Palette outer part of mobile lid - Darkhorse from Urban decay Femiine Palette outer corner and crease -Unbridled from LORAC UNZIPPED palette Eyeliners L'OREAL Liquid liner intense in Carbon Black and Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion Highlight- White Highlight powder inMUFE contour kit #4 Blush-La Femme Cinnabar Lips MAC Cork Pencil Lipstick MAC Creme in your coffee MAC Overindulgence cremesheen on top

Latest posts