Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

hi girls. i have been absent because i havent been wearing makeup lately. so no new looks. i did get a pixie cut like a mix of anne hathaway and michelle williams. i luv those two. and just wanted a change. im always home so i dont mind experimenting haircuts. now i know what looks good on me. i totally love how easy this hair cut is. showering feels weird but way faster. and then it just dries quickly, and goes into pixie shape by itself. no hair drier or products. or even hair brushes. just a little hair comb. as you can tell im really lazy with my hair. 
29939630.jpg
That's hysterical! I'll bet you look adorable in your new hair cut. I'm so jealous. I have a huge head & my grandmother's big round face. I would look like a pumpkin w/ moss from the pumpkin patch on my head! ENJOY. Just because you haven't worn makeup lately does not let you off the hook. You can still share some tips for holiday looks that you wore in the past or plan to wear this month. :eyelove:

Medgal07

Hi Ladies Gonna post my Birthday look for last night. This post will be long. LOL. Primer - MUFE HD #6 Foundation - MUFE MAT VELVET # 75 Under eye Concealer-MUFE Full Coverage Concealer # 14 and MUFE #4 Concealer palette #21 concealer. Cheek Highlight- MAC PRO Sculpting Cream in Pure Sculpture Cheek Contour Black Opal Black Walnut Foundation Powder to set under eye concealer - Ben Nye Banana Powder Inner Part of the face set with Rock and Republic Pressed Powder in Chenille Outer Perimeter set in Rock and Republic Pressed powder in Angora After blending everything is set with MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC50 Brows- Filled in with Strut Pencil and MAC Dressed Eyebrow Wax Eyes Eyeshadows-MUFE #88 on lid MUFE -#75 on outer lid MUFE -# 92 on outer and crease Brow bone- white highlight on MUFE contour Eyeliner- Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion. L'OREAl Liquid liner intense in Carbon Lips- MAC Cork lip pencil MAC Angel lipstick MAC Angel lipglass :shock:[/quote HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU PrettyGirlDoc!! The look that you created sounds lovely. I don't have any MUFE eyeshadows but I googled the shades that you used....so pretty!

Medgal07

Today's Look for church12/2/2012 Same face products as above Eyes inner mobile lid -Stray Dog from Urban Decay Feminine Palette outer part of mobile lid - Darkhorse from Urban decay Femiine Palette outer corner and crease -Unbridled from LORAC UNZIPPED palette Eyeliners L'OREAL Liquid liner intense in Carbon Black and Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion Highlight- White Highlight powder inMUFE contour kit #4 Blush-La Femme Cinnabar Lips MAC Cork Pencil Lipstick MAC Creme in your coffee MAC Overindulgence cremesheen on top
VERY NICE! I love nude lippies.

PrettyGirlDoc

Hi Ladies Gonna post my Birthday look for last night. This post will be long. LOL. Primer - MUFE HD #6 Foundation - MUFE MAT VELVET # 75 Under eye Concealer-MUFE Full Coverage Concealer # 14 and MUFE #4 Concealer palette #21 concealer. Cheek Highlight- MAC PRO Sculpting Cream in Pure Sculpture Cheek Contour Black Opal Black Walnut Foundation Powder to set under eye concealer - Ben Nye Banana Powder Inner Part of the face set with Rock and Republic Pressed Powder in Chenille Outer Perimeter set in Rock and Republic Pressed powder in Angora After blending everything is set with MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC50 Brows- Filled in with Strut Pencil and MAC Dressed Eyebrow Wax Eyes Eyeshadows-MUFE #88 on lid MUFE -#75 on outer lid MUFE -# 92 on outer and crease Brow bone- white highlight on MUFE contour Eyeliner- Urban Decay eyeliner in Perversion. L'OREAl Liquid liner intense in Carbon Lips- MAC Cork lip pencil MAC Angel lipstick MAC Angel lipglass :shock:[/quote HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU PrettyGirlDoc!! The look that you created sounds lovely. I don't have any MUFE eyeshadows but I googled the shades that you used....so pretty!
Thank you MedGal for the birthday wishes. MUFE Eyeshadows are beautiful and pigmented. You must get yourself # 75 and 92. You will love them.

kimibos

ohh thanks darling. dont be afraid of cutting your hair. its just hair, like makeup. even cutting your tips makes you feel better. im actually in a no-buy now, cause i have to use my money for driving lessons. so im going to skip the nail polish thread and come here more often. hahaha

Medgal07

ohh thanks darling. dont be afraid of cutting your hair. its just hair,  like makeup. even cutting your tips makes you feel better.  im actually in a no-buy now, cause i have to use my money for driving lessons. so im going to skip the nail polish thread and come here more often. hahaha 
Yay. Glad you'll be in our midst ! I need to be on a nail polish no buy too. I now have to replace my MAC BookPro. It's dead....caput! When I went to the Apple store on Saturday they said, "this computer is vintage, and....." I interrupted and said, " VINTAGE,". MY HANDBAG IS VINTAGE! The computer is only about 5 years old, and I know by technology standards that's ancient, but it shouldn't be dead! I'm just bummed about it. So, I need to get another computer. Until then, my iPad & iPhone will just have to do. I've had short hair before and it just doesn't look good on me...doesn't suit my ample head & face. :shock:

honybr

Glad you're joining us.
bouquet.gif

Thanks!
th_hug.gif

Yes Earthshine became my go to this year. It's natural enough but still some color.

I'm looking forward to December's theme! I love, love, red lips so I go crazy in December. Has anyone tried Hourglass's Icon extreme shine lipgloss?
heat.gif
Oh my, I own a good 5 red lips and this is my most "grown and sexy" one by far.

VampyCouture

Joining this thread! I LOVE golds and reds! That was going to be a weekend look for me, but I ended up not being able to leave the house since I was sick :( Anyways, I did a great look yesterday for Church. I've been trying to give my drugstore makeup more love:

Face:
Fusion Beauty Face Primer (lavender color)
Coastal Scents concealer palette
Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Foundation
Milani Multitasker Powder

Eyes:
Nyx Glide On Eye Pencil in Brown Perfection on lid
Sonia Kashuk Smoky Eye Palette (Dark Brown) in Crease
Benefit They're Real Mascara
L'Oreal Eyebrow Pencil
CoverGirl Eyeshadow to set Eyebrow

Cheeks:
Sleek Contour Kit in Dark
ELF Baked Blush in Rich Rose

Lips:
Wet n Wild Chestnut lip liner
Nyx Megashine Lip Gloss in Africa (burnt orange)

CartoonChic

The looks being posted are all pretty. My favorite from the looks I did last week is still the Emerald Dusk look. I'm excited about the new holiday theme. I'm going to have to break out MAC Ruffian Gold for sure.

happybirthday.gif
PrettyGirlDoc!

PrettyGirlDoc

The looks being posted are all pretty. My favorite from the looks I did last week is still the Emerald Dusk look. I'm excited about the new holiday theme. I'm going to have to break out MAC Ruffian Gold for sure. :birthday:   PrettyGirlDoc!
Thank you Cartoon Chic :bouquet:

kimibos

Yesterday: Pixie Coquette
eyes: Nars eye primer, Mac jete, Mac moth brown and ysl purple mascara. Maybelline clear mascara to shape my brows.
face: DDF ultra lite oil free moisturizing dew,Mac face & Body, Mac blotting powder. i dont remember the blush or if i wore blush
hmm.gif
sorry
th_crazy2.gif
never mind i wore Mac's The perfect cheek
girlhaha.gif

lips: WnW Ravin' Raisin.
nails: DL Mermaid's Dream

i loved that look. it was like from the Lancome Coquette collection. really purple.

Today: Red Velvet
eyes: Nars eye primer. Urban Decay abc gum shadow. Dior blue mascara. maybelline clear mascara for the brows. all i wanted was for the brows and lashes to be notice but not to overshadow my look with eye makeup.
face: the same as yesterday plus Mac's Hidden Treasure Blush with the Nars Yachiyo brush
love.gif
, Urban Decay setting spray.

Lips: Lime Crime's Red Velvet Velvetine. ok this thing is the bomb! its better than any matte lipstick i have. its a true lip stain. and i have to use lancome bi-facil to remove it. the main focus of todays makeup. i dont know how they did this, but i really want other brands to do it, badly!!!
th_worship.gif

Nails: Illamasqua's Cameo

Medgal07

Yesterday: Pixie Coquette eyes: Nars eye primer, Mac jete, Mac moth brown and ysl purple mascara. Maybelline clear mascara to shape my brows. face: DDF ultra lite oil free moisturizing dew,Mac face & Body, Mac blotting powder. i dont remember the blush or if i wore blush :hmm:  sorry :loco: never mind i wore Mac's The perfect cheek :haha: lips: WnW Ravin' Raisin.  nails: DL Mermaid's Dream i loved that look. it was like from the Lancome Coquette collection. really purple. Today: Red Velvet eyes: Nars eye primer. Urban Decay abc gum shadow. Dior blue mascara. maybelline clear mascara for the brows. all i wanted was for the brows and lashes to be notice but not to overshadow my look with eye makeup. face: the same as yesterday plus Mac's Hidden Treasure Blush with the Nars Yachiyo brush :love:  , Urban Decay setting spray. Lips: Lime Crime's Red Velvet Velvetine. ok this thing is the bomb! its better than any matte lipstick i have. its a true lip stain. and i have to use lancome bi-facil to remove it. the main focus of todays makeup. i dont know how they did this, but i really want other brands to do it, badly!!! :bowdown: Nails: Illamasqua's Cameo 
Kimibos, both looks sound amazing, and I love the products that you used. I'll have to look into LCs RVV. I've been sidelined here a bit. I recently had surgery and I'm recovering slowly. I have some catching up to do! I purchased the Yachiyo brush and was surprised by how small it is. However, I really like it because it's super easy to handle. I find myself reaching for it more often than my MAC #s 138 & 168.

PrettyGirlDoc

Kimibos, both looks sound amazing, and I love the products that you used. I'll have to look into LCs RVV. I've been sidelined here a bit. I recently had surgery and I'm recovering slowly. I have some catching up to do! I purchased the Yachiyo brush and was surprised by how small it is. However, I really like it because it's super easy to handle. I find myself reaching for it more often than my MAC #s 138 & 168.
Feel Better Medgal

kimibos

LCs RVV. I've been sidelined here a bit. I recently had surgery and I'm recovering slowly. I have some catching up to do! I purchased the Yachiyo brush and was surprised by how small it is. However, I really like it because it's super easy to handle. I find myself reaching for it more often than my MAC #s 138 & 168.
thanks darling. i have been reading that the sephora lip cremes are similar to the LC and cheaper so ill tell you when i get them. i have to use the 10% coupon and $15 gift card that i got anyways.
th_cheerup.gif
feel better!!!

Medgal07

The Look that I felt best about over the past 7 days was simple but I liked it: Silver Bells
pretty.gif

EYES:
Dangerous Cuvee PP to lids
Warm Thunder EDES to 2/3 lid, starting at inner corner
Carbon to outer 1/3 of lid, placed diagonally then blended w/Warm Thunder
Lady Grey to crease, blended upward
Rice Paper to brows
Blacktrack fluidline topped with Carbon to line upper lids
Silver Liner Pencil to waterline
Warm Thunder close to lash line

FACE:
Face & Body
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana (applied with 116 Brush)
Copper Beach to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Shadowy Sculpting powder over Copper Beach(NARS Yochiyo brush)
Small Vanity blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
Crystal Pink MSF to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
MSF natural (applied with 129 Brush) to finish the look
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Cork lip pencil to line
Snob l/s

Nails: MACs Grey Friday

Medgal07

I have been frequenting the nail polish thread here on Specktra. Upon learning about and seeking out swatches of Deborah Lippmann's nail polish, 'Cleopatra in New York', I happened upon a makeup look that was inspired by this nail polish. In addition to going nicely with CINY nail polish (Black w/Gold glitter), I think the makeup look can be amended to create several holiday looks. Upon cartoonchic's urging, I'm sharing the link to this look with all of you. I found the nail polish at beauty.com. I ordered it on Sunday and the polish arrived today, Tuesday 12/4...standard shipping, free. I hope you enjoy this look and perhaps wear it as is or tweak it to your liking.

nanaparty.gif

http://takeflightbeauty.com/2012/10/26/cleopatra-in-newy-york-inspired-look/

Medgal07

thanks darling. i have been reading that the sephora lip cremes are similar to the LC and cheaper so ill tell you when i get them. i have to use the 10% coupon and $15 gift card that i got anyways. :support: feel better!!! 
Thank you Kimibos :support:

CartoonChic

I have been frequenting the nail polish thread here on Specktra. Upon learning about and seeking out swatches of Deborah Lippmann's nail polish, 'Cleopatra in New York', I happened upon a makeup look that was inspired by this nail polish. In addition to going nicely with CINY nail polish (Black w/Gold glitter), I think the makeup look can be amended to create several holiday looks. Upon cartoonchic's urging, I'm sharing the link to this look with all of you. I found the nail polish at beauty.com. I ordered it on Sunday and the polish arrived today, Tuesday 12/4...standard shipping, free. I hope you enjoy this look and perhaps wear it as is or tweak it to your liking.

nanaparty.gif

http://takeflightbeauty.com/2012/10/26/cleopatra-in-newy-york-inspired-look/
I would probably replace the blue with a green since I paired Cleopatra in New York with NARS Zulu polish, a dark green. But the blue is based off of Liz Taylor's Cleopatra, so it probably shouldn't be changed. What I look most is that the makeup is inspired by the polish.

And I hope you get well soon!
bouquet.gif