Theme Makeup with a Purpose

Medgal07

I would probably replace the blue with a green since I paired Cleopatra in New York with NARS Zulu polish, a dark green. But the blue is based off of Liz Taylor's Cleopatra, so it probably shouldn't be changed. What I look most is that the makeup is inspired by the polish. And I hope you get well soon! :bouquet:
I checked out Zulu because of you....what a gorgeous green! When I'm able to try the look I'll use MAC's Naval Blue or Marine Ultra pigment. I can also envision the look w/purple eyeshadow...so many possibilities. Thanks for the well wishes. I'm in bed, so makeup is out, but I can polish my nails! :eyelove:

Medgal07

Joining this thread! I LOVE golds and reds! That was going to be a weekend look for me, but I ended up not being able to leave the house since I was sick :( Anyways, I did a great look yesterday for Church. I've been trying to give my drugstore makeup more love: Face: Fusion Beauty Face Primer (lavender color) Coastal Scents concealer palette Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Foundation Milani Multitasker Powder Eyes: Nyx Glide On Eye Pencil in Brown Perfection on lid Sonia Kashuk Smoky Eye Palette (Dark Brown) in Crease Benefit They're Real Mascara L'Oreal Eyebrow Pencil CoverGirl Eyeshadow to set Eyebrow Cheeks: Sleek Contour Kit in Dark ELF Baked Blush in Rich Rose Lips: Wet n Wild Chestnut lip liner Nyx Megashine Lip Gloss in Africa (burnt orange)
WELCOME VampyCouture! :bouquet: So glad you're joining us, and I hope you're feeling better. I love the look that you described. December should be fun w/all of the beautiful holiday colors from which to choose !

PrettyGirlDoc

WELCOME VampyCouture! :bouquet: So glad you're joining us, and I hope you're feeling better. I love the look that you described. December should be fun w/all of the beautiful holiday colors from which to choose !
I tried to join in on the holiday bandwagon and my eyes ended up itching all day. I couldn't/wouldn't tight line for the next few days. I might be allergic to green eyeshadow. Eyes Inner lid- MAC guacamole Outer lid and crease-MAC PRO LONG wear eyeshadow -fresh flare Eyeliners- L'OREAL liner intense in carbon black and Urban Decay Eyeliner in Perversion Blush-MAC Small vanity Lips- lipliner - MAC cork Lipstick- In the buff

Medgal07

I tried to join in on the holiday bandwagon and my eyes ended up itching all day. I couldn't/wouldn't tight line for the next few days. I might be allergic to green eyeshadow. Eyes Inner lid- MAC guacamole Outer lid and crease-MAC PRO LONG wear eyeshadow -fresh flare Eyeliners- L'OREAL liner intense in carbon black and Urban Decay Eyeliner in Perversion Blush-MAC Small vanity Lips- lipliner - MAC cork Lipstick- In the buff
Wow, PrettyGirlDoc! That must have been uncomfortable. Was that the first time you've ever used Guac & FF? I ask because I had issues with UD's eyeliner in Perversion. It ran and didn't stay set. Resultantly, I was a mess & my eyes were very red and irritated. :shock:

Medgal07

I haven't worn any makeup in the past 7 days, but I did polish my nails, which were 'holiday' inspired. The nail polish is 'Frost Hyper' from MAC's Gareth Pugh collection.
girlhaha.gif

glammy girl

Such a pretty color Medgal, I love blue for the holidays :) Btw, I just picked up the Stila In The Light Palette yesterday, can't wait to use it, will post the look I do :) Hope everyone's enjoying the holiday atmosphere...

CartoonChic

It's the same as Medgal. I didn't wear makeup at all last week. Just didn't feel like it. But I loved my manicure. NARS Zulu + Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York to accent. I originally posted these pics in the nail polish thread.

Here's my NARS Zulu + Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York mani. It was difficult to get a shot of Zulu where you could see the green in it. It borders on black. Two coats of Zulu with one coat of CiNY layered on top of accent nails. My coke nail really stands out.
girlhaha.gif

Medgal07

Such a pretty color Medgal, I love blue for the holidays :) Btw, I just picked up the Stila In The Light Palette yesterday, can't wait to use it, will post the look I do :) Hope everyone's enjoying the holiday atmosphere...
Hi Glammy Girl! I'm eager to see the look that you create with your new palette! Likewise, I hope you're experiencing the joy & magic of the holiday season!

Medgal07

It's the same as Medgal. I didn't wear makeup at all last week. Just didn't feel like it. But I loved my manicure. NARS Zulu + Deborah Lippmann Cleopatra in New York to accent. I originally posted these pics in the nail polish thread.
CartoonChic, you could like rent those coke nails & turn a profit...they're like little spoons or shovels! :shock:

MissTT

Medgal that would require actually painting my nails. I paint my nails a max of thrice per year. Quit trying to get me to collect more objects.
cutey.gif

CartoonChic

Alas, the coke nail is no more. It broke off while I was washing my hair today. This usually happens. My nails break, but then they grow back.

Medgal07

Medgal that would require actually painting my nails. I paint my nails a max of thrice per year. Quit trying to get me to collect more objects.:pp:
LOL! Is that true? I change my polish 4-5 times/week, sometimes more often. Having recently purchased an obscene amount of nail polish I'd better do them everyday to justify this madness ! :bump:

Medgal07

Alas, the coke nail is no more. It broke off while I was washing my hair today. This usually happens. My nails break, but then they grow back.
Awwww. Farewell CN (coke nail). Oh I'm just jealous. I can't maintain any length to my nails so I just keep them short. :shock:

aradhana

sorry ladies, i keep getting lost when i'm on here, and can never remember what thread we were in...
i haven't been doing much interesting in terms of makeup, mostly because i'm so tired i keep sleeping in! winter is really taking it's toll on me!
as far as the theme goes, here we are in december already -- holiday season, and i was still thinking about the fall theme! yikes.

i like the looks you ladies have posted -- i'm looking forward to trying my hand at mixing in some deep blues and browns as well....

in terms of experimentation - i just picked up a few brushes yesterday, at shopper's drug mart -- they were buy three, get the cheapest free...so i picked up a bent liner brush, a cream blush brush, and a contour brush. i tired the bent liner brush and the contour brush today...the liner brush made it surprisingly easy to do a cat eye. i can't believe i slaved over my eyes for so many years! when i was in my teens, i use to climb on the bathroom vanity counter and look directly into the mirror when i was lining my eyes. and all this time, all i needed was this brush?!

the contour brush was interesting -- i tried it for my highlight and it was so so, but for the outer corner/crease of my eye, i liked it more but still need to play with it. the brush is like a cylinder truncated in an able shape...i'm struggling to describe what was different about the effect than a regular angled eye brush, but i think what it was is that the result was not overly diffuse -- it was kind geometric....now i've been reading reviews online and there aren't very many, and they aren't so great...
th_confused_new.gif

Medgal that would require actually painting my nails. I paint my nails a max of thrice per year. Quit trying to get me to collect more objects.
cutey.gif
LOL...