Theme Makeup with a Purpose

CartoonChic

Blah! I didn't wear any makeup again last week, so no favorite look to report. The winter weather is also taking it's toll on me. I did another mani that I like over the weekend, but it's too gloomy to take pics. Blah again!

I haven't seen Medgal posting lately. I hope she's feeling better.

glammy girl

yeah i hope Medgal is ok, feel better, we miss your posts...
smiles.gif
My favorite look was the look i wore yesterday 17 December. Its too late here for me to post it now, will post tomorrow when Im not falling off to sleep... lol

kimibos

Blah! I didn't wear any makeup again last week, so no favorite look to report. The winter weather is also taking it's toll on me. I did another mani that I like over the weekend, but it's too gloomy to take pics. Blah again!

I haven't seen Medgal posting lately. I hope she's feeling better.
i hope she is ok too. i miss her in the nail polish thread!

Prettypackages

I miss you ladies.. The last three weeks of work have been crazy. I'm just putting on concealer, eyeliner, and a purple or red lippie. Not really feeling makeup these days. Just blah too.

aradhana

lol i think everyone seems to be in the same boat. maybe it's the winter blahs? hopefully now that the holidays are here we'll all have more time to post on here and inspiration/energy to do some fun looks!
grouphug2.gif

i know i for one have already gone makeup free for two out of three days this week, and today was just mascara and a tiny bit of powder on my eyelids...i did swipe on some purple lipstick, but i'm sure it was gone by 10am!

anyway, hope all you ladies are doing well!

Medgal07

Hello Ladies
I have missed this placed. I have been working for the man like crazy.
Medgal I hope you feel better.
Thank you so much ladies! I was having a rough go it for a bit but I'm now on the mend. I appreciate your well-wishes. I've missed you all so much, and I expect to resume posting on a regular basis again.
girlhaha.gif
cheerleader.gif

kimibos

Thank you so much ladies! I was having a rough go it for a bit but I'm now on the mend. I appreciate your well-wishes. I've missed you all so much, and I expect to resume posting on a regular basis again.
girlhaha.gif
cheerleader.gif
im glad you are feeling better and yeahhh to being back, i missed you alot in the polish thread.

kimibos

so like last week i wore Mac Modern Mandarin for the first time with the Nars Yachiyo brush and i loveee it. i also wore Nars Niagara Lipstick and i recommend it to everyone. such a pretty color. its like Mac's Flamingo on steroids. and it looked so good with modern mandarin. Face and Body Foundation. curled lashes and brushed brows with maybelline clear mascara.

i loved this look and will definitely do it again!

Medgal07

so like last week i wore Mac Modern Mandarin for the first time with the Nars Yachiyo brush and i loveee it. i also wore Nars Niagara Lipstick and i recommend it to everyone. such a pretty color. its like Mac's Flamingo on steroids. and it looked so good with modern mandarin. Face and Body Foundation. curled lashes and brushed brows with maybelline clear mascara.

Modern Mandarin is one of my favs. I'm partial to oranges & corals. I will definitely check out Nars Niagara lippie!!!

Medgal07

I'm just getting back into my makeup groove. I've managed to do my nails almost daily, and I've opted for red nails and lips. Today I wore MAC's Such Flare lipstick, w/ MAC's Totally Fab
dazzleglass, along with Essie's Leading Lady nail polish.
santa.gif
Getting into the holiday spirit!
th_thb5ed765e.gif

CartoonChic

Medgal! It's great to have you back. Glad you're feeling well enough to post again. You were missed. Filling two racks isn't pathetic at all. It's an achievement.

CartoonChic

I still haven't taken my Yachiyo for a test run. I'll fix that when I do my holiday makeup. I think Shontay recommended Niagara as well. I'm even more curious to check it out since you compared it to Flamingo. I missed out on that lipstick.

Medgal07

I still haven't taken my Yachiyo for a test run. I'll fix that when I do my holiday makeup. I think Shontay recommended Niagara as well. I'm even more curious to check it out since you compared it to Flamingo. I missed out on that lipstick.
I love my Yachiyo for its small size...so easy to work with. I've been contouring with Earthshine & I love the result!

glammy girl

Favorite look of the week: 17 December 2012

Face:

Mac Prep and Prime Skin
Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation NC35
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Mac Pinch O peach blush
Mac Pink Cult blush
Mac Studio Fix Powder NC35

Eyes:

Mac Groundwork paintpot
Stila Sandstorm (In the Light Palette) all over lid and lower lashline
Sleek Storm Palette (matte light brown in the crease)
Inglot matte black pigment (outer v and lower lashline)
Mac Blacktrack Fluidline
Stila Kitten (inner corner)
Inglot 350 matte (brow highlight)
Mac Smolder (waterline)
Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara

Lips:
Mac Oak lipliner
Mac Faux lipstick
Mac Underage lipgloss

I loved the lips, went so well with the whole look
smiles.gif

kimibos

did you check the flamingo dupe from the cremesheen and pearl collection? . i dont remember the name but if you go to that thread im pretty sure you can find the posts.

kimibos

I just made a brief visit to the nail polish thread...bad move! I found myself on beauty.com and put a few items in my cart. I did not yet purchase because I'm waiting for common sense to kick in...not yet happening. I could be in trouble. I have honestly filled both of my 96 bottle nail polish racks. That's pathetic right? BTW, I'm wearing Essie's Leading Lady and I LOVE IT!
Modern Mandarin is one of my favs. I'm partial to oranges & corals. I will definitely check out Nars Niagara lippie!!!
pathetic?? well if you are pathetic im pathetic like you
drinks.gif
!! i actually l love the fact that you have your polishes in order. my are just in boxes right now. do check niagara, its really pretty!
about beauty and drugstore.com
thud.gif
i hate them and their sales. i did a no-buy and it lasted like 4 days
girlhaha.gif
i went ahead and placed an order with a obscene amount of polishes from BL.com. and 2 philosophy shower gels.

Medgal07

Favorite look of the week: 17 December 2012

Face:

Mac Prep and Prime Skin
Mac Studio Fix Fluid Foundation NC35
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
Mac Pinch O peach blush
Mac Pink Cult blush
Mac Studio Fix Powder NC35

Eyes:

Mac Groundwork paintpot
Stila Sandstorm (In the Light Palette) all over lid and lower lashline
Sleek Storm Palette (matte light brown in the crease)
Inglot matte black pigment (outer v and lower lashline)
Mac Blacktrack Fluidline
Stila Kitten (inner corner)
Inglot 350 matte (brow highlight)
Mac Smolder (waterline)
Maybelline Colossal Volume Mascara

Lips:
Mac Oak lipliner
Mac Faux lipstick
Mac Underage lipgloss

I loved the lips, went so well with the whole look
smiles.gif
Sounds lovely Glammy Girl. Some of my favorite looks are smokey eyes & nude/soft pink lips.
pretty.gif

Medgal07

I've been trying to use as much red as possible this past week. I was successful but I wanted to wear something other than gold eyeshadow. I found and used this look on You Tube, but the You Tuber used the look with a vampy burgundy lip and it was just beautiful. I adopted the look and used it with a red lip. This will now be one of my alternative go-to eye looks to pair with any bold lip.

The Look: All MAC products/tools unless otherwise specified.

EYES:
Quite Natural PP to lids (# 212)
Soft Brown e/s over the entire eye with soft fluffy brush (# 224 brush)
Texture e/s generously packed onto lids, turning brush sideways to include the crease (# 239 brush)
Soft Brown e/s again, to blend between texture & soft brown, blending the two together
Swiss Chocolate to outer corner & vee (# 275 brush)
Uninterrupted Prolong Wear e/s blended above the crease (# 222 brush)
Dazzlelight to brows for highlight
Blacktrack fluidline topped with Carbon to line upper lids, winged (# 211 & 208 brushes)
Soft Brown & Texture to lower lash line (# 228 brush)
Swiss Chocolate as close to top of lower lash line as possible (# 226 brush)
Fascinating eye kohl to lower water line

FACE:
Face & Body (187 brush)
P & P Light Boost Highlighter in triangle below eyes, set w/Ben Nye Powder, Banana (applied with 116 Brush)
Richly Honed to contour (applied with 163 Brush), Earthshine MSF over Richly Honed (NARS Yachiyo brush)
Sweet as Cocoa blush ( (applied with 128 Brush)
Whisper of Guilt to high-points (applied with 130 Brush)
MSF natural (applied with 129 Brush) to finish the look
Fix+ to set

LIPS:
Redd lip pencil to line & fill
Must Be Red l/s (LE MAC Illustrated Collex) (# 318 lip brush)

Medgal07

pathetic?? well if you are pathetic im pathetic like you
drinks.gif
!! i actually l love the fact that you have your polishes in order. my are just in boxes right now. do check niagara, its really pretty!
about beauty and drugstore.com
thud.gif
i hate them and their sales. i did a no-buy and it lasted like 4 days
girlhaha.gif
i went ahead and placed an order with a obscene amount of polishes from BL.com. and 2 philosophy shower gels.
Kimibos, I know I'll be going back to beauty.com to complete my order at some point. I have a ton of things to do before tomorrow's holiday cocktail party. I love the event...our neighborhood lines the sidewalks with lighted candles (luminaries) in white bags. That's all you see up and down the roads, and it's just gorgeous. We have horse driven carriage rides through the neighborhood to look at everyone's Christmas decorations, caroling and refreshments. We invite friends and family to enjoy it with us and have a cocktail party at our house. I should be getting ready for it but here I sit. I can't help it. I've missed being here and I'm trying to make up for it!
yahoo.gif