Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

patentg33k

I just had to come vent over my recent experience at my local tom ford, The summer collection got realised today and im booked in for an event their holding on Wednesday so i went in today and asked if they could hold the blush for me until the event on Wednesday and they said "Here at tom ford we don’t do that sort of thing"....
girl_devil.gif
.... she spoke to me like she was tom ford herself, i was so annoyed as it was so rude and iv spent a lot at that counter over the years, i even know the manager by name but this other girl was terrible. i phoned the tom ford counter in the next nearest city and they offered to hold it for me without me even asking !, on a positive note I’m really excited to get my hands on the new products
eyelove.gif
I caught that same weird vibe at one of our local TF counters when the Lips & Boys collection came out. Honestly, I don't think that luxury customers generally appreciate being treated that way. If you have a trusted SA at another line, they go out of their way to treat their best customers well (call when collections come in, keep you up to day, offer to ship). I know holds are iffy in the makeup world but every store should have offered you a pre-sale at least.

patentg33k

I finally got to pick up my goodies and play with them! Everything is soooo gorgeous. Tom Ford really hit it out of the park with the whole collection. I resisted getting the body oil thus far, but am having a moment of weakness....Anybody pick it up and love it? I want it to provide good moisture if I'm going to spend $95 on it... I'm thinking L'Occitane Almond oil style.

Here are some of my swatches I took this weekend!
winkiss.gif

The palette

Golden Peach Duo.

GP Cream, GP Shadow, layered. GP Shadow vs Golden Mink Peach glitter
Holy guacamole! those are so, so pretty! After the Beauty look book posted her e/s swatches over the weekend, I ended up ordering my 4th eyeshadow duo. LOL. Looking at your swatches, I'm glad I did. I can live without the face palette and blush (both are amazing in the pics, I'm just overwhelmed), but those eyeshadow!!!

Sorry, I ordered the oil from Nordstrom but it hasn't shipped yet. I still have the TF oil that came out when TF was still selling under the Estee Lauder label. The scent was beachy and lasts and lasts--it's amazing. So I'm sold on the quality of TF oils already. If you are near a counter, I'd definitely stop by to see the new one in person--I think it's going to be worth the trip. Full disclosure--I do love TF scents and I do love body oils.

You might like Clarins body oil (it works well, but you might not like the scent). I'm sure that the scent of the Tom Ford version will be much, MUCH more pleasant than the Clarins. Also, the Caudelie Divin body oils are nice too--similar to L'Occitane. It just depends on the price point, and scent factor.

RuLaRu

I completely agree, i was also asked to pay £10 ($15) to have a place at the event, you get this money off anything you buy at the event plus another 10% off so i thought since i already paid money they would be ok with holding a product but their so rude at that counter apart from the manager, iv given up, not the best way to represent a luxury brand
shrugs.gif
I caught that same weird vibe at one of our local TF counters when the Lips & Boys collection came out. Honestly, I don't think that luxury customers generally appreciate being treated that way. If you have a trusted SA at another line, they go out of their way to treat their best customers well (call when collections come in, keep you up to day, offer to ship). I know holds are iffy in the makeup world but every store should have offered you a pre-sale at least.

laurennnxox

I completely agree, i was also asked to pay £10 ($15) to have a place at the event, you get this money off anything you buy at the event plus another 10% off so i thought since i already paid money they would be ok with holding a product but their so rude at that counter apart from the manager, iv given up, not the best way to represent a luxury brand
shrugs.gif
WOW! Your experience was dreadful. I'm so sorry about that. Definitely tell the manager. It's worth it. I am a regular at my TF Counter in Neiman Marcus, and they had a new SA who treated me atrociously. When I filed a complaint everything was handled in a great way after that. I can't believe she treated you that way, even after paying to book the event!

brittbby

Holy guacamole! those are so, so pretty!  After the Beauty look book posted her e/s swatches over the weekend, I ended up ordering my 4th eyeshadow duo. LOL. Looking at your swatches, I'm glad I did. I can live without the face palette and blush (both are amazing in the pics, I'm just overwhelmed), but those eyeshadow!!! Sorry, I ordered the oil from Nordstrom but it hasn't shipped yet. I still have the TF oil that came out when TF was still selling under the Estee Lauder label. The scent  was beachy and lasts and lasts--it's amazing. So I'm sold on the quality of TF oils already.  If you are near a counter, I'd definitely stop by to see the new one in person--I think it's going to be worth the trip. Full disclosure--I do love TF scents and I do love body oils. You might like Clarins body oil (it works well, but you might not like the scent).   I'm sure that the scent of the Tom Ford version will be much, MUCH more pleasant than the Clarins. Also, the Caudelie Divin body oils are nice too--similar to L'Occitane.  It just depends on the price point, and scent factor.
Thank you for the advice! I did smell it and it smelled amazing! I'm getting weaker by the moment and may cave and purchase it! :)
:agree: It really is a beautiful collection. I just love how everything looks on your skin :love:
You're just so sweet!!

brittbby

9601f22e_image.jpeg
I played with entire eye and cheek palette today and omg, gorgeous! I have all three shadows on my lid (really buffed out the darkest color), both blushes mixed on my cheeks, and rose soleil with MAC spice liner on my lips. Edit: I also wore the light peach blush blended under my eyes! I'm loving how versatile this palette is.... Still kicking myself for missing out on last years palette :(

Bronwyn

9601f22e_image.jpeg
I played with entire eye and cheek palette today and omg, gorgeous! I have all three shadows on my lid (really buffed out the darkest color), both blushes mixed on my cheeks, and rose soleil with MAC spice liner on my lips. Edit: I also wore the light peach blush blended under my eyes! I'm loving how versatile this palette is.... Still kicking myself for missing out on last years palette :(
You look beautiful :)

YarahFlower

9601f22e_image.jpeg
:hot: you look fabulous! Love what you created!!!

kerry-jane88

I completely agree, i was also asked to pay £10 ($15) to have a place at the event, you get this money off anything you buy at the event plus another 10% off so i thought since i already paid money they would be ok with holding a product but their so rude at that counter apart from the manager, iv given up, not the best way to represent a luxury brand :shrugs: .
That sucks! Where was this at? I had a sharp response from a guy on the TF counter in self ridges Manchester exchange square once :/

A

Aqua

Hello ladies!!
I've been reading all your postings for a while. I love the positive energy that you all share so much, that I decided to join in the fun.
cheerleader.gif