Tom Ford Beauty Discussion

Medgal07

So, my small Gold Dust bronzing powder arrived---it's like my large Terra bronzing powder had a baby----it's so cute. My Naked Bronze and Black Oyster E/S duos also arrived but it didn't feel balanced so I ordered
As I was playing around with the cream blush, I tried the TF brush for the contour product he sells. It actually worked really well. I then used the Dior brush that is for cream foundation. Tight head, with angle bristles to blend out. I just get grossed out by fingers touching a cream product....yes, my OCD kicking in.
I have that Shade & illuminate brush---it's great for applying but forget about blending with it. I use a small stippling brush which allows me to apply (tap, tap, tap) and
blend (swirl tap swirl). I can't stand using my fingers in any of my makeup products---it ends up on my clothes!!!

Medgal07

So I took a chance on the Eye & Cheek palette despite being told it contained bismuth, which I am allergic to, and I am so glad I did! I agree with everyone who said it is the star of the collection. Love it, especially the cheek colors. I find I am usually able to get away with cheek products like these that say "may contain" or "+/-" bismuth, and I assume in those cases either they really don't include it or the amount is so small that it doesn't bother my skin. I also got Midnight Sea and on my pale neutral to yellow skin it is more grey than the Spring 2015 cream shadow. I am not seeing as much of the khaki tones on me in this one, which is a good thing in my book as the older I get the less I like khaki on me. The only bad thing was that it is very warm here today and it arrived with almost half of the cream stuck to the lid, looking more like it should have been called Midnight Mess. To top it all off I managed to actually knock the bottom portion off my desk and onto the floor. Thank goodness it fell right side up or it would have been one disaster on my rug. Don't even want to think about that!
lol.gif
I am so, so glad you were able to get and use w/o an allergic reaction, the Pink Glow E & C palette. Oye, regarding your Midnight Sea! I had a similar issue with
Naked Bronze & Black Oyster because of today's warm weather. Fortunately just small amounts of each ended up in the lid.

Enjoy your goodies!!!!!

Winthrop44

I am so, so glad you were able to get and use w/o an allergic reaction, the Pink Glow E & C palette. Oye, regarding your Midnight Sea! I had a similar issue with
Naked Bronze & Black Oyster because of today's warm weather. Fortunately just small amounts of each ended up in the lid.

Enjoy your goodies!!!!!
Enjoy yours too, and your baby bronzer...and oil...and RS when it comes. Such a beautiful collection!!!

awickedshape

:lol: yup!! Usually people rationalize to bring down the list!! We rationalize and keep :type: Ps: omg NM should really stop sending each product separately!! They just send the scent event gift bag as a separate order and the two items I ordered again separate; so a total of 3 boxes!! :shock: totally unnecessary and makes me look like a hoarder (which of course I am not) :lmao:
What's up with that? I just recommended NM because they consolidated an order for me when one item was coming from a store and now they're doing this. Is it only for the Soleil products?
So I took a chance on the Eye & Cheek palette despite being told it contained bismuth, which I am allergic to, and I am so glad I did! I agree with everyone who said it is the star of the collection. Love it, especially the cheek colors. I find I am usually able to get away with cheek products like these that say "may contain" or "+/-" bismuth, and I assume in those cases either they really don't include it or the amount is so small that it doesn't bother my skin.  I also got Midnight Sea and on my pale neutral to yellow skin it is more grey than the Spring 2015 cream shadow. I am not seeing as much of the khaki tones on me in this one, which is a good thing in my book as the older I get the less I like khaki on me. The only bad thing was that it is very warm here today and it arrived with almost half of the cream stuck to the lid, looking more like it should have been called Midnight Mess. To top it all off I managed to actually knock the bottom portion off my desk and onto the floor. Thank goodness it fell right side up or it would have been one disaster on my rug. Don't even want to think about that! :lol:  
Crap, I didn't even check for that lol

Medgal07

Enjoy yours too, and your baby bronzer...and oil...and RS when it comes. Such a beautiful collection!!!
Thanks Winthrop! I couldn't resist the gorgeous blue of Midnight Sea, so I nabbed it today in a Nordies triple points purchase. Now I think I'm finally done with
this collection-----It is time to just enjoy it!!!

Winthrop44

Thanks Winthrop! I couldn't resist the gorgeous blue of Midnight Sea, so I nabbed it today in a Nordies triple points purchase. Now I think I'm finally done with
Yes! I can't wait to hear what you think of it all when you finally try it!!

Winthrop44

Crap, I didn't even check for that lol
Not to worry, I bet you will be okay even if you normally have issues with bismuth. Either it's not there or there is a miniscule amount. It usually makes me want to rip my cheeks off in less than 20 minutes and no problems with this all afternoon .

ashievic

As I was playing around with the cream blush, I tried the TF brush for the contour product he sells. It actually worked really well. I then used the Dior brush that is for cream foundation. Tight head, with angle bristles to blend out. I just get grossed out by fingers touching a cream product....yes, my OCD kicking in.
I have that Shade & illuminate brush---it's great for applying but forget about blending with it. I use a small stippling brush which allows me to apply (tap, tap, tap) and
blend (swirl tap swirl). I can't stand using my fingers in any of my makeup products---it ends up on my clothes!!!
For blending a cream cheek product, be it contour or blush, the Kevyn Aucoin huge tight head round brush with tapered bristles is great for this task. The brush is huge, but it really works.

laurennnxox

[COLOR=0000FF]   I opened everything except the Shimmering Body Oil.  I returned everything to their boxes w/o swatching a[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  thing.  I get my fix by pouring over the amazing photos and swatches that you and[/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] others [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]have posted here.  [/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]  Oh and I watch related You Tube videos.[/COLOR]    :roflmao: [COLOR=0000FF]I can't believe you're contemplating MS-------so am I:lmao: We're so bad.  I figured I'll have all of the others---so, why not:shrugs: [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF] -----and it's beautiful!!!![/COLOR]
:poke: midnight sea is stunning!!

Filmfreak

Sigh. I keep debating if I should buy that eye & cheek compact while it's still available at Harrods. I ended up paying so much shipping & handling for the ripe plum duo because I couldn't wait until the German shops received it. Because I was worried the duos would never turn up. Now it's the same thing again - to buy or not to buy? I bet Hamlet's second name was "makeup addict"!
th_dunno.gif

KiKi Kontour

i swear I seen another swatch of this from somewhere and was liiiiike hmmmm...
hmm.gif
should I add this...cuz I totally seen it in a different kind of light but iiiiiiiii don't knoooooow
ohboy.gif

Medgal07

Just when I thought my wallet would have a break!!!!! I know they have guerlain summer in store. I wonder if les beiges will be soon. I want to swatch first.
I'm not impressed w/either this time around---happy wallet, but I did order another Chanel Méditerranée item.

elegant-one

For Yazmin: I took the pics in direct natural daylight. The SBO (Shimmering Body OIL) has an atomizer, which is great for controlling the amount dispensed. It is light,and like Glammy said, it's non-greasy and readily absorbed. It does not leave an oily residue. It left my skin soft and moisturized, again, not oily. The scent is VERY light w/a hint of coconut but that dissipates to a soft somewhat floral, versus fruity smell that is neither strong nor overpowering. In fact, once absorbed into my skin the scent is only detectable when I put my hand close to my nose. There are residual gold & silver shimmers as noted in photo # 3

That looks really really lovely on your skin!
eyelove.gif

Medgal07

i swear I seen another swatch of this from somewhere and was liiiiike hmmmm...
hmm.gif
should I add this...cuz I totally seen it in a different kind of light but iiiiiiiii don't knoooooow
ohboy.gif
For me, the color was too pretty to leave behind and the duos started to look like a set----my set was incomplete, so I ordered MS.
girlhaha.gif

tom ford midnight sea

http://www.temptalia.com/tom-ford-midnight-sea-cream-powder-eye-color-review-photos-swatches

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2015/04/tom-ford-beauty-cream-and-powder-eye.html