Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. III (Fall 2010)

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
For people who didn't get the palettes, from an non-UD fan (although I do have singles of some of them) here are some reasons for not stressing:

1. How many Midnight Cowboys, Last Call and colors renamed from other palettes do you need from Urban decay
2. Their shadows are a glittery mess.
3. They created this hype and they should pay by you withholding your $ from them.
4. It is offensive to non-NYC's, that they created a palette praising NYC. I don't live in NYC, What my city isn't worthy?

Now I will go back to MAC threads now and will be in the VV thread going wild when that collection comes out and is sold out in a matter of hours. I am going to be pissed but it is only makeup, sucks all the same though.

I like a lot of their eyeshadows but I agree with many of the comments above. I think this is totally marketing hype to get the sales up. I don't believe it is OOS for a second. They create higher demand by allegedly creating a shorter supply!

Many of the BOS have identical or nearly identical shadows.

I am a glitter bimbo, so glittery e/s mess is not a problem for me, but creating new eyeshadows by changing them slightly and coming up with a new name is dodgy.

How many BOS does a woman really need? But they are smart enough to add a few unique colors available ONLY in the new palette, so you end up buying the rest of the recycled colors to justify the price of the palette which you do not need because you can only get the color with the whole enchilada. Shady.
Oh, I will admit I bought the AiW palette for the shadows and the artwork, but these BoS have gotten really Out of Hand.

How about some Originality Urban Decay? They used to be fun and edgy, now they are just avaricious and boring to me.

singer82

Damn this is crazzzzzy! I've been stalking the sephora site and even emailed them. All they said was they are selling it sometime this month but didnt know the exact date. So everyday I've been stalking it. I go one day without looking and its listed on the site.....not in stock of course! If I didnt love UD shadows id just say F it! But buying the individual shadows gets expensive. I've kicked myself in the butt every year for not getting past BOS. I finally can and I cant get ahold of the damn thing! grrrrrrrr

Ally4MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by singer82
Damn this is crazzzzzy! I've been stalking the sephora site and even emailed them. All they said was they are selling it sometime this month but didnt know the exact date. So everyday I've been stalking it. I go one day without looking and its listed on the site.....not in stock of course! If I didnt love UD shadows id just say F it! But buying the individual shadows gets expensive. I've kicked myself in the butt every year for not getting past BOS. I finally can and I cant get ahold of the damn thing! grrrrrrrr

I saw that too so I emailed sephora and they said it will still be released on october 1 as planned, the picture is just up to go along with the rest of the holiday collection. So we didnt miss it

singer82

hmmmm she told me this month. The deception! lol
Thanks for the info!
smiles.gif

panther27

I got an email this afternoon from the UD website telling me I could purchase mine!
choochoo.gif
Woot,finally,can't wait!

honybr

I was coming here to tell everyone it's available at Sephora, but I should have know you all would be on it! I ordered mine!

cindiaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by honybr
I was coming here to tell everyone it's available at Sephora, but I should have know you all would be on it! I ordered mine!

Thank you!! I just ordered mine,
yahoo.gif
yahoo.gif

honybr

Does anyone else find it odd that it's still available at Sephora but it's gone in minutes on Urban Decay's website?

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by honybr
Does anyone else find it odd that it's still available at Sephora but it's gone in minutes on Urban Decay's website?

I do find that odd and not to mention Sephora wasn't supposed to have it on sale till October 1st
th_dunno.gif
I wanted this at first but with all the hype I dont think i want it any more I think I will spend my money on something else.

cbh02b

I got one...hoping that this isn't some weird joke on us that it hasn't sold out yet....maybe they did just get way more than UD's website? I praying I don't get an email saying "Sorry we really didn't have this..." EEK! I want mine to come!

singer82

I ordered mine too! I'm so excited!
My UD black palette is awesome. But I'm most excited for this one. This will be my first BOS!
smiles.gif

bellaboomboom

Yeah it was odd that Sephora had it so soon. Then I got an email from UD saying it was back in stock, went immediately to the site just to see, and it was gone.
th_dunno.gif
Anyway I ordered mine from Sephora last Friday and can't wait to get it. I am not able to track the shipment via UPS though with the tracking # I was given. Anyone else have that problem? Makes me worried a bit!
sweatdrop.gif

Ms_Slick

Just ordered mine this morning! I was planning on waiting until Ulta released it this Sunday, but with free shipping and free samples from Sephora.com, I just ordered it. I'm so excited to receive it and start playing with all the colors. And it'll be nice to not have to drive to Ulta and deal with possibly being ninth in line and them only receiving 8 sets or something silly.

bellaboomboom

Well my tracking # was working this morning and it will be delivered to me at work today !!!!!
yahoo.gif
Nothing like getting a package of makeup at work to make the day OH SO MUCH better!

I found it best to order from Sephora as well since you get the freebies and I also got a birthday gift. Can't beat that
smiles.gif

MAChostage

I ordered mine two days ago and thus far the Sephora website has been showing my order status as "sent to warehouse", so I'm not holding my breath.